Aussie Exhausts

Mustwait GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT 6M TY
Hi Mustwait
Did you choose the x pipe or resonators with ours
X pipe. S type cat back replaces resonator with the x pipe as standard.

Are you considering leaving the resonator in place?

05STNG

05 STNG
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Simon
Vehicle(s)
DIB Fastback V8 Manual
exhaust

X pipe. S type cat back replaces resonator with the x pipe as standard.

Are you considering leaving the resonator in place?
No
I spoke to Fred last week and he said that its one of the options for those who thought the S-type or Atak was too loud. *I am looking to get mine done but haven't heard any to make up my mind which way to go

cheers

Jimbo9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Hi all

Long time lurker (well about a month!), first time poster here.

I got a call from my dealer that my GT will land at the end of March and be delivered in April, quite a bit earlier than expected as I only ordered last May.

So now I'm thinking about choosing an exhaust and would love some guidance from here if possible.

I'm after a deep throaty sound but cannot have any drone when cruising at 60,70, 80 or 100.

It will be a daily driver. I read the entire thread and have listened to loads of sound clips but would appreciate any recommendations from the forum.

Thanks in advance!

Jim

Drewbo

WTF?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Fastback 6MT DIB
Vehicle Showcase
I'm after a deep throaty sound but cannot have any drone when cruising at 60,70, 80 or 100.
Sounds like the Borla Touring CB is the exhaust for you.

:thumbsup:

Sponsored

Jimbo9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Thanks for that - It's one I hadn't really considered but I'll check it out now

CasperGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
GT Black Fastback (Drake)
Hi all

I got a call from my dealer that my GT will land at the end of March and be delivered in April, quite a bit earlier than expected as I only ordered last May.

So now I'm thinking about choosing an exhaust and would love some guidance from here if possible.

It will be a daily driver. I read the entire thread and have listened to loads of sound clips but would appreciate any recommendations from the forum.

Thanks in advance!

Jim
Dont know if you have heard it but another option that got me when I heard it was the Ford Racing Sport by Borla. I am going for the quad tip as I wanted the GT350 valance but when I heard it in real life I was totally blown away. But its exy at $3K. But the sound is growly and V8 Revealing.

CasperGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
I'll second [MENTION=7882]Drewbo[/MENTION] post. I have it on my car and it sounds great
A good thing about Borla is the no drone pretty much gauranteed regardless of which one you go for. I heard an atack the other day...wholly crap, those things are loud. I have heard a touring but only from outside and not on the run, but it sounded nice from what I could hear.

IngoStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Troy
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Fastback Velocity Blue
A good thing about Borla is the no drone pretty much gauranteed regardless of which one you go for. I heard an atack the other day...wholly crap, those things are loud. I have heard a touring but only from outside and not on the run, but it sounded nice from what I could hear.
Being a daily driver, I couldn't have a system that woke my street up at 5am when I go to work. Thankfully the Touring, whilst louder at cold start, I can easily idle off down the street without a problem. Once you get on the pedal though, that angry growl shines from about 3,000 rpm

Sponsored

Jimbo9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Dont know if you have heard it but another option that got me when I heard it was the Ford Racing Sport by Borla. I am going for the quad tip as I wanted the GT350 valance but when I heard it in real life I was totally blown away. But its exy at $3K. But the sound is growly and V8 Revealing.

The $3k wouldn't include fitting would it? CJ video says 3 hours to install and no chance I could do that myself.

Looks beautiful mind!

Unkle Ed

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
But the sound is growly and V8 Revealing.
Nearly sounds erotic the way you describe that

The $3k wouldn't include fitting would it? CJ video says 3 hours to install and no chance I could do that myself.

Looks beautiful mind!
That's supply only. It seriously isn't very hard to fit, having done one already I can say I could easily do it again in under 2 hours. The hardest part is actually getting the balls to cut the bumper bar.

CasperGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
Nearly sounds erotic the way you describe that

It is Ed... Sexy as all hell your car...lol

That's supply only. It seriously isn't very hard to fit, having done one already I can say I could easily do it again in under 2 hours. The hardest part is actually getting the balls to cut the bumper bar.

Worth the cut..! The after look is completely worth it as I am sure you would agree.

Alzy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT fastback
Thanks for your great feedback everyone. This forum is a wealth of knowledge and no shortage of members who provide valuable advice, which is much appreciated.
Burkey, special thanks for loading a video of your beast - it sound awesome!

Fred, I appreciate your offer on the Borla. It sounds great from the clips I've seen & heard.
But my heart says to follow the advice of Burkey and dreabc and pull the trigger on the Magnaflow Competition axle backs, so I hope I'm making the right choice.
Whilst way more expensive than the JBA's, I was looking at the Magnaflows right from the start, as these will give that deep muscle car sound with no rasp, but the possibility of drone was my biggest concern.
Whilst there may be a little, I can live with that as mine is not a daily driver.
Cheers!

Bolted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Race Red
Hi all

Thanks in advance!

Jim
Hi Jim,

I note your in Melbourne, I suggest you call and arrange a meeting with Fred from suspensionpartsonline.com.au - ph 03 9553 6915, his shop is in Moorabbin and he is running a S-Type Catback on his Stang.
I am running the S-Type on my GT as well and currently daily driving it to work. Its a little loud on start up but goes quiet after about 20-30 seconds. You can control the volume by the way you drive; hammer it and it will get loud - cruise steadily at 60-70kmph and you can barely hear it. The system is also pretty well priced.

Whichever system you choose, hear it in person, you may think you know what you want but you probably won't know what you like until you sit inside a car and listen to it.

Happy motoring.

:thumbsup:
Sponsored