Sponsored

Aus 2022 Mustangs

StigyAus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Has anyone received any solid information about their Australian 2022 Mustang?
Any emails from Ford at all? Any actual numbers for your car (like VIN)? I haven’t got any.
Last I’ve heard is we’re on for a build in mid April, but I’d really like to see something from Ford, not just hear things from my dealer. There’s plenty of threads about the process so we probably don’t need to go over that, this is more about what you’ve got at this time specific to your Aus 2022 Mustang.
BTW FYI, my order was placed at the start of May.
Thanks
Sponsored

Nel66

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nelson
Vehicle(s)
Toyota - Soon to be Mustang GT Convertible
Wow, so you've been waiting since May 2021? I placed an order at the beginning of November last year and was told possible April/May delivery... which I didn't believe anyway. I also never received any confirmation or welcome from Ford either so in late January I emailed the dealer asking if there was any update and they emailed me a screenshot showing a segmentation (production) date of 16th April and delivery 2nd July.

Up to last week there was still no news from Ford so I asked the dealer for an update again and he forwarded me another screenshot, this time showing segmentation date 25th April and delivery ETA 16th July. This time though I actually had a VIN number as well.

The dealer did tell me that I'm welcome to ask him for an update any time I want but that Ford will not email me at all until the car is actually in production and then I can track the vehicle's ship etc.

If I was you I would definitely get that screen shot emailed. If it's to be produced in April, you should have your VIN created by now.

Stevefreestyle

Blue Blood
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT 10Sp Auto, Velocity Blue
Has anyone received any solid information about their Australian 2022 Mustang?
Any emails from Ford at all? Any actual numbers for your car (like VIN)? I haven’t got any.
Last I’ve heard is we’re on for a build in mid April, but I’d really like to see something from Ford, not just hear things from my dealer. There’s plenty of threads about the process so we probably don’t need to go over that, this is more about what you’ve got at this time specific to your Aus 2022 Mustang.
BTW FYI, my order was placed at the start of May.
Thanks
Your Dealer has been sitting on all your Order and Build Status information, from when the order was loaded onto the Ford System - including confirmation of your order details.

Your Dealer (Car Controller) has access to your on-line Order Status file at any time, for the current Order Status, and can email you a Screen Shot, which will update you on all the past and some future Milestones, including your VIN allocation and Build or proposed / scheduled Build (Segmentation) Date.

Apparently only the Dealer "Car Controller" can access the Status File, not the Sales Rep.

Last edited:

prestj1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 TBD
Wow, so you've been waiting since May 2021? I placed an order at the beginning of November last year and was told possible April/May delivery... which I didn't believe anyway. I also never received any confirmation or welcome from Ford either so in late January I emailed the dealer asking if there was any update and they emailed me a screenshot showing a segmentation (production) date of 16th April and delivery 2nd July.

Up to last week there was still no news from Ford so I asked the dealer for an update again and he forwarded me another screenshot, this time showing segmentation date 25th April and delivery ETA 16th July. This time though I actually had a VIN number as well.

The dealer did tell me that I'm welcome to ask him for an update any time I want but that Ford will not email me at all until the car is actually in production and then I can track the vehicle's ship etc.

If I was you I would definitely get that screen shot emailed. If it's to be produced in April, you should have your VIN created by now.
Do you mind sharing an example of the screenshot so I can ask the dealer for a copy of mine, blank out any sensitive info of course :)

I was a Nov order and no info to date :(

Nel66

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nelson
Vehicle(s)
Do you mind sharing an example of the screenshot so I can ask the dealer for a copy of mine, blank out any sensitive info of course :)

I've sent you a PM. Let me know how you go.

Sponsored

OP
OP
StigyAus

StigyAus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Wow, so you've been waiting since May 2021?
Yep. It’s been a long wait. My dealer tells me there was a date in late April about a week before my order which was the cut off. No orders received since that date would have been filled yet. He also told me someone who ordered just a week after me won’t be having his order filled in this production batch. Maybe it’s a dealer specific allocation of builds or something, I don’t know.

Thanks very much guys, just the sort of info I was looking for. Good confirmation I’m not missing out by not receiving anything from Ford yet. I’ve emailed my dealer now to get the screenshot and VIN.

Stevefreestyle

Blue Blood
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT 10Sp Auto, Velocity Blue

Baltimore is the final destination before the car is loaded onto the ship.

2021 BUILD My Mustang SCREEN SHOT Fri 12March21.png

OP
OP
StigyAus

StigyAus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Excellent, thanks to you guys (and repeated hassling of my dealer) I now have the screenshot.
I have a VIN, yay:champagne: , order date: 21/12, contract date: 29/12, segmentation date 14/4, eta 16/7. Guess our cars will be on the same ship @Nel66
Capture status is Available which I believe is a good thing.
Vehicle status is Resegmented, which is interesting.
The order and contract dates are also interesting, considering I thought they should be early May, not December… 🤨
Now to search threads to find where I can type my VIN to get more info. Already tried windowsticker and fordordertracking but they don’t like my VIN yet. :crackup:

Nel66

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nelson
Vehicle(s)
That's awesome news! I haven't had any luck yet either but yes, it sounds like ours cars will be shipped together I can't wait to be able to track them when it becomes available.

Sponsored

Nel66

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nelson
Vehicle(s)
So @prestj1 Did you have any luck getting your screenshot on your order from the dealer?

prestj1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 TBD
So @prestj1 Did you have any luck getting your screenshot on your order from the dealer?
I tried 3 times, but everytime the dealer was adament they can't get a screenshot until the order appears in "their system" whatever that is :(

So the answer is No I wasn't able to get a screenshot....damn Covid delays....:devil:

Nel66

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nelson
Vehicle(s)
Oh really? It sounds like they maybehaven't actually placed your order due to allocations maybe? I did order in early November but my order placement only showed as end of January.

Good luck though, I hope you get some good news soon!

prestj1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 TBD
Oh really? It sounds like they maybehaven't actually placed your order due to allocations maybe? I did order in early November but my order placement only showed as end of January.

Good luck though, I hope you get some good news soon!

Agreed it does sound like they are waiting for their next allocation of units before I get allocated 1...and actually they might have said something around those lines as well I can't remember exxactly, but you just jogged my memory.

Nel66

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nelson
Vehicle(s)
Just a quick update on my order. I emailed my dealer asking him for a screenshot yesterday. My segmentation date has been moved from 25th April to 3rd May. ETA has now moved from 15th July to 23 july.

It'd be interesting to see how everyone else is going with their updates.
Sponsored