HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Ok, back up your argument that this figure is inflated and that the statisticians has an agenda..
https://www.acs.org/content/acs/en/...cenarratives/its-water-vapor-not-the-co2.html
Your comment imply that water vapor is harmless.....
Exactly the opposite. Water is a MUCH bigger contributor to greenhouse gas effects. And gasoline powered engines produce as much water as they do CO2. It's curious how the climate experts don't mention that part even in passing.

I have no motivation to educate or influence you or anyone else.

I'll let you figure out why the climate messiahs never seem concerned about water despite it being a much bigger issue that CO2. Hint: They care much more about cancelling technology and being overlords of that process than greenhouse gasses or climate. Of course there are legions of followers and participants who do drink the cool-aid.
Sponsored

luc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT with PP
Exactly the opposite. Water is a MUCH bigger contributor to greenhouse gas effects. And gasoline powered engines produce as much water as they do CO2. It's curious how the climate experts don't mention that part even in passing.

I'll let you figure out why the climate messiahs never seem concerned about water despite it being a much bigger issue that CO2. Hint: They care much more about cancelling technology and being overlords of that process than greenhouse gasses or climate. Of course there are legions of followers and participants who do drink the cool-aid.
We have become a very polarized country with each side believing that the other side is wrong, climate, mask, 1/2 the population believing that the election was stolen, and the list go on
Your comment about basically scientists/statisticians manipulating the “truth” to fit their “agenda”, is a reflection of this situation.....
......and it’s always the other side drinking the cool-aid...

Last edited:

DaveR.PP2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
20 Mustang GT PP2 ; 67 Shelby GT350; 67 Mustang S Code Coupe; 88 Mustang LX 5.0 Coupe
All it took was one member of the forum to make an announcement or comment (if true, haven't verified by calling Beefcake as yet myself) about Stainless headers and look at the miles of shit, skeptics, intellectuals, philosophers, politicians, cynics, and yes, even a few realists and the opposing "alternate reality" points of views and opinions this one subject has created.

drive_55_not

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Coyote, S197 3v, 2018 Gen3 [RIP], 2020 Challenger 'Cat

The 'climate messiahs' in your example do realize water vapor is a greenhouse gas ...

More man-made CO2 may cause an artificial temperature rise, which in turn means more water vapor via evaporation.

Me, I'm more of a realist about going EV,, Oil is a finite resource, No matter how optimistic people are about how much recoverable oil Planet Earth has left, it's eventually going to run out.

While it wont runout in my lifetime it's crazy to keep burning 70-miilion barrels of oil every day just to get from point A to point B.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
All it took was one member of the forum to make an announcement or comment (if true, haven't verified by calling Beefcake as yet myself) about Stainless headers and look at the miles of shit, skeptics, intellectuals, philosophers, politicians, cynics, and yes, even a few realists and the opposing "alternate reality" points of views and opinions this one subject has created.
well, that's why you're here isn't it?

Sponsored

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
Of course the current gas price is political. You think shutting down the pipelines has no consequence?

What I will hate is when my electric bill triples due to the coming EV invasion.

Mach VII

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 401A, 1989 Lincoln Mk VII LSC
Of course the current gas price is political. You think shutting down the pipelines has no consequence?

What I will hate is when my electric bill triples due to the coming EV invasion.
Dude, construction was halted on a pipeline. It has zero consequence as it was delivering nothing and even if completed was transporting crappy shale oil from Canada straight thru to the Gulf of Mexico, pumped into a tanker, and sent on its merry way to some other country. US refineries won't touch the stuff! Price of gas now is same as it was last year right before the pandemic hit.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
Cause and effect. Oil is a commodity and is traded in futures.

I was paying 2.35 a gallon for 93, now it is 3.65. What changed?

Mach VII

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 401A, 1989 Lincoln Mk VII LSC

Your being robbed it would appear. I am in a rural area in New England with high taxes and paid 2.99 on Sunday, was 30 cents cheaper a month ago..

Gas prices are rising because of backlash from the pandemic. Remember last year when oil companies had to pay to find places to store oil because demand dropped dramatically because of lockdown across the world? Well, demand is back and production has been cut back mostly by the Saudis to cause prices to rise. Another reason for low prices in the recent past was the Russians and Saudis flooded the market with cheap oil in an attempt to cause US fracking operations to go bankrupt because of the higher cost in producing that type of oil.

Sponsored

drive_55_not

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Coyote, S197 3v, 2018 Gen3 [RIP], 2020 Challenger 'Cat

Sunday I paid 3,29 for 93 octane , same station this morning it's 3,09, nothing has fundamentally changed in the last 2-daze.

The oil markets are rigged,, been this way for years...

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
Nothing will stop me from believing that had the administration not changed I'd still be paying 2.50 ish a gallon for 93.

It's only going to get worse since this administration has stated it wants to make oil go away. The easiest way to get rid of a thing it to cause it to be so expensive that only the very top 2% can afford it.

My brother in law is a pipe fitter, he voted like the union wanted. He is now out of work and is about to lose his house. Yea, I rib him.

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red

Exactly...

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
Excuse me!!!! There isn’t an infinite supply of oil so the question is not if oil will run out but rather when

Oil is made from decaying plant matter. Plant matter still decays, so I contend oil is still being made. Will we at some point use it faster than it is being made? Sure but we are not there yet.
Sponsored