Sponsored

ATTENTION ALL - MUSTANG6G SOFTWARE MIGRATION THIS WEEKEND!!! - WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW

OP
OP
Jarstang

Jarstang

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
How do I get just the desktop version to show up? I may have missed it but I did look.
There is no desktop version but the mobile version is basically a fully baked version of the desktop site, except fully responsive to mobile size. Give it a try, it's really very good.
Sponsored

Mr. Brutus

Mr. Brutus
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brutus
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP Ruby
I have a Lotus 123 file on a floppy disc and I can't figure out how to get it uploaded... :(, seriously, looks cool, it will take a while to re-acquaint...

flyinghunter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT Premium
I embrace the change! I wish the new M6G forum nothing but the best success for their new format. I like the design graphics.

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
I'm trying to imagine a useful reason for almost 1000 subscriptions. I'm sure there must be, but wow! Impressive! :)
It sort of comes with having over 4000 posts with automatic subscription upon replying.

Really, it's easier to just let them accumulate than try to set up some schedule for unsubscribing from them individually. Plus, you get a direct heads-up of renewed interest in the topic long after it's fallen off the first page on the list of topics.

Norm

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
Are we going to get the option to set the number of posts per page? I couldn't find it, and 15 seems to be too few for any busy topic..

Norm

Sponsored

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
So I wrote up a couple of replies in Word while the forum was unavailable for posting. When I pasted the content into the reply box and submit it, I get an extra blank line between paragraphs. Any idea why this might be happening?

Also, I'm seeing advertisements in the middle of topic pages. Is this supposed to be happening? When I've seen that elsewhere, it's because I'm not logged in. But clearly I am logged in, else I wouldn't be able to compose replies. I'm looking at an ad for GT350 Header Systems as I type this.

It is nice to see that the various 'CTRL + somekey' editing shortcuts and the 'ALT + numeric keypad symbols' apparently still work.

Norm

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
I like the new format! :cool:

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
Are we going to get the option to set the number of posts per page? I couldn't find it, and 15 seems to be too few for any busy topic..
Just looking at the posts URLs now, I don't believe that will work on the new platform. Clicking the permalink, it embeds the page # as part of it.

Silver Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Coupe PP2
May be a bug with pics and editing. I tried to post a pic and it was posted twice. I tried to edit and now it's posted three times. I'm afraid to try and edit again. Or, is the bug with the user?

Sponsored

MaxHedrm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Convertible - Orange Fury
Vehicle Showcase
It looks good so far. A few feedback items.

Overall, I like the new look & feel. It's pretty clean & easy to read. However, I agree with Nagare. This is clearly not designed for most laptop screens. I get as far as the Avatar of the first post without scrolling when looking at a thread.
I think my main design suggestions would be regarding the height of the header (#logoBlock, #logo it seems in particular). Not sure why you want it as 248px when 50px works great while highlighting the content.
Also, the notifications are pretty awful. I can't find how to get digest notifications. I've gotten 30+ emails between when the system came back and when I totally disabled email notifications. Well, I thought I did, but just noticed I'm still getting emails. Perhaps they were just slow to arrive...otherwise, this will get annoying fast.

Just noticed another thing, there seems to be no way to mark a forum as read. Or I'm missing it.

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
Just noticed another thing, there seems to be no way to mark a forum as read. Or I'm missing it.
Put your cursor on FORUMS in the header (left side), and you'll see a "Mark Forums Read" option. Just have to explore all over the place to find stuff now ... like going from Win7 to Win10.

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
May be a bug with pics and editing. I tried to post a pic and it was posted twice. I tried to edit and now it's posted three times. I'm afraid to try and edit again. Or, is the bug with the user?
There's at least one kind of clunky way to get rid of the two you don't want any more. See my reply in your PP2 pictures thread.

Norm

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
So I wrote up a couple of replies in Word while the forum was unavailable for posting. When I pasted the content into the reply box and submit it, I get an extra blank line between paragraphs. Any idea why this might be happening?

Also, I'm seeing advertisements in the middle of topic pages. Is this supposed to be happening? When I've seen that elsewhere, it's because I'm not logged in. But clearly I am logged in, else I wouldn't be able to compose replies. I'm looking at an ad for GT350 Header Systems as I type this.

It is nice to see that the various 'CTRL + somekey' editing shortcuts and the 'ALT + numeric keypad symbols' apparently still work.

Norm

The new format seems to add-intrusive. The advertisements should ONLY be in their own frame on the right side, etc. But not within the header or main picture frame at the top. It takes away from the quality of the site to have a banner add sitting overtop the header pic of the Mustangs.

And what is with the white background..? Can we get some contrast back into this site, plz. Or a mobile black background version..?

Last edited:

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
Were you guys complaining about the white using the dark theme before or something? It is the same sort of brightness as it was before really.

I only see the option to mark ALL forums as read, not a single one.

Also missing a way to tell which subforums have new posts (especially useful on the classifieds area).
Sponsored