Aussie Exhausts

IngoStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Troy
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Fastback Velocity Blue
Fred, the information was more for clarifying that the touring isn't as quiet as everyone thinks. One person on a forum says its quiet then its just set in stone that it must be the case, even though it hasn't been heard in the flesh. Misinformation is posted on here almost daily because peoples " opinions " vary
Sponsored

Surrexen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
The touring isn't that quiet at all. Sound tests done by Best Exhaust
Yeah that's confusing, I thought the borla atak was supposed to be the loudest. I'm trying to decide between touring and S-type. Anyone with S-type catback had any issues with noise complaints?

Vogtland Mustang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.americanspeed.com.au
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Porsche 987 Spyder
Fred, the information was more for clarifying that the touring isn't as quiet as everyone thinks. One person on a forum says its quiet then its just set in stone that it must be the case, even though it hasn't been heard in the flesh. Misinformation is posted on here almost daily because peoples " opinions " vary
Hi Troy totally agree with you, it certainly is not an uber quiet system. The system in car is actually much quieter than say an S type or ATAK as the Touring has the BORLA front resonator in place of the S and ATAK Types X Pipe. I guess people hear videos etc and think it is the sound. Nothing can replicate the true sound of being there live or going for a run in the car. Every customer who calls in has told me that the BORLA S Type on our car sounds so much better than a video.

Vogtland Mustang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.americanspeed.com.au
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Porsche 987 Spyder
Yeah that's confusing, I thought the borla atak was supposed to be the loudest. I'm trying to decide between touring and S-type. Anyone with S-type catback had any issues with noise complaints?
Hi Paul we are Factory BORLA Distributors and have the S Type on our car NO ISSUES with the law. Drive sensibly and no drama. We have a DB meter and as for loudness the S Type is definitely louder over the Touring. Yes the ATAK is the loudest as I said that chart is not truly representative of the systems.

As far as Drone goes absolutely Zero Drone.

Last edited:

Sponsored

PPPony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
MY17 Mustang GT Auto
I have a FRPP Touring Axle Back and I'm so happy with my decision.

Awesome sound, no drone, and it turns heads too.

miro67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 build GT Convertible
I have the borla s type axle back. It's bloody awesome! Thanks Fred. I have a vert so this may effect my opinion on loudness however it is a reasonably loud exhaust for urban driving. However just to confirm it sounds bloody awesome!

MaxQ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White 5.0 GT
Hi Paul, I have the borla S type cat back, had it fitted by the dealer during pre delivery.
no noise complaints only compliments on the sound it makes.

I did get some droning in the cabin between 2000 2500 rpm. so last week end when i fitted the BMR cb005 kit i checked all the clamps and re torqued the nuts to spec and the droning has gone.
Cheers

CasperGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
GT Black Fastback (Drake)
This is what I wanted on mine and your post has sealed the deal!! Where did you buy from if you don't mind me asking? Did you retain the factory suitcase resonator? Would love to hear a sound clip if you have one.

Hey Spiller, I can vouch for what Steve is saying too. I have had mine on for 3,000km now and allI can say is.... Bloody Amazing!!! Zero drone, DEEP burble with a downshift Crackle that has developed since doing 3000k's. With the windows wound up you hear it like a rumble through the rear end and is not annoying but makes you smile. Chuck it into Sport mode and its loud through accelleration, back off and she crackles and rumbles. See a cop, just change out of sport mode to normal and back off the pedal a bit it quitens down enough to be no problem at all. Expensive BUT it is also the valance and the look is just as amazing as the sound. I get people at lights commenting through their windows and pedestrians turning heads all the time. I have a Mishimoto H pipe sitting in my spare room and are too frightened to put it on as I dont want to spoil how amazing it already sounds and are worried it might be just too damn loud. One day I will chuck it on to just see but for now I love the axle backs.
image.jpeg

Sponsored

Sturty91

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Manual
Big thanks to Fred from suspension parts online for the super fast shipment of my Borla 'S-Type' Catback exhaust which arrived today! Great bloke to deal with, and super good pricing! Now just the waiting game for my pony to arrive next month :D
IMG_5136.jpg
IMG_5135.jpg

RSPEC-015

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Territory & Mustang GT
I finally ordered a cat-back exhaust system today - I went with the AWE Touring Edition.

I ordered it from the Australian Distributor. I was looking at a Stainless Works system with H-Pipe but the AWE sounds as good and looks better.

Pricewise, they gave a 5% discount which is on offer for anyone who mentions they are from Mustang6G Forum. I've worked out overall it's about AUD$250 more than if I bought overseas but at least I have some recourse if all is not well.

Should be here in about 3 to 4 weeks.

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=77510

Vinno

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vince
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT Fastback Manual
I finally ordered a cat-back exhaust system today - I went with the AWE Touring Edition.

I ordered it from the Australian Distributor. I was looking at a Stainless Works system with H-Pipe but the AWE sounds as good and looks better.

Pricewise, they gave a 5% discount which is on offer for anyone who mentions they are from Mustang6G Forum. I've worked out overall it's about AUD$250 more than if I bought overseas but at least I have some recourse if all is not well.

Looks quality will have to hear it when you get it.

Bagration

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT delivered 8 May 17

Who is the Australian Distributor?
Sponsored