Anyone's Steeda Jacking Rails rusting ?

ANGST

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
18 Cayman GTS, 15 Explorer Sport , 09 Honda Fit
I guess my rails are about 2.5 years old now. Car was outside 24x7 , but in the past year I moved to a house with a garage.
IMG_5240.jpg
Sponsored

hlh1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10
Wow! I've had mine for 2 years and 10k miles and they are like new, but it is garaged.

BlueThunder

***ding Rookie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Silver Mustang PP1 Manual (former 2015 GT Auto)
Yeah, mine have started to rust at the edges. Had them on 2 separate cars that live outside and are daily drivers in NY, so lots of salt and other shit on the roads. They're still solid as can be, but if you're worried about them, take 'em off, sand them down and rub some Ospho to prep them and them repaint them with a good epoxy paint.

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Hello & thank you for posting your concerns & feedback. Powder coating is a great tool & is a good way to prevent rust and damage due to the exposure of the elements. Unfortunately, it is not indestructible & since the jacking rails are prone to rocks hitting them & taking the abuse of other things (scraping) - you can see some surface rust over time - especially in areas with a lot of winter conditions & salt.

Rest assured, the jacking rails are still in proper working order & should be cleaned & touched up as necessary.

I will reach out to you in a private message regarding your concerns.

TJ

Monopoly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2012 Civic Si
Thats just surface rust it happens.

Reactions: Ebm

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT
Thats just surface rust it happens.
+1

I've used my jacking rails with a floor jack and when metal comes in to contact with metal, it scrapes(the paint off) or scratches bare metal). Completely normal. Like Monopoly said, it's just surface rust, no biggie.

If you want to keep 'em clean, you'll probably have to sand down the rusty part once a year and hit 'em with some black Rustoleum or something similar. Oh yeah, speed bumps at the right angle can scrape the rails as well.
Sponsored