Sponsored

Anyone road racing with a Procharger or other blowers?

lucasmelobr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium Auto
Thinking about it but curious about real world data on engine temperatures.
Sponsored

Plimmer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Thinking about it but curious about real world data on engine temperatures.
Turbo here at 7psi on track. You will need to do something to improve cooling and then temps will still go up to the 240’s or higher if you don’t back off. Stock cooling will probably get into 250’s after 10 to 15 minutes of running.

pmillerusa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
First real track day on my 2016 Whippled GT. I recently added a Mishimoto radiator and Reische 170 Thermostat.... I have the upgraded intercooler and dual fans from Whipple on the stage 2 kit, approx 680rwhp @ 9psi.

Never saw CHT's above 215... air temp was in the 70's, very high speed track, car was being pushed 80% or so (still needs driver mod...)

~ Paul

Wolvee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
What kind of tracks are you guys racing on? I think that makes a big difference as well. I'll be spending the next year on the roller coaster of deciding what blower to go with and weighing how much racing I'll actually be doing. ..A huge problem for me is I'm going stupid with Hp and starting at 800rw which is ridiculous for a car that spends any time in the corners. I'm building a Drivers car and only hit the tracks once a month for fun.

For big tracks it "seems" like a Centri would stay cooler longer. ..but there have been plenty of Terminators and Z06's/1Le's holding their own on tracks. Too bad we can't all afford to just switch at will, lol.

Grintch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
If your buying a kit. I would expect it is designed for street and strip. And that the intercooler (if any) is far to small for prolonged use and that the stock radiator and oil coolers are far too small for double the power.

Oh and you know that diff overheating issue? Double the power means a moderate issue is now a big issue.

jabrax

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2015 ruby red PP GT
I run Procharger on road course. Stage 2 setup.... As a beginner and intermediate driver, overheating wasnt an issue. Now having more experience after a couple of years and much better tires, overheating is an issue. It usually presents itself a by the 15 minute mark. So learning to take cool down laps is must. Ive done two track days and NJMP lighting and got coolant overtemp warning both days. Can actually see where a little seeps up from the coolant tank.

Issue - my guess is the biggest issue is the procharger stage 2 comes with a huge intercooler and works great or inlet temps, however it blocks airflow to the radiator with stock grill setup (2015 PP).

Not tracking the car again until making the first 2 cooling mods.
1. New extractor hood, or cut current hood for heat extractors
2. Open the grills after changing the hood (worried it will upset balance of the car if added air has no place to escape.)
3. Investigating oil coolers
4. Investigating ways to direct air to the radiator.
Sponsored