Sponsored

Anyone installed a catch can oil?

Notes

Moustang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BLACK S550 EB/AT/PP/EU
Just a quick heads up as the oil has a ton of condensation in it to get that coloring which is normal when you have a can that works this efficiently. Also the o-rings are not doing what they're supposed to be doing and they look too big. I will go into the catch can department on Monday and get you the parts you need. Just PM and I will make sure your all set right away.

Joe
Hi Joe thx for the headsup, Steve already send me a replacement O-ring to seal the can, but now it looks like the others need a replacement as well if I understand it correctly? Ill PM you.

Cheers

Your in good hands with Joe. I've come to know a few vendors of this forum and Joe is without a doubt one of the best.

That said in my experience the UPR catch cans are best available as well.
My experience with UPR has been great from day one!
Sponsored

Notes

Moustang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BLACK S550 EB/AT/PP/EU
@Joe thanks for the feedback.

How long does the o-rings last? Need replacing very often?

Also noticed at the first photo at post#37 taken from another thread, the o-rings are not placed into the grooves as well. I can't understand what's their proper position.
In the first pic they are place correctly as there are 2 sets of grooves, one where the rings are in the pic and the 2 showing in the middle.

NicoMCH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EU GT 2015
UPR Oil Catch Can

So I received my can from UPR very quickly (sent January 27th and received February 2nd) :)

Really easy to install, we will see how it works. Here are some pics

NicoMCH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EU GT 2015
The bracket is optional for GT?
You mean the strut tower brace the US models get with the performance pack which goes above the engine?

It is in 2 parts we only have the one that is "hidden", the one you see above the engine with the GT logo was not included in the EU model.

Sponsored

OP
OP

friendgr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No , I meant the bracket for the catch can.

For the EB it is included (I believe so )

NicoMCH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EU GT 2015
Ah yes I see what you mean. On the GT you have the option to add the remote locate tool which enables you to attach the can on the strut tower. I think the bracket comes with the V6 and EB because the locations of the hoses on the engine are different. But Steve or Joe would have to confirm this.

UPRjoe

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
750 S. Eastcoast St, Lake Worth Fl. 33460
Website
www.uprproducts.com
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
UPR 2015 Ecoboost Mustang
Ah yes I see what you mean. On the GT you have the option to add the remote locate tool which enables you to attach the can on the strut tower. I think the bracket comes with the V6 and EB because the locations of the hoses on the engine are different. But Steve or Joe would have to confirm this.
The EcoBoost system is a different system with a driver side mounting location and uses a bracket to sneak it between the airbox and the intake for correct hose positioning.

Just to confirm the question, Joe

Notes

Moustang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BLACK S550 EB/AT/PP/EU
Emptied my UPR can again today, installed at 2500Km, first drain at 4000Km second at 6000Km. Also replaced the O-ring UPRSteve send me and cleaned out the gunk at the bottom of the can as much as possible.
I'm yet again impressed and will definitely add the new clean side catch-can asap!
UPR OIL 22-03-2016 (4.0).jpg

UNtamed67

Silver Shadow
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A couple...
Vehicle Showcase
Mishimoto is in, will be installed next thursday.

Sponsored

Notes

Moustang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BLACK S550 EB/AT/PP/EU
Since my last drain at 6000km I couldn't resist to empty it again at 8000km. My observation was that it had less oil/blow-by in it than the previous time I emptied it after 2000km intervals.
Also the color looked like oil this time, not the brownish color like previous times, there wasn't any sludge at the bottom of the can either. My guess is that the temperature change from winter to spring might have something to do with it. I do have a slight increase of fuel consumption though lately.

UPRjoe

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.uprproducts.com
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Since my last drain at 6000km I couldn't resist to empty it again at 8000km. My observation was that it had less oil/blow-by in it than the previous time I emptied it after 2000km intervals.
Also, the color looked like oil this time, not the brownish color like previous times, there wasn't any sludge at the bottom of the can either. My guess is that the temperature change from winter to spring might have something to do with it. I do have a slight increase of fuel consumption though lately.
Just a quick heads up,

As it gets warmer you will collect less overall fluids, oil, and condensation. So climate change is the exact reason. Also, cooler weather will cause your vehicle to run leaner and cleaner. As it gets warmer you'll run a little richer, and that's the reason for the MPG decrease.

The color differences between the summer result in the darker oil. Also, less moisture means less milky froth like you see in the winter from the additional condensation and moisture from the radical temperature variations between the outside air and the hot air the PCV creates.

Joe

Last edited:

Big_G

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Fastback
Does the Mishimoto catch can need a check valve (something like a boomba) still? As i understand it MY16 cars Ford updated the PCV so the check valve isn't required?
Have my Mishi can to fit this weekend.

UPRjoe

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.uprproducts.com
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Does the Mishimoto catch can need a check valve (something like a boomba) still? As i understand it MY16 cars Ford updated the PCV so the check valve isn't required?
Have my Mishi can to fit this weekend.

The Mishimoto does not require a check valve as it is a simple pull through style catch can. If and when you encounter any oil then you can look into the next steps with PCV mod and or a more complex catch can that is not a pull through.

Joe

MustangMustHaves

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.mustangmusthaves.be
First Name
PJ
Vehicle(s)
Euro 2016 Mustang Ecoboost MT Triple Yellow
No smoke --> Cat-back --> Smoke --> UPR dual valve Catch-can --> No smoke

Installed the UPR dual valve catch can!

Got it from: http://adamtuned.myshopify.com/coll...lve-catch-can-2015-ecoboost-mustang-smoke-fix

After installing my cat-back, I got the smoke at idle. Completely gone with the catch can. Didn't gut the PCV though.

Comes with a manual (see photo), but to be honest would have never been able to do it without the @tune+ video ([ame]). Just followed the video step by step, just didn't gut the PCV.

Especially connection nr2 on the manual would have been a drama without taking the intake manifold off as Adam suggests in the video. Might be just me, but I've no DIY experience whatsoever before the Mustang (did a cat-back, intake and catch can so far) and I had no clue where to search that 2nd connection. So the instructions in Adam's video on how to take the intake manifold off was pure gold!

Connections nr3 and nr1 are much easier. They are at least visual without taking the manifold off (see photos).

The other photo is the part that is stock behind the manifold that's replaced by the catch-can. The stock clips are a bitch imo. I'm so glad I don't need'm anymore, cause they are well... broken cause I'm an idiot. :frusty::headband: On the other hand: the clips on UPR's connections are awesome!
IMG_1938.jpg
IMG_1940.jpg
IMG_1941.jpg
IMG_1942.jpg
IMG_1939.jpg
Sponsored