Anyone know a good speed shop

Old5.Oguy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Auto
I have a Roush stage 1. Oil pump gears and crank sproket. I called Levitown ford on Long Island and they quoted me $2400 for the Supercharger Install. Little high but Roush covers the warranty if ford does the install. They then come back at me for $3,600 for labor and baskets to do the oil pump gears and sproket. Now I’m not what you would call savvy with the new gens of Mustangs as this is the first one I’ve owned since my 1992 (which I did all the work on myself for the most part), but $3600???? Give me a god damn break. I told the guy you are charging $150 an hour so that’s 20 hours to install the parts and $600 for gaskets? A quick search of the internet said 7-12 hours max. Since I’m out of the game so long does anyone know a good shop or dealership in the NY metro area that won’t attempt to put me upside down and shake every last dime out of my pocket. Thanks
Sponsored

Safridi22

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shobi
Vehicle(s)
GT V8 Blue
http://www.realspeedautomotive.com/

These guys did my paxton install and they are amazing. They are out east in Long Island like deep passed Stony Brook. They take part in various different racing events and the owner was an engineer for steeda who helped design the tri-ax shifter. I would trust them with anything. Just let them know beforehand if your car is tuned by someone else. The pricing is competitive but i can vouch for them and say your money will be well spent. Im struggling trying to find a shop like that here in harrisburg.

Hope this helps.

Torinate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
Hmm. Evolution Motorsports is only a few hours away. Obviously well versed on completing both installs. Heard great things about them. Haven’t had work done by them but have talked to them a few times and they were top notch to talk to.

May be worth a call for an estimate though. Not in New York but not that far....

https://www.evoperform.com/shop/

OP
OP
Old5.Oguy

Old5.Oguy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Auto
I was referred to real speed auto in Bohemia. Asked around in some local mustang clubs and they come highly recommended. They are doing the supercharger install, oil pump gears, crank sproket, fuel tube, arp crank bolt, full synthetic oil change and three Dyno runs for $3500. Night and day difference, the douches at the ford dealership didn’t mention the crank bolt had to be changed nor the fuel tube. Not too mention the guy from real speed spent almost 30 minutes explaining everything that was going to be done. And they are ASE certified so roush recognizes them just like they do ford, so the warranty is still intact. Thanks for the recommendation though.

Dalton@Evolution

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dalton
Vehicle(s)
First 2020 GT500 In Da 9z
I'm located near the Philadelphia airport. If you need any help just give me a ring at the shop, My direct line is 610-485-3597. We are also a Registered Roush dealer and installer.

Sponsored

Braski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Traded 2015 Blk GT Prem PP on 2019 Corvette GS 2LT M7
Vehicle Showcase
I'm located near the Philadelphia airport. If you need any help just give me a ring at the shop, My direct line is 610-485-3597. We are also a Registered Roush dealer and installer.
^These guys will take care of all your s550 needs!^

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
I used wicked motor sports in Toms River. For my supercharger, OPG/Timing sprocket, and return style fuel system. No complaints. Evolution did my 18 mani install. Also no complaints.

hossman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
Robs Performance up in Northern NJ in Bellville does all kinds of work on Mustangs and very reasonable labor costs. He did the build on the Undertaker Whipple F150 on YouTube.

smoke_wagon_6g

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 GT
http://www.realspeedautomotive.com/

These guys did my paxton install and they are amazing. They are out east in Long Island like deep passed Stony Brook. They take part in various different racing events and the owner was an engineer for steeda who helped design the tri-ax shifter. I would trust them with anything. Just let them know beforehand if your car is tuned by someone else. The pricing is competitive but i can vouch for them and say your money will be well spent. Im struggling trying to find a shop like that here in harrisburg.

Hope this helps.
This is interesting.

I'm going to call them for a rear gear quote, since I work too much, and I'm too tired when I'm not, to tackle a rear gear swap.

Anybody have an idea of what else is good to modify at the same time while the car is up in the air?

smoke_wagon_6g

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 GT
I have experience with one real Mustang shop.

I had 4.09 gears installed at Realspeed in NY. Dealer wouldn't touch it. Neither would my regular shop.

I found the owner's Motortrend article:
https://www.motortrend.com/features/mmfp-0905-1990-mustang-gt-realspeed/

He had to have some new axle seals overnighted mid-job (not part of the install kit). So my Mustang sat clogging up space in his small place for better part of week.

That's life.

But Dan was up front about everything. You can get him on the phone whenever and he even answers emails. I know because I called and wrote him all week long. Haven't had any issues yet, only a few hundred miles. But no vibration, whining or oil drips that I can see.
Sponsored