Sponsored

Anyone get this email yesterday or today?

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
Question. Lets say you had something for sale. Add was incorrect. Your error, or someone else’s. Lets say it was a car for 10k, and the add stated $7.5k. You’d turn it lose for that in that situation. I have subs that make errors on their bids constantly, usually because they don’t do a walk through of the job as opposed to looking at plans. I change things constantly. I don’t take advantage of them, which I easily can. The big benefit for me is they take great care of my jobs and the pricing is always better. It’s a karma deal for me.

Actually you are wrong, As i said if you go to the store and wanted to buy car oil and it normally was 10.99 a quart, but you get there and see if on sale for 6.99 a quart, you would pick it up, when you get to the cashier it rings up 10.99 you clearly are confused and when you and the cashier go look at the shelf she says oh that was last weeks price we forgot to take the sale label off. Guess what as long as the price is for that item their screw up is your gain.

There was an offer of a 5 year subscription in my email I wanted to take advantage of, now to say oh we made a mistake and retract it is not kosher. No different when making a deal with a car and the salesman say oh we'll give you the car for an ADM of $5000.00 and the Manager comes in after just before signing and says sorry the ADM is $10,000 we cant let it go for $5,000 what you going to say oh ok here's more money? NOT.
Sponsored

OP
OP
AngelDeath

AngelDeath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'20 Shelby GT500 Rapid Red / '01 Metallic Red C5 / '17 White Overland
I agree, I don’t think it was sent with a deceptive intent. However, if there was an offer that was sent to me by mistake that was appealing (in this case the OP is interested in the mistaken offer he was sent), I’d try to get it or something close to it. But we all have things we’re willing to go after (and likely increase the old blood pressure over) and things we’re not willing to do it over. I too get the eye rolls from my wife when I go after such things 🤣
Don't worry I don't have high blood pressure, but had the widow maker Heart attack 8 yrs ago and am on Blood Pressure Meds, so I'm good :D

Yes there are somethings not worth it, this is at least to me, I run a business as well, and when I F! up I suck it up and make good on my screw up, and I'm a small business, not a multi-million dollar company squeezing until the buffalos shit gold.

Idaho2018GTPremium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Camaro ZL1 A10
Actually you are wrong, As i said if you go to the store and wanted to buy car oil and it normally was 10.99 a quart, but you get there and see if on sale for 6.99 a quart, you would pick it up, when you get to the cashier it rings up 10.99 you clearly are confused and when you and the cashier go look at the shelf she says oh that was last weeks price we forgot to take the sale label off. Guess what as long as the price is for that item their screw up is your gain.

There was an offer of a 5 year subscription in my email I wanted to take advantage of, now to say oh we made a mistake and retract it is not kosher. No different when making a deal with a car and the salesman say oh we'll give you the car for an ADM of $5000.00 and the Manager comes in after just before signing and says sorry the ADM is $10,000 we cant let it go for $5,000 what you going to say oh ok here's more money? NOT.
Clearly I’m not wrong. Ford didn’t honor the price, plain and simple, because it was a mistake. If a sale was yesterday and they forgot to change the price today, they have no obligation to honor the incorrect sale price other than for a positive customer experience.

OP
OP
AngelDeath

AngelDeath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Clearly I’m not wrong. Ford didn’t honor the price, plain and simple, because it was a mistake. If a sale was yesterday and they forgot to change the price today, they have no obligation to honor the incorrect sale price other than for a positive customer experience.
Thanks for coming full circle to my point.

Idaho2018GTPremium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Camaro ZL1 A10
Thanks for coming full circle to my point.
No. I made the customer service point. Your point to my reply was that I was factually incorrect by saying I was wrong; which I wasn’t. You also never stated anything about customer service. Just some arbitrary examples about pricing that proves nothing.

So yeah, from a customer service standpoint a retailer might consider giving you the incorrectly marked price, at their loss. But Ford isn’t that concerned about this to eat the cost.

Sponsored

Buldawg76

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ecoboost Premium, 76 Harley shovel, 77 KZ1000
It’s not a scam. You can go to Ford’s site to pick packages. You can even buy them off of Amazon. My wife’s 22 Bronco Badlands didn’t come with nav maps, I had to purchase it for her. Not sure what the issue is in some one wanting to discuss it.

I find it hard to believe that any 22 vehicle would be ordered or sold without nav if it has the sync 3 system installed. That just makes no sense IMO.

I got the first complementary update after I bought my car and then the second free download that I put on a thumb drive but have yet to upload to the sync system on my car, so now it's got me curious if it will even upload after so long of a time span since being loaded to the thumb drive. If it doesn't it's no big deal since I can use my phone and read a map just fine.

BD

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
Wether you believe it or not, well. But it be so. My wife’s 22 Badland did not have the nav maps in it. They weren’t part of that particular spec package. I bought it with 3500 miles on it. Her’s isn’t the top tech package, it’s one step down from the top. Didn‘t make sense to me either but Ford is doing that. One of the other difference’s was adaptive cruise and heated steering wheel. On the top lackage but not the one down. On the other hand my platinum 450(22) has everything. When I bought her bronco I got it from a dealer in Kansas City. Had no idea about the nav maps. Couldn’t load them right away had to wait for the purchase to clear and then load. Trying to use my phone for directions to get through Kansa City and back to NM was a pain in the arse at the time. I didn’t take an atlas with me(flight) because I figured it had the nav. That was a miatake.

I find it hard to believe that any 22 vehicle would be ordered or sold without nav if it has the sync 3 system installed. That just makes no sense IMO.

I got the first complementary update after I bought my car and then the second free download that I put on a thumb drive but have yet to upload to the sync system on my car, so now it's got me curious if it will even upload after so long of a time span since being loaded to the thumb drive. If it doesn't it's no big deal since I can use my phone and read a map just fine.

BD

Buldawg76

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ecoboost Premium, 76 Harley shovel, 77 KZ1000
Wether you believe it or not, well. But it be so. My wife’s 22 Badland did not have the nav maps in it. They weren’t part of that particular spec package. I bought it with 3500 miles on it. Her’s isn’t the top tech package, it’s one step down from the top. Didn‘t make sense to me either but Ford is doing that. One of the other difference’s was adaptive cruise and heated steering wheel. On the top lackage but not the one down. On the other hand my platinum 450(22) has everything. When I bought her bronco I got it from a dealer in Kansas City. Had no idea about the nav maps. Couldn’t load them right away had to wait for the purchase to clear and then load. Trying to use my phone for directions to get through Kansa City and back to NM was a pain in the arse at the time. I didn’t take an atlas with me(flight) because I figured it had the nav. That was a miatake.
Well, we learn something new every day, did not mean I didn't believe you on the bronco not having navs in it just that ford not including it with the sync system makes no sense except just another way to get more coin from the customer.

My premium ecoboost has the heated steering wheel but no adaptive cruise or lane keep assist so it appears that ford is all over the place on what options different trim/package level included or not.

The only plus for me in using my phone for nav is having a few different routes to choose from versus the single route in sync nav.

BD

OP
OP
AngelDeath

AngelDeath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Just wanted to update this post, I got a msg back and Ford and the 3rd party Map provider has made good on their mistake. Just goes to show, never rollover when your right.