RagmopInKona

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang HHP
Or a smaller NA V8 around 3.5 liters making 350 HP. More Ford pushrod 302 sized or even slightly smaller but with DOHC. That would be sweet.
make it a 2.5ltr v8. that can be destroked to 2 ltr for export. reverse the ports so the exhaust ports at at the valley, to fit a turbo or two, intake ports where exhaust is now. and boom, 600 hp 9000 rpm+ buzz'n v8.
Sponsored

2016S550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shopping
With Dodge and Chevy both killing their NA V8 engines Ford has a great opportunity with the S650 for the next 6-7 years. I planned to buy a S650 next year but the supply issues and styling swayed me to an available 2022 Model on the lot equipped just as I would build it and reduced by over 6k from sticker price with a great Ford Financing promo rate. No way I was gonna get a first year S650 near the price I paid similarly equipped and car loan rates are still climbing. Anyway Ford has a chance to shine being the only game in town. Maybe the styling will grow on me and I’ll be in the market for a Special Model like the Dark Horse or similar in a few years if the economy and supply balances out.

jmagnus87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Magnus
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Comp Orange '22 Chevy Silverado
Or a smaller NA V8 around 3.5 liters making 350 HP. More Ford pushrod 302 sized or even slightly smaller but with DOHC. That would be sweet.
lol now if only Ford made a small AWD turbo powered car with racing bucket seats and a standard transmission lol oh wait, the Focus RS is exactly that and dollar for dollar is a smarter choice than a Mustang, but folks like me prefer the big boat 🤷‍♂️

RagmopInKona

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang HHP
lol now if only Ford made a small AWD turbo powered car with racing bucket seats and a standard transmission lol oh wait, the Focus RS is exactly that and dollar for dollar is a smarter choice than a Mustang, but folks like me prefer the big boat 🤷‍♂️
What hocus pocus it's a focus came with a small cid v8.
The Focus problems was the price tag, the dealers mark up and dealers not letting buyers test drive the cars. Who is going to buy a 40k+ hot hatch and not test drive it.
This b/s is what killed the high strung Focus in the states.

jmagnus87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Magnus
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Comp Orange '22 Chevy Silverado
The Focus problems was the price tag, the dealers mark up and dealers not letting buyers test drive the cars. Who is going to buy a 40k+ hot hatch and not test drive it.
None of them came with a v8 but you get right around that 350hp mark last i checked with the RS?
Nobody can help that pretty much all dealers suck and won't let you even try out something completely new to you. Even if they kept just ONE for demo purposes. I've done that with my own business and most of them time I ended up ordering the one they wanted after they got to try it.
all in all the focus RS is a much better car to have all around but it just doesn't even come close to the mustang in feel

Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I think it would be great if Ford would make the FiST and FoRS/FoST. Personally I prefer rear wheel drive by far over front wheel or four wheel drive. I did own a Fiesta and a FiST and liked them ok, but I probably wouldn't buy another. And the ergonomics of those cars were not that great.

I also don't like boost. I would much prefer a naturally aspirated engine with my RWD coupe.

Like all the "special" Fords - they didn't make enough cars. So then the dealers want to charge too much for them. That is one of the worst things about Ford. They come up with a great idea for a car and then refuse to sell them.

20ducks

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg G.
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium Convertible Rapid Red
More imprtantly, the housing market has collapsed.

To a worse degree than in 2007-2008.

That's really heavy news, not that the main-stream media is covering the story, and one that will further effect the vehicle market.

Bad times ahead folks. The economy is going to take a gigantic dump.
When will this "gigantic dump" take place?

RagmopInKona

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang HHP
I think it would be great if Ford would make the FiST and FoRS/FoST. Personally I prefer rear wheel drive by far over front wheel or four wheel drive. I did own a Fiesta and a FiST and liked them ok, but I probably wouldn't buy another. And the ergonomics of those cars were not that great.

I also don't like boost. I would much prefer a naturally aspirated engine with my RWD coupe.

