Sponsored

Anyone else get the tire/rim protection package?

Spartan1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Eruption Green GT 400A
SE Michigan has about the worst roads in the country, so I bought the $550 five year tire/rim protection package with my 2019 black accent GT, anyone else have it, and have you had to use it?

F&I guy told me they'll cover everything if tire and/or rim is damaged, just do not tell them you hit a curb. Parts guy also told me the rim and Pirelli would cost about $1,000 to replace. I'm skeptical on that one, but since I don't have to worry about it I haven't checked.

Believe it or not, the extreme heat has started to expose a few potholes around here.
Sponsored

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
The wheel has to be destroyed before the warranty will replace it anything cosmetic your screwed and will not get the wheel replaced. We have the wheel warranty on my wife's 2018 Edge and I badly scratched one wheel and I got a Sorry About Your Luck, no replacement. It's a waste of money.

5.0AVP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rapid Red 401A PP1 GT
I got talked into triple care ( Wheels/tires, dents, windshield) by the finance guy when I bought my first 2015. It was 479. The day after I bought the car I hit something in the road and my tire went flat almost immediately. Had the car towed to a Ford dealer and the tire replaced for free the next day.

I've had it on every car since then and haven't needed it but the experience was so nice the first time I will continue to get it. I was clear when I purchased that it won't cover road rash or cosmetic damage.

If you don't want it you can always get a pro-rated refund credited back to the loan or back in a check if you paid cash.

NeedForGreen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I originally bought it, but then cancelled. A month later I got a nail in my left rear tire. That's when I found out the tires can't be patched and was going to cost $500. Kicked myself for not keeping it.

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
I paid $450, supposedly will cover aftermarket wheels and includes curbing. I don't think it will but I'm getting ready to find out, as I got about an inch long nick from a curb at ID card drive through.

Sponsored

BigBeed

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium 401a PP2
My dealer offer me 7 year wheel and tire including accidental damage for $569 through allstate. Everything Is covered including if I curb a wheel or if it gets chipped or scratched from a pothole. I have a PP2 and the wheels aren't cheap and cup 2's are about $440 each so I went for it. Glad I did. Picked up a nail at 3k miles and had to get one of the tires replaced.

Mustang5ohMan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
A
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
(WHAT is ID Card Drive Thru?)

My F&I guy on my challenger tried to sell me warranty packages and give me a deal I declined. Can usually find that stuff on your Own cheaper. Like for instance Geico offers mechanical breakdown coverage. Either way though the wheel and tire package doesn’t sound too crazy especially if it replaces a tire. I got a nail in two separate tires. One tire needed a patch $25. Even fine every since and that’s Been 60 days now. If it covered cosmetic which I don’t know if it does or doesn’t then it’ll be worth it. I usually take my chances though the problem with why I don’t buy it is because when something does happen it’s so hard to claim the benefit that it’s not worth it. Take a pic of the rim while standing on your head in rain on a Sunday at 2:01pm....

Mustang5ohMan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
A
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
My dealer offer me 7 year wheel and tire including accidental damage for $569 through allstate. Everything Is covered including if I curb a wheel or if it gets chipped or scratched from a pothole. I have a PP2 and the wheels aren't cheap and cup 2's are about $440 each so I went for it. Glad I did. Picked up a nail at 3k miles and had to get one of the tires replaced.
How is the coverage through Allstate?

BigBeed

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium 401a PP2
How is the coverage through Allstate?
So far so good. I have progressive for my actual insurance so the only time I dealt with it was when I had the flat. The dealer i brought it to for tire replacement is not the same dealer I bought the car from. Just brought the paperwork with me and they handled everything. That being said the head of the nail snapped off and it was leaking bad. The fix a flat that comes in the factory pump sucks. I had to stop and add air 3 times in 15 miles even after following the instructions on the pump.

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
I agree and had never bought any kind of add-on warranty before...and as I said, I will be surprised if this one covers my cosmetic damage.

ID Drive Thru......entrance to military base that has automatic entry arms.....a lot like airport parking...speaking of, I can't not reach the parking ticket machine at local airport without completely getting out of my car, as it has about a 3 foot stand off.

(WHAT is ID Card Drive Thru?)

My F&I guy on my challenger tried to sell me warranty packages and give me a deal I declined. Can usually find that stuff on your Own cheaper. Like for instance Geico offers mechanical breakdown coverage. Either way though the wheel and tire package doesn’t sound too crazy especially if it replaces a tire. I got a nail in two separate tires. One tire needed a patch $25. Even fine every since and that’s Been 60 days now. If it covered cosmetic which I don’t know if it does or doesn’t then it’ll be worth it. I usually take my chances though the problem with why I don’t buy it is because when something does happen it’s so hard to claim the benefit that it’s not worth it. Take a pic of the rim while standing on your head in rain on a Sunday at 2:01pm....

Sponsored

Mustang5ohMan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
A
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
I was looking only can you buy this coverage aftermarket like you can the warranties?

BigBeed

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium 401a PP2
I was looking only can you buy this coverage aftermarket like you can the warranties?
Allstate's site says its offered through authorized dealers but doesn't have a way to look up said dealers. You might have to give them a call and see what dealers in your area offer it and then go there and see if you can buy it separately.

Zrussian13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2018 Acura MDX
I originally bought it, but then cancelled. A month later I got a nail in my left rear tire. That's when I found out the tires can't be patched and was going to cost $500. Kicked myself for not keeping it.
What factory tires do you have that cost $500 and can't be patched???

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
I have always been confused as to why people buy these tire and wheel packages. I asked my insurance if they covered tires and wheels if I hit something and they said yes its part of any standard car insurance package. I asked then why do people buy these third party wheel and tire insurances. She shrugged her shoulders. Its typically covered under road hazards or road debris. Just like the third party wheel coverage dont say you ran over a curb. You hit "something" in the road and your regular insurance should cover it. Mine does. and I have zero deductible. Maybe some should double check with their regular insurances before spending on these third party ones. I mean just saying. My buddy paid for the wheel and tire and I asked him why. he said his insurance didint cover it. I said call them and check cause it should. He did and they do so he canceled the wheel and tire and got a refund. I just think people buy this stuff cause they are unaware their regular insurance covers this stuff. Its part of the car and is susceptible to impact and damage like the rest so why would tires and wheels not be covered by your regular car insurance? Makes no sense they would cover a windshield or any other part hit and damaged by a rock but not the wheels.

BigBeed

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium 401a PP2
I have always been confused as to why people buy these tire and wheel packages. I asked my insurance if they covered tires and wheels if I hit something and they said yes its part of any standard car insurance package. I asked then why do people buy these third party wheel and tire insurances. She shrugged her shoulders. Its typically covered under road hazards or road debris. Just like the third party wheel coverage dont say you ran over a curb. You hit "something" in the road and your regular insurance should cover it. Mine does. and I have zero deductible. Maybe some should double check with their regular insurances before spending on these third party ones. I mean just saying. My buddy paid for the wheel and tire and I asked him why. he said his insurance didint cover it. I said call them and check cause it should. He did and they do so he canceled the wheel and tire and got a refund. I just think people buy this stuff cause they are unaware their regular insurance covers this stuff. Its part of the car and is susceptible to impact and damage like the rest so why would tires and wheels not be covered by your regular car insurance? Makes no sense they would cover a windshield or any other part hit and damaged by a rock but not the wheels.
Every time I or people I know have had damage to a wheel from a pot hole or even an accident or road debris, the insurance company won't cover it unless the wheel is completely broken and they say it could have been pre existing curb damage and they wont cover it.
Sponsored