Sponsored

Anyone use Klotz Octane Booster?

Ggradtech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I've run Torco and it's good stuff. Anyone have experience running the Klotz? It's seems like it might be similar to the Torco stuff. About 1oz per gallon raises octane 2-3 points I think. I mean it will make 91 octane 93-94.
Sponsored

jrsimon27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2016 PP
I've run Torco and it's good stuff. Anyone have experience running the Klotz? It's seems like it might be similar to the Torco stuff. About 1oz per gallon raises octane 2-3 points I think. I mean it will make 91 octane 93-94.
You need 10points to increase 1 full number

OP
OP
Ggradtech

Ggradtech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
It raises the Octane from base 91 to 93-94 with 1oz/gallon of gasoline. I think Torco is similar?

RubyRedBoost

Traded EB old name New GT
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT with PP
You need 10points to increase 1 full number
He's 100 percent correct. There's a reason Torco and Octanium have great results. While expensive they do turn pump into a race gas alternative. Most other octane boosters are snake oil.

RubyRedBoost

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT with PP
Just read up on it so max of 10 points or one octane. So your 91 will at max be 92. Octanium is 19.98 a quart and will give a max of 80 points or 8 octane per ten gallons. So no it is nothing close to Torco or Octanium. Waste of money

Sponsored

OP
OP
Ggradtech

Ggradtech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Hmmmm. This is a quote from their website. It does say 10 point increase, but then it states this under their description/technical data.

"Compatibility: All gasoline, synthetic lubricants and petroleum oils. Will blend lubricants and oils with gasoline in extreme temperatures.
Octane Booster: 1oz Octane Booster per gallon of gasoline will raise the octane by 2 1/2 numbers. For best performance match the octane to the engines compression ratio. Use octane index A.K.I. and R+M/2. Octane Booster is effective in inverse ratios to the octane level of the base gasoline. All gasoline varies in sensitivity and quality."

RubyRedBoost

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT with PP
10 points is one octane don't really care what gimmicks they sold you on. If you've made up your mind buy it. Don't ask for opinions if you really only want ones that fall in line with your decision. Ultimately it's your cash to waste not ours. I was merely stating there are way better products in the same price range.

Sasuketr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GTPP
My buddy did and he liked it. He was datalogging and his pinging went away on top of 93 octane. I only used Lucas and it works for me!

OP
OP
Ggradtech

Ggradtech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
10 points is one octane don't really care what gimmicks they sold you on. If you've made up your mind buy it. Don't ask for opinions if you really only want ones that fall in line with your decision. Ultimately it's your cash to waste not ours. I was merely stating there are way better products in the same price range.
Haha. Seems a lot of you guys are just dicks. I was just asking if anyone has used it and what they thought. Not asking for you to go out and waste your money. Gimme a break already.

Kong76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GT
I ran a full bottle of torco (32 oz) to a full tank of 91 and didn't notice a damn thing.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Ggradtech

Ggradtech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I ran a full bottle of torco (32 oz) to a full tank of 91 and didn't notice a damn thing.
And that stuff is "advertised" as raising octane quite a lot with 32oz. Something like up to 102 octane from 91 or something along those lines.

RubyRedBoost

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT with PP
Haha. Seems a lot of you guys are just dicks. I was just asking if anyone has used it and what they thought. Not asking for you to go out and waste your money. Gimme a break already.
If suggesting using a product that works makes me a dick I'm sorry. You used Torco and liked it. I preferred Octanium but both are great products with proven results both N/A and Boosted "if" tuned for them. Spending half as much for an inferior product while expecting/hoping for similar gains is silly. Again not being a dick but these products add up to 80 points vs the advertised 10 at best. Spend the cash on the proven product was all I was saying. Try not and get so offended by facts there are tons of threads proving my point. You started one to support your decision.

RubyRedBoost

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT with PP
My buddy did and he liked it. He was datalogging and his pinging went away on top of 93 octane. I only used Lucas and it works for me!
Products such if these are great to add a little threshold and prevent timing from being pulled. Torco and Octanium raise the ceiling letting the pcm add timing therefore making more power. Sometimes in excess of 4-6 degrees in boosted applications which is a lot in terms of added power, especially under the curve.