Like all the "special" Fords - they didn't make enough cars. So then the dealers want to charge too much for them. That is one of the worst things about Ford. They come up with a great idea for a car and then refuse to sell them.
Ya, dealers adding to the cost is one thing, but not letting those that are looking to buy them not drive them, is/was a huge problem.
Ford seems to be doing everything it can to piss off buyers of most models other than the f-150's.
Fun hot hatch, high demand could have sold boats loads of them, Ford shoots itself in the foot, Mustangs, dragging out getting cars to buyers, Bronco's, same thing. Everything suffers at ford so they can keep that lame tag line "best selling truck in America" "best selling vehicle in america" NO ONE CARES. But the CEO is hell bent on that being job #1. Want an escape, bronco sport, bronco,mustang, maverick,ranger duck you, but look at all these f-150's we built but can't ship because of missing parts, or the ones on the lots that sticker at 65k and up.
How this ceo still has a job, is beyond me.

OP
OP
young at heart

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 GT vert A10 / 23 Mach 1 A10 / 23 Mach 1 Tremec
Ya, dealers adding to the cost is one thing, but not letting those that are looking to buy them not drive them, is/was a huge problem.
Ford seems to be doing everything it can to piss off buyers of most models other than the f-150's.
Fun hot hatch, high demand could have sold boats loads of them, Ford shoots itself in the foot, Mustangs, dragging out getting cars to buyers, Bronco's, same thing. Everything suffers at ford so they can keep that lame tag line "best selling truck in America" "best selling vehicle in america" NO ONE CARES. But the CEO is hell bent on that being job #1. Want an escape, bronco sport, bronco,mustang, maverick,ranger duck you, but look at all these f-150's we built but can't ship because of missing parts, or the ones on the lots that sticker at 65k and up.
How this ceo still has a job, is beyond me.
I might be able to help you understand how “this CEO”still has a job. He’s satisfying stockholders, simple as that. And he’ll be there until he doesn’t. That’s how business works. Whether you like him personally isn’t the yardstick.

I didn’t realize dealers “not letting“ potential customers drive vehicles they’re interested in was even a thing. I suspect there’s a lot more to it than that. But understand there’s no constitutionally protected right for anyone to be able to go joyriding a dealer’s car. We have this thing here where I live called the free market. Don’t like a particular dealer’s policies? No problem; go somewhere else and shop a dealer whose policies you like better.

This stuff really ain’t rocket surgery. The marketplace takes care of everything and rights all wrongs. Geez.

RagmopInKona

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang HHP
I might be able to help you understand how “this CEO”still has a job. He’s satisfying stockholders, simple as that. And he’ll be there until he doesn’t. That’s how business works. Whether you like him personally isn’t the yardstick.

I didn’t realize dealers “not letting“ potential customers drive vehicles they’re interested in was even a thing. I suspect there’s a lot more to it than that. But understand there’s no constitutionally protected right for anyone to be able to go joyriding a dealer’s car. We have this thing here where I live called the free market. Don’t like a particular dealer’s policies? No problem; go somewhere else and shop a dealer whose policies you like better.

This stuff really ain’t rocket surgery. The marketplace takes care of everything and rights all wrongs. Geez.
That is great, but when that dealer is the only one with the car. And most with them did the same thing. Sure you don't have to let people test drive a car, and buyers can walk because of it. and did.

OP
OP
young at heart

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 GT vert A10 / 23 Mach 1 A10 / 23 Mach 1 Tremec
That is great, but when that dealer is the only one with the car. And most with them did the same thing. Sure you don't have to let people test drive a car, and buyers can walk because of it. and did.
I have no idea what particular car you’re talking about (and honestly you still seem kinda pissed about it) but it really doesn’t matter, does it? Sounds like the market worked perfectly! You say buyers walked, so presumably the car went away because nobody could test drive it, and I’d assume the offending dealers suffered because of their bad behavior. All’s right with the universe, just as it should be.
Sponsored