Sponsored

Anyone's S550 static charged?

HavasuCat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Base, Competition Orange
For 9 years my 2007 Mustang with leather seats would zap me daily, now my 2015 with cloth seats does the same thing.
You just kinda know it's coming every time you exit the car, just be prepared!

Thought maybe it's just me being charged up,,, but probably not,, LOL
Sponsored

Drugdealr

LOLKBYE
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sal
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang GT
I picked up one and it's starting to turn black with dirt after 2-3 uses. Afraid to use it anymore than that. Used it within days of a car wash each time. Luckily we are finally getting rain so there won't be much dirt on the roads for another week or three.
Word on the street is the dirtier it gets the better it works.

robwlf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
rob
Vehicle(s)
17 lightning blue pp LFP 670
i have cloth seats , i dont get zapped..guess my dryer sheets are working no static cling :).. in my 25 of driving cars and work trucks i dont think i ever had that happen to me ,maybe once and a blue moon but never a everyday day thing

tritus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Challenger Hellcat
This was driving me crazy for the last couple of months... I almost got mad and kicked the door once... I try to push the door in only touching the rubber trim but it always gets me... (I have leather seats btw)

OP
OP

Bartly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Are you messing with me? I thought that was th KN&N air filter.

i have cloth seats , i dont get zapped..guess my dryer sheets are working no static cling :).. in my 25 of driving cars and work trucks i dont think i ever had that happen to me ,maybe once and a blue moon but never a everyday day thing
My wife washes everything with dryer sheets, was reminded of that when I found one in my bag of microfiber car towels. Like I said no shock in my jeep or truck and both of those have cloth seats.

Well guess I'm beating a dead horse, I'll get some spray and if that doesn't do it, some seat covers. Place in town will make some leather ones for about $450.

Sponsored

mrblanche

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6
Seats are a factor...but, according to experts, the single biggest factor is your tires. Yes, they're rubber, but they also contain carbon black, which is a conductor. It seems that the carbon black has been getting reduces for various reasons, mainly to reduce rolling resistance and improve mileage. If your car can't dissipate the static charge that builds up in normal usage, it will discharge it to the ground through you when you exit. A static strap is not a bad idea; get one that is mostly rubber, mount it underneath where it won't be so visible, and you may solve your problem for a while.

This actually IS a concern around gas stations, by the way.

AR306

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shadow Black Ecoboost Base Auto w/ 19's
I thought I was crazy at first.. but yeah, I've actually been shocked a few times opening/closing the door.. it's odd tho, it's something that only started happening recently. I'm not doing anything different, at least I don't think so.. I will say however I haven't vacuumed the interior in a while, I used to do it every weekend.

It's getting a bit dusty in there..

Stanglife0419

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Never noticed it when getting out of the car, but I shock the shit out of everything when I'm in it (apartment gate code boxes, ATMs, drive-thru employees, etc).

DanDglassman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Deep Impact Blue
The California duster will turn brownish with use. I washed mine for the first time in 8 years this weekend. Much silt came out, but took mechanical agitation and woolite to extract.

As long as you drag the duster across the surface and don't apply downward pressure, it's all good. Shake out like a mop when done.

Murr607

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Murray
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT PP
Static

Ok I am not crazy. Car has been zapping me once a day.
Sometimes hard enough it makes you pretty mad.
I didn't think my recaro's would generate that much static.
Dryer sheets taped to my shoes it is...:thumbsup:
Sponsored