Sponsored

ATTENTION ALL - MUSTANG6G SOFTWARE MIGRATION THIS WEEKEND!!! - WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW

OP
OP
Jarstang

Jarstang

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
The new format seems to add-intrusive. The advertisements should be in their own frame on the right side, etc. But not within the body of text, or posts.

And what is with the white background..? Can we get some contrast back into this site, plz. Or a mobile black background version..?
Ads should not be appearing within the body of text or posts. They should be at the top, off to the side or at the bottom of the thread. The only time ads appear between posts is right after you make a post. This is because the quick reply box is underneath the bottom ad on a thread and the post displays in the same spot right after you make the post via quick reply. Once you reload, the banner goes to the bottom of the thread again.

If what you are seeing is different than what I have described please screenshot it and send it to me via PM.
Sponsored

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
For my last point there, you can address it by targeting:

.subForumList .node .unread .nodeTitle

A text color change would do it for me really, if you want the background it seems to be tied to the list item.

PortalMaker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Lexus IS300 AWD
I feel kinda dumb. Can't find a "log-in" option while viewing the new forum on my phone. Can only see a "register" button asking me to create a whole new account. Had to turn on my PC just to come type this.

edit: Nevermind. Just noticed the little key shaped icon and realized that's the log-in button. :oops::confused:

Last edited:

jrease

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 GT
This is one of the slickest UI's I've seen on a forum. Just tested the drag/drop image attaching and what an improvement that is over Vbulletin. Is this function flash or HTML5 based?

ivantwilliams

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium with Performance Package
Vehicle Showcase
Will there be a premium option for the forums, to thus not see ads?

Sponsored

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
This is one of the slickest UI's I've seen on a forum. Just tested the drag/drop image attaching and what an improvement that is over Vbulletin. Is this function flash or HTML5 based?
Most likely Javascript or HTML 5. Flash is nearly dead for non business applications.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Where in the heck is the “quick jump” or shortcut box that used to be at bottom of page to jump into another sub forum on here???

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
A 2017 miraculous little beast
It really looks good. We just have to figure out everything now all over again ...which I like! It like a new toy!

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
By the way, it does show an ad in between a new post and the previous one. I had to reload the page to make the ad disappear

jrease

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 GT
Where in the heck is the “quick jump” or shortcut box that used to be at bottom of page to jump into another sub forum on here???
It's this compass symbol at the top and bottom of a page.

Screen Shot 2018-07-21 at 10.40.31 PM.jpg

By the way, it does show an ad in between a new post and the previous one. I had to reload the page to make the ad disappear
@Jarstang explained why we sometimes see ads in between posts -- only after making a new post using Quick Reply.

https://mustang6g.com/forums/thread...t-you-need-to-know.106887/page-7#post-2305222

Really loving the multi quote feature BTW.

Sponsored

RichBrew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2019 Velocity Blue EBPP
Vehicle Showcase
Is there a way to jump to the first unread post from the list like the little 'arrow in a box' in the old version? I have only been able to first click on a topic, then click 'go to first unread post' after getting into the topic.

RaceRed5.0

Threads
Reaction score
From Texas to Louisana to California back to Texas
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT 3.55, Modded 2006 Pontiac G6
Man I have to get used to everything again. It's a slick looking interface though.

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
Of the four icons at the top right, only the 'Search' icon provides a mouse-over description of what they are/what they do.

Icons by themselves aren't always obvious as to what they mean or what clicking on them will do, so can we get mouse-overs for the rest of them?

Norm

Last edited:

TorqueMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EcoBoost Premium
I just opened the "Most Popular Topics" email from the new software. All of the links go to the beta site, which won't accept my login credentials.

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
Maybe this has been answered before and I missed it, but is there going to be an m6g app for android?
Sponsored