Stangfan333

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
peter
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT manual
Hi Members,
I'd appreciate any feedback from members who have replaced their standard Michelin 4s's with Continental Sport 6's regarding grip, steering responsiveness & feel, ride comfort & noise on coarse chip bitumen.
Thank you very much for your responses.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Stangfan333

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
peter
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT manual
I was about to chastise you for using summer tires in winter, then I looked up where you are. Carry on. To answer your question, simply no. The MPS4S is widely regarded as the best summer street tire you can buy. I have them on both vehicles (in summer), and they perform amazingly well in the wet & dry. I don't notice any tire noise, regardless of road surface. To put it in perspective, Long Island roads after a long winter are...rough.
Thank you for your appreciated reply

MRGTX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6spd base
So thereā€™s nowhere to go but down when replacing stock PP1 tires? Thatā€™s a sad thought.

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
I only have a thousand miles on my ws6's but I had no qualms. but I am EcoBoost.

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
You could go up to Michelin Sport Cup2 :) Just don't expect anywhere near the mileage and wet weather grip of the 4s.

So thereā€™s nowhere to go but down when replacing stock PP1 tires? Thatā€™s a sad thought.

Sponsored

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Its not sad, its pretty awesome these cars get the tire they deserve right from the factory. So many cars ship with crappy tires.

Its nowhere to go but down if you stick to tires with healthy street manners, decent treadwear ratings, and good hydroplane resistance.

there are a handful of ā€œextremeā€ summer tires (Supercar 3R, Falken 660, RE71R) with ~200TW and some ā€˜Rā€™ track tires like the Sport Cup 2 with <100 TW which can outperform the MP4S on a track or on a dry/warm day in the canyons.

MRGTX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6spd base
I guess Iā€™m reflecting back on my 2011 Brembo car. It came with summer only Pirellis that seemed really great until I found a proper (for the time) tire in the RE-11s that absolutely blew them away.

Yeah, of course we want the best possible tire from the factory but itā€™s pretty awesome when thereā€™s performance left on the table to be found later.

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
I guess Iā€™m reflecting back on my 2011 Brembo car. It came with summer only Pirellis that seemed really great until I found a proper (for the time) tire in the RE-11s that absolutely blew them away.

Yeah, of course we want the best possible tire from the factory but itā€™s pretty awesome when thereā€™s performance left on the table to be found later.
You want to find some performance, there are tires our there that will do that. These went from pic 1 to pic 2 in less than 2 hours of driving.

IMG_3910.jpg

IMG_3911.jpg

Dana Pants

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dana
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1
You want to find some performance, there are tires our there that will do that. These went from pic 1 to pic 2 in less than 2 hours of driving.

IMG_3910.jpg

IMG_3911.jpg
to be fair, with that type of driving the PS4S would be dead too.
Sponsored