Sponsored

ATTENTION ALL - MUSTANG6G SOFTWARE MIGRATION THIS WEEKEND!!! - WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW

OP
OP
Jarstang

Jarstang

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Is there a way to jump to the first unread post from the list like the little 'arrow in a box' in the old version? I have only been able to first click on a topic, then click 'go to first unread post' after getting into the topic.
Yes, click on the timestamp below the last post username. This actually brings you to the last post of the thread. To go to your first UNREAD post (which will be different for each user), you just click on the thread title in the thread list view.

1.png

Of the four icons at the top right, only the 'Search' icon provides a mouse-over description of what they are/what they do.

Icons by themselves aren't always obvious as to what they mean or what clicking on them will do, so can we get mouse-overs for the rest of them?

Norm
We'll put together an FAQ on the new icons and various UI changes. Should be posted tomorrow.

I just opened the "Most Popular Topics" email from the new software. All of the links go to the beta site, which won't accept my login credentials.
Please ignore the links in the last email. This will be fixed for the next Most Popular Topics email.

Maybe this has been answered before and I missed it, but is there going to be an m6g app for android?
Yes, we will have an iOS and Android app, but it will not be available until later this year.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Jarstang

Jarstang

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Here is how you get to the original post, first unread post, and last post of a thread - from the thread list view.

We will cover a few more items in the FAQ which should be posted tomorrow.

2.png

Last edited:

ststang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
viewsinfinitum.com
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB EBM AT PP
Will you be bringing back the Watch Thread option for Weekly Updates?

So far I have had no problems and was pleased to see my Watched threads made it through the conversion.

MaxHedrm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Convertible - Orange Fury
Vehicle Showcase
I only see the option to mark ALL forums as read, not a single one.
Yes, this. Marking all forums read isn't really what I want to do. I just want to mark the ones I follow, or that I actually read.

Of the four icons at the top right, only the 'Search' icon provides a mouse-over description of what they are/what they do.

Icons by themselves aren't always obvious as to what they mean or what clicking on them will do, so can we get mouse-overs for the rest of them?
This too. & an FAQ is near worthless since you have know to go look at it. Help and tips should be integrated wherever possible. Though I get that that is probably not something you have much control over.

awmustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EcoBoost Premium PP
I will admit that I haven't read through this whole thread so my apologies if this has already been addressed. I used to get one email per day with the new posts for the threads I'm following. Now I get a new email everytime a new post is posted. Is there a way to switch back to the single notification per day?

Sponsored

Dr. Norts

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red Mustang GT
Shit this new forum is well...shit. the old layout / notifications / everything was better. It takes some getting used to especially when the faq wasn't posted before the website was updated, and there are no helper popups. The half page Adds that take up half the are less than awesome

Also there should be an option to "uncheck all" in the alert options menu. There are far too many things in there to alert for than any normal human being would possibly ever need LOL..... To the poster a few posts up go in there and uncheck everything except alert to "replies to a watched thread".

Last edited:

Driversedge18

SPIRIT OF AMERICA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 ECOBOOST PREMIUM
Vehicle Showcase
This new forum layout wit its expanded features, is an improvement over the old one. Nice overall feel . Uploading is a major improvement.

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
One thing that is a clear improvement is that quoted material no longer ends up being about four words wide and two or more whole screens deep.

Norm

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Since the the switch. Im getting a million emails saying i subscribed to a thread. How do i shut off all this?

Sponsored

TripleB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Snack Pack- Whipple Stage 2
Awful on mobile devices. That top banner takes up damn near the whole screen on my iPhone 8 Plus

OP
OP
Jarstang

Jarstang

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Will you be bringing back the Watch Thread option for Weekly Updates?

So far I have had no problems and was pleased to see my Watched threads made it through the conversion.
I will admit that I haven't read through this whole thread so my apologies if this has already been addressed. I used to get one email per day with the new posts for the threads I'm following. Now I get a new email everytime a new post is posted. Is there a way to switch back to the single notification per day?
Unfortunately this is not a Xenforo standard option. We're looking into add-ons or custom coding for this, but no guarantees it can be done.

Will we get a garage feature added back ?
Yes, we have a GARAGE coming soon and it's a huge improvement over the one we used before.

Since the the switch. Im getting a million emails saying i subscribed to a thread. How do i shut off all this?
You can turn off PERSISTENT ALERTS by going to your ALERT PREFERENCES. When you disable this, it will only send you an email for new posts since the last time you viewed the thread. Here's how it works --

If you receive an email notification of a new post in a thread and you don't view the thread afterwards (either by clicking the thread on the forum or by clicking the link in the email notification), it will NOT send any further emails of new posts in that thread until you view the thread again.

I've just posted the FAQ which addresses this and other settings. It will continue to be updated:

FAQ: Mustang6G XENFORO Walkthrough

dgc333

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Awful on mobile devices. That top banner takes up damn near the whole screen on my iPhone 8 Plus
I have to agree with you. Also, everytime an add loads the whole screen jumps. This new layout is making me yearn for when this forum was available on Tapatalk.

My interest in this forum has been waning anyway, this change may be enough for me to stop following all together.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Unfortunately this is not a Xenforo standard option. We're looking into add-ons or custom coding for this, but no guarantees it can be done.

Yes, we have a GARAGE coming soon and it's a huge improvement over the one we used before.

You can turn off PERSISTENT ALERTS by going to your ALERT PREFERENCES. When you disable this, it will only send you an email for new posts since the last time you viewed the thread. Here's how it works --

If you receive an email notification of a new post in a thread and you don't view the thread afterwards (either by clicking the thread on the forum or by clicking the link in the email notification), it will NOT send any further emails of new posts in that thread until you view the thread again.

I've just posted the FAQ which addresses this and other settings. It will continue to be updated:

FAQ: Mustang6G XENFORO Walkthrough

Thanks brother.

michail71

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 401a A10
I haven't noticed any ad jumpiness yet. That should be made illegal by internet law! :)

I see two panels that are in line with the main content. If they are fixed height it should be ok.

Most are in the right hand pane which is nice.
Sponsored