Sponsored

Anyone had any luck with

Humphammer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2015 Limited Edition 50th Year
making the Mustang have a bit more compliant ride? I love my 2015 limited edition Mustang but it has perhaps the most harsh ride quality of any car I have ever owned. I know it's a sports car and I don't expect it to ride like my wife's E350 Mercedes but having owned 3 series BMW's and Audi S5's I know sports cars can handle well and have a more comfortable ride quality. I don't track or race my car and I have searched the forum and have found lots of threads about lowering the suspension and making it handle better. Any help about taking some of the bounce out of especially in the rear the suspension so that it does not jar your teeth every time you hit any imperfection in the road would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance for any info on this subject.
Sponsored

Roadway 5.0

Strassejager
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016GT PP 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
...but having owned 3 series BMW's and Audi S5's I know sports cars can handle well and have a more comfortable ride quality.
I came from a modified E92 335i and I know what you mean; I actually aimed for the ride of a E92 M3 with my Mustang. Overall, your car needs better bracing, dampers, and a touch stiffer springs. Look into Steeda ProAction fixed dampers, progressive springs, rear shock mounts, K-member brace, and a full strut tower brace; that would be a great baseline to start with.

I did similar, though with stiffer spings (I like to really dig the corners). Here's a video of my setup:

OP
OP
Humphammer

Humphammer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2015 Limited Edition 50th Year
I came from a modified E92 335i and I know what you mean; I actually aimed for the ride of a E92 M3 with my Mustang. Overall, your car needs better bracing, dampers, and a touch stiffer springs. Look into Steeda ProAction fixed dampers, progressive springs, rear shock mounts, K-member brace, and a full strut tower brace; that would be a great baseline to start with.

I did similar, though with stiffer spings (I like to really dig the corners). Here's a video of my setup:

Thanks for your reply. I am very happy with the way my Mustang handles and i like the heavy steering it has in track mode. I also have the Ford Racing touring by Borla and am very happy with the sound. On smooth roads the car rides so good.......but we don't have a lot of those where I live. On a bumpy road it just rides so harsh....I would definitely change the springs/shocks if I knew exactly what to change it to to get a less bumpy ride.

Roadway 5.0

Strassejager
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016GT PP 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for your reply. I am very happy with the way my Mustang handles and i like the heavy steering it has in track mode. I also have the Ford Racing touring by Borla and am very happy with the sound. On smooth roads the car rides so good.......but we don't have a lot of those where I live. On a bumpy road it just rides so harsh....I would definitely change the springs/shocks if I knew exactly what to change it to to get a less bumpy ride.
Understood. It seems you would be a prime candidate for the new Koni Special Active dampers; I believe they will be available this fall:

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/steeda-testing-with-koni-active-suspension.107475/

I have no data on these in order to provide a sound idea on spring pairing, but I would assume a progressive set will get you the comfort you’re seeking.
Sponsored

Last edited: