Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
Rears always wear faaster, hammering loud pedal, digging.
Sponsored

MrXXX0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Evan
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
Yep totally done. You should send the wheels and tires too me and I'll take care of them for you. 😁 jokes aside like many have said already you got another track session or 2 out of them for sure.

95CobraR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doc
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 K1868
Vehicle Showcase
Track events are brutal to the car and the tires.

I mostly bought new tires every 4-day race weekend. It was 4 days of track balls on fire with a long enduro. I had 10 wheels so I could practice with an old set and then qualify with a new set.

Sebring07a.jpg

It's me being very nervous while getting my radio test to the pit.

It was no disco or fooling around. It was a race with 60 fast cars.

Line up and race for 3 hours:
Peace.jpg

Reactions: Seb
OP
OP

Shelby Nick

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
None
Thanks again for your input! I usually hit Willow Springs with the Cobra club at the end of this month for the weekend but unfortunately couldn’t make it. I will track with them, one day only, in May. Hopefully 4 to 5 sessions. And I will check the tires after every one.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks again for your input! I usually hit Willow Springs with the Cobra club at the end of this month for the weekend but unfortunately couldn’t make it. I will track with them, one day only, in May. Hopefully 4 to 5 sessions. And I will check the tires after every one.
Wait you're going to use these tires again in MAY??? Buy new tires!

Sponsored

pilotgore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch
Wait you're going to use these tires again in MAY??? Buy new tires!
Just curious how much experience you have with cup 2’s? I ask because I had a ford dealer tell me I needed brand new tires when I brought it in for a recall item at 500 miles. The tires were essentially brand new at that point, they just weren’t accustomed to looking at cup 2’s.

Perspective is everything.

pilotgore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch
For reference, here are a few of the tires I’ve taken off after track days.

The ones that look good are rears and were removed because they had been heat cycled out.

I’m not recommending anyone else take them this far, but my point is that they can be taken this far, and his tires are far from it in my opinion.

0F6A0689-C6B5-408B-9013-033E8B931CD7.jpeg

F2BFEABD-0B2D-4F6E-842E-D41D347BEC18.jpeg

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Just curious how much experience you have with cup 2’s? I ask because I had a ford dealer tell me I needed brand new tires when I brought it in for a recall item at 500 miles. The tires were essentially brand new at that point, they just weren’t accustomed to looking at cup 2’s.

Perspective is everything.
the point was though still serviceable, trying to eek out another day at the close of this season is understandable. To warehouse the tires for 6 months and THEN to put them on for the FIRST event of the season is just plain dumb. He's already got a bunch of heat-cycles on them.

Next year he just needs to drive faster and wear out his tires in more convincing manner and shorter time period. :)

pilotgore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch
the point was though still serviceable, trying to eek out another day at the close of this season is understandable. To warehouse the tires for 6 months and THEN to put them on for the FIRST event of the season is just plain dumb. He's already got a bunch of heat-cycles on them.

Next year he just needs to drive faster and wear out his tires in more convincing manner and shorter time period. :)
You’re certainly entitled to your opinion, but there’s still a good amount of meat on those tires…. At LEAST another days worth, probably more. Last I checked, cup 2’s are expensive as hell!

I’ve been through 8 sets of cup 2’s in the last 16 months, and my only recommendation would be to drop the psi to 35 hot to try and shift some of the wear to the outer shoulder. Just my opinion…

Sponsored

pilotgore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch
sure, but a crash is an easy 10x

And that's why we buy Supercar 3's at 30% off in the month of October.
I hear the safest and cheapest way to race is to hit up your local Dave and Busters on a Wednesday night. . . It’s half price night!!!

svttim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
A little light on front camber. At the Bash, I had -2.5 in front and I need more, I will start at -3.0 next time. Had good wear but still more on the outside of the tires. For reference I started at 28 PSI and ended in the low 40's for hot pressures. Either way those have life even if they are not as fast. If you were Racing, yea, sell to a track rat but since your not......

svttim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
Billy, curious why you say they are done?