Sponsored

Anyone have a wicker bill spoiler?

FirstGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ingot Silver '18 GT 400a PP1
curious if anyone here has installed a wicker bill spoiler? I was looking at one from carbon dynamics until I saw their terrible reviews on here. Anderson has one but it's more than I'd like to spend. ZL1 add ons has one that installs on to the basic blade spoiler my car came with but not real sure how I like it based on the few pics on their site.
Sponsored

KrisHorton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Explorer Sport
Our company, Drake Automotove Group, is actually coming out with one that should be hitting the market end of September/early October. It's a full replacement spoiler that mounts in the factory bolt holes. It's got an adustable plexiglas blade and custom aluminum hardware as well.

Here are a few photos, but mods, please let me know if I need to remove. (We're a forum sponsor, but primarily for our Carroll Shelby Wheel brand.)
WickerbillFinal1.jpg
WickerbillFinal2.jpg
WickerbillFinal3.jpg

Jmart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP Premium, Lightning Blue
I have a ZL1 w/ clear center section on my Roush spoiler and love it. I was torn before buying/seeing in person. Now that I have it I wouldn't go back - it really adds to the look. Install was also very straightforward.

OP
OP

FirstGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for input guys

@KrisHorton, any idea on pricing? Even if only a general range

@Jmart, thanks for the heads up. I saw the ZL1 for the MMD v series which is too big for my taste but missed the roush. I"ll have to go take a look at it.

Sponsored

Urben1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Performance Pack
I have a ZL1 w/ clear center section on my Roush spoiler and love it. I was torn before buying/seeing in person. Now that I have it I wouldn't go back - it really adds to the look. Install was also very straightforward.
I have a smoked wicker bill on my OEM GT350 Track spoiler and I agree! I love the look of it and it certainly is different from anyone else!

Performance nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
I'm in for some details on Drake product :)

KrisHorton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Explorer Sport
I'm in for some details on Drake product :)
I'll get some more info shortly, but the spoiler will be available by October. Includes custom aluminum hardware and plexi flap. It'll be sold in the satin black finish I posted. I believe many of our distributors will be carrying it (CJ Pony Parts, AM, etc)

Performance nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
I'll get some more info shortly, but the spoiler will be available by October. Includes custom aluminum hardware and plexi flap. It'll be sold in the satin black finish I posted. I believe many of our distributors will be carrying it (CJ Pony Parts, AM, etc)
Some questions about the product:
  1. Do you all have CFD data about the effects it has? I'm interested in a functional more than a aesthetic piece.
  2. How does removing the plexi flap effect the performance of the car? Looking more towards when would you want it installed versus not installed.
  3. As asked before, ballpark pricing would be awesome.
  4. What material is the rest of the spoiler made of? I'm sure it can be painted if you wanted it to, just wondering what material it is made of.
Appreciate it Kris!

KrisHorton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Explorer Sport
Some questions about the product:
  1. Do you all have CFD data about the effects it has? I'm interested in a functional more than a aesthetic piece.
  2. How does removing the plexi flap effect the performance of the car? Looking more towards when would you want it installed versus not installed.
  3. As asked before, ballpark pricing would be awesome.
  4. What material is the rest of the spoiler made of? I'm sure it can be painted if you wanted it to, just wondering what material it is made of.
Appreciate it Kris!
We haven't done any proper CFD testing and just recently finished our production sample. The flap has about an inch of vertical adjustabilty, so it would be interesting to do some testing with it (though I don't know if that's a priority at this time).

Ballpark pricing for the spoiler will be at or under $300 from what I'm told. That's a rough number, but we should have more solid info in the coming weeks.

The spoiler itself is blow-molded ABS and completely paintable, though the out-of-the-box finish is very nice.

Sponsored
OP
OP

FirstGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have a smoked wicker bill on my OEM GT350 Track spoiler and I agree! I love the look of it and it certainly is different from anyone else!
Pics I've seen searching Google look good but I've already got gt350 steering wheel and front bumper, I don't wanna look too much like I'm trying to replicate one, which was never the intent

MehWhatevs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Race Red 2017 GT
Our company, Drake Automotove Group, is actually coming out with one that should be hitting the market end of September/early October. It's a full replacement spoiler that mounts in the factory bolt holes. It's got an adustable plexiglas blade and custom aluminum hardware as well.

Here are a few photos, but mods, please let me know if I need to remove. (We're a forum sponsor, but primarily for our Carroll Shelby Wheel brand.)
WickerbillFinal1.jpg
WickerbillFinal2.jpg
WickerbillFinal3.jpg
I need this haha