Sponsored

Anyone have a wicker bill spoiler?

KrisHorton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Explorer Sport
As far as installation goes, is there any drilling required?
If you have an OEM spoiler, it's a direct replacement (comes with studs/nuts/washers) and bolts right on. If your car is a spoiler delete car, you will need to drill holes. The spoiler fits 100% flush to the deck lid, so double-sided tape may be enough, but we always recommend using hardware.

MehWhatevs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Race Red 2017 GT
If you have an OEM spoiler, it's a direct replacement (comes with studs/nuts/washers) and bolts right on. If your car is a spoiler delete car, you will need to drill holes. The spoiler fits 100% flush to the deck lid, so double-sided tape may be enough, but we always recommend using hardware.
I have a factory spoiler, so this is good news. In a world full of mmd spoilers I would live to to be one of the first rocking this bad boy. Can't wait!

Performance nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
Any day now. We just received them and they'll be getting loaded up on our dealers' sites shortly!
I have a factory spoiler, so this is good news. In a world full of mmd spoilers I would live to to be one of the first rocking this bad boy. Can't wait!
If either of you could post the difference that center piece makes as far as the effect it has on the car at each of its positions (including removed), it would be a appreciated. I've never seen something like this, usually the wicker bill goes all the way across. Be interested to know if that center piece has function to it or if it was meant as an aesthetic piece

CSWC

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.carrollshelbywheels.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
If either of you could post the difference that center piece makes as far as the effect it has on the car at each of its positions (including removed), it would be a appreciated. I've never seen something like this, usually the wicker bill goes all the way across. Be interested to know if that center piece has function to it or if it was meant as an aesthetic piece
What type of results are you looking for in this case? Happy to offer feedback, though short of flow testing, much of the feel will be via "butt dyno." We will no doubt log some miles once the production piece is mounted on our company car, but I imagine the results will be fairly subjective.

Sponsored

Performance nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
What type of results are you looking for in this case? Happy to offer feedback, though short of flow testing, much of the feel will be via "butt dyno." We will no doubt log some miles once the production piece is mounted on our company car, but I imagine the results will be fairly subjective.
Butt dyno is fine as well as any of the Ford measuring tools (MPG for example). I'm curious if the ability to reduce drag changes with the adjustment. Usually you can feel it depending on how aggressive the wicker bill is. MPG may give a quantitative value to what it is doing though. Short of a full on flow test that is. :)

OlTexastang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 VB GT PP1
What’s the latest on being able to buy one off these? I haven’t been able to locate one.

Performance nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
@CSWC do you have anything to add to my question above?

Sponsored

AlbertD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/PP
Bump... Has anyone who tracks their car tested out down force effects of this Drake wicker bill (or any other wicker bill)? Not expecting any actual down force data, but perhaps someone can share it's effects on changing car balance (i.e. rear grip) during high speed sweepers.

I'm looking at adding some rear downforce... currently have the 350 style track pack spoiler so the zl1addons and hardcore design wicker bills are appealing, but for a bit more this Drake wicker seems to be a great design.

Thoughts?
Sponsored