2021 Mustang GT Premium

Shearboy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium
Restarted the laptop, car is on,, dongle lights up, flipped the ms/hs switch, tried downloading drivers. Nothing worked. I'll return the one I have and try the one you suggested.

Mhanna5

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
Vehicle Showcase
Restarted the laptop, car is on,, dongle lights up, flipped the ms/hs switch, tried downloading drivers. Nothing worked. I'll return the one I have and try the one you suggested.

I had the same issue. I downloaded these drivers from this site and it worked for me.

http://www.totalcardiagnostics.com/...elm327-usb-cable-on-windows-and-obd2-software

I may have deleted the device from device manager first, then unplugged the ELM, downloaded and installed the drivers, then plugged it back in. And then it worked for me.

Shearboy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium
I had the same issue. I downloaded these drivers from this site and it worked for me.

http://www.totalcardiagnostics.com/...elm327-usb-cable-on-windows-and-obd2-software

I may have deleted the device from device manager first, then unplugged the ELM, downloaded and installed the drivers, then plugged it back in. And then it worked for me.
So not being all that familiar or comfortable with deleting things from my laptop. Exactly what am I looking for to delete?

Sponsored

jimmerheck

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Cal Special
I know those dongles are sketchy, but I have the same one as you and luckily it worked for me. I had tried a different brand first which was a POS. I bet you're right, may be your dongle. Hang in there!

Mhanna5

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
Vehicle Showcase
So not being all that familiar or comfortable with deleting things from my laptop. Exactly what am I looking for to delete?

You may not need to, but here is a brief overview. I'm assuming you're on Win 10, so right click on the start menu, and select Device Manager. In the device manager you'll see a device with a yellow alert ( I think it's some kind of USB device), just right click on that and select remove device. I honestly don't remember if I did that, it's just the right way to do it. I usually shortcut most things. You can just unplug it, run those driver installs and then plug it back in, it "should" work like that.

Shearboy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium
Yes running Windows 10. I'll give that a try tomorrow. Little aggravated at the moment, time for a break.

fMErunnin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Gt
Vehicle Showcase
Wish someone could figure out if you can make the paddles on the auto go into N for rev like the gt500.

Anyways, the spreadsheet most current? I know my f150 had a lot more, like bambi mode, etc.

Thanks!

fMErunnin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Gt
Vehicle Showcase
Okay, so after messing around, I have some more questions lol

Is it possible for the Autos to show gear all the time vs when just using paddles?

I have more, but messing around to see what f150 ones might work on Mustang.

Sponsored

Matthewstorm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
My gear shows all the time in Sport mode.

Matthewstorm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium

fMErunnin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Gt
Vehicle Showcase
Lol, it is an auto. Manual, you just look and see.

I'll try sport mode. Just want it on all the time.