Sponsored

Anyone with Cutouts/Diverters on their 5.0?

1320_S550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Did a search and saw a couple of setups and I'm curious to see whether some other people have interesting setups? I have Corsa Longtubes paired to the Extreme Catback and I may be looking to throw the stock mufflers on and fab something up for more control over volume; seems like space is kinda tight so it would be cool to see what people have done.
Sponsored

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
Did a search and saw a couple of setups and I'm curious to see whether some other people have interesting setups? I have Corsa Longtubes paired to the Extreme Catback and I may be looking to throw the stock mufflers on and fab something up for more control over volume; seems like space is kinda tight so it would be cool to see what people have done.
Not exactly what you have but ARH catted LTH into Extremes. Added Vibrant 1794s right after the mufflers in the small straight part before the X. Toned down alot. Does not give you the variable exhaust control obviously but is worth a look.

OP
OP

1320_S550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Not exactly what you have but ARH catted LTH into Extremes. Added Vibrant 1794s right after the mufflers in the small straight part before the X. Toned down alot. Does not give you the variable exhaust control obviously but is worth a look.
I've done that on a previous catless vehicles (although Dynomax bullets) and it did help but at this point i'm looking more for the "Mild to Wild" setup vs. the "slightly tamer" setup.

armykyle1 [HACKED ACCOUNT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP premium
Catless long tubes, 3" back to cheap Chinese cutouts, then into magnaflow mufflers. The cutouts were manly for backfires and when I was using 2 step. Or when I wanted to be absolutely abnoxious
20180128_164605.jpg

I also ended getting different cut out pipes than the kit came with. I think they were pypes brand. After paying for everything and getting it welded up, I was only 175 in the hole

OP
OP

1320_S550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Catless long tubes, 3" back to cheap Chinese cutouts, then into magnaflow mufflers. The cutouts were manly for backfires and when I was using 2 step. Or when I wanted to be absolutely abnoxious
20180128_164605.jpg

I also ended getting different cut out pipes than the kit came with. I think they were pypes brand. After paying for everything and getting it welded up, I was only 175 in the hole
Exactly what I was envisioning a setup may look like on the s550. I bet it sounds crazy, do you have any sound clips of them open?

Sponsored

Genxer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT / Perf pack / DIB
Vehicle Showcase
I've been considering doing this. Looks like a cut & clamp type install? I would have to do something switchable like cutouts because my wife said it's loud enough now (it isn't loud). I still have the resonator so I'm not sure how much it would add.