Sponsored

Kooks 1 7/8 Catted Headers, Varex X-Force Axleback

Concretebeatz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang 5.0 Black
I installed Kooks headers and Varex axleback because I wanted the best of both worlds. Loud and quiet when I want it. Don't know of to many Mustangs with this setup but it's definitely different. Loud as hell with the valves open and stockish when closed. Installing the headers was a 12hr experience I rather not do again, but well worth it. Using the included bolts was much easier, I tried the stock studs but on jack stands it sucked. Sound clip on my IG page, dcs550
Sponsored

RangersGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
I installed Kooks headers and Varex axleback because I wanted the best of both worlds. Loud and quiet when I want it. Don't know of to many Mustangs with this setup but it's definitely different. Loud as hell with the valves open and stockish when closed. Installing the headers was a 12hr experience I rather not do again, but well worth it. Using the included bolts was much easier, I tried the stock studs but on jack stands it sucked. Sound clip on my IG page, dcs550
How have you like the Varex axle back? I installed headers and have an MBRP cat back and it’s obnoxious. I am looking to tone it down.

RangersGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT

RangersGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Hmmm that shouldn't be that loud. Maybe weld some Vibrant resonators on the midpipe.
Not that it’s too loud as much as it’s obnoxious sounding. I have an H-pipe but it’s very raspy and tinny sounding. I looked at the Vibrants. I also lost, what feels like, some low end power. I know I will lose some but this feels weak. I have an auto and it seems like it shifts to quick and you have to get in it good to get the power.
Sponsored