Sponsored

Anyone installed fords "active exhaust upgrade"

ronnyek42

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT pp2, 2023 Bronco Wildtrak, Ram 3500
I've been very happy with the exhaust note of the active exhaust stock, and have jumped through many midpipes trying to make things a tad louder but not obnoxious and not changing the exhaust note a huge amount.

I'm curious if nayone has installed this kit M-5200-ACT1. Is it just a mach1 exhaust? Is it much louder than stock active exhaust? It's expensive but I'd consider it if it didnt make the car obnoxious, and had similar note to active exhaust on a gt, but deeper/louder.

Thanks
Sponsored

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500
Yep looks like stock Mach exhaust.

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500
Yes. In one of the original road tests from 2021 one of Fordā€™s engineers discussed the exhaust tone and how they tried to make it unique. I would say itā€™s got kind of a bark to it like a Harley at WOT.

I Bleed Ford Blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2023 grabber blue metallic Mach 1
when you look up that part # on FRPP it states this

• Fits 2018 - 2023 Mustang GT 5.0L Coupe and Convertible with Active Exhaust
  • Fits 2019 - 2020 Mustang Bullitt 5.0L Coupe with Active Exhaust
  • Get the Mach 1 performance, aggressive sound and pure driving excitement for your Mustang GT or Bullitt
  • 50-State legal - Meets 95 decibel drive-by noise standard when installed on stock applications
  • Maintains full active exhaust functionality
  • Kit includes:
  1. Mach 1 mufflers with quad exhaust tips
  2. Mach 1 rear lower valance
  3. Mach 1 diffuser
  4. Mach 1 mud flaps
  5. All necessary hardware to complete installation
so yeah, it's just a mach 1 exhaust.

EDIT isn't the mach 1 mufflers just repurposed GT500 mufflers with smaller tips?

Sponsored

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
EDIT isn't the mach 1 mufflers just repurposed GT500 mufflers with smaller tips?
No, the tubing diameter is wrong.

Itā€™s a repurposed GT muffler with larger tips.

I donā€™t know about the Mach (but would be interested to find out), but the Bullittā€™s have a setting in the tune to make them sound unique. I wonder if the Machā€™s use the same feature, but tweaked a little differently ?

WD :like:

mrbydangel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Conveniently, Steeda just did a video on this.

Need4SpeedMotors

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.n4sm.com
First Name
N4SM Team
Vehicle(s)
S550 Mustang & Shelby GT350 platform
I've been very happy with the exhaust note of the active exhaust stock, and have jumped through many midpipes trying to make things a tad louder but not obnoxious and not changing the exhaust note a huge amount.

I'm curious if nayone has installed this kit M-5200-ACT1. Is it just a mach1 exhaust? Is it much louder than stock active exhaust? It's expensive but I'd consider it if it didnt make the car obnoxious, and had similar note to active exhaust on a gt, but deeper/louder.

Thanks
A buddy of mine has the Mach 1 mufflers on is car with a H Pipe, it sounds great. It has a nice deep tone. To be completely honest it sounds similar to the stock active mustang mufflers, slightly louder. Will you see a difference in tone yes but don't expect anything drastic. The exhaust tips are probably the biggest plus. They look way better!

OP
OP
ronnyek42

ronnyek42

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hmm there is lots to like about that kit, I like that it might be slightly louder and that it has been tips, but a lot of cash for that.

I'll have to think a out it. I assume finding a mach1 takeoff wouldn't be impossible, but buying appropriate valences and diffuser might end up making it the same price

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
Ford Performance products are some of the best. I can think of three of their products I want on my car.

Power Pack.
Magneride handling pack.
GT500/Gt350 Magneride shocks & struts.
This exhaust upgrade.

Sponsored

Keith S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 GT
I put it onā€¦ Itā€™s a nice kitā€¦ I donā€™t think it sounds significantly different than the stock activate exhaust, but it certainly improves the looks of the back of the car. Using some Ford Pass points and a sale they had, it turned out to be not that expensive. A bonus is that you wonā€™t cut your hands off trying to wash the factory exhaust tips, lol! If you have it shipped to your local Ford dealer the shipping is free.

OP
OP
ronnyek42

ronnyek42

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My project for tomorrow. I am not mega concerned about the way this looks vs the old, my stock active exhaust looks fine imo. I like that this kit is supposed to be similar note to the active exhaust, just maybe a tad louder and a tad deeper. Tips seem considerably bigger tho. I can put my fist in the tips of the new system
exhaustbox.jpg

Keith S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 GT
IMG_8806.jpeg

Have funā€¦ One of my favorite mods to date!
Sponsored