Sponsored

Anyone coming from gt350?

P4mnceblue82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT500, Ranger
Very sorry if this has been discussed already, but I'm in the market for either a GT500 or GT350. Just curious if anyone here is coming from or has solid experience with a 350?

I'm in a situation where I have a lot of equity in my Raptor due to today's inflated used values. Dealer im working with can either get me in a 20' gt350 for about 3k under invoice or give me a 21' allocation for gt500 at msrp.

I have not driven or have any 1st hand experience with either car. It will be a daily as long as weather permits. When weather is bad I will still have a truck to drive.

Just looking for thoughts and opinions from anyone with experience with both and from those who made the jump.

Thx guys!
Sponsored

AMBJR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ALLEN
Vehicle(s)
03 Mustang Cobra-20 GT500
Very sorry if this has been discussed already, but I'm in the market for either a GT500 or GT350. Just curious if anyone here is coming from or has solid experience with a 350?

I'm in a situation where I have a lot of equity in my Raptor due to today's inflated used values. Dealer im working with can either get me in a 20' gt350 for about 3k under invoice or give me a 21' allocation for gt500 at msrp.

I have not driven or have any 1st hand experience with either car. It will be a daily as long as weather permits. When weather is bad I will still have a truck to drive.

Just looking for thoughts and opinions from anyone with experience with both and from those who made the jump.

Thx guys!

Where are you located? I know where a 2020 GT500 is available with a VIN in California!!!

ParsonsWV

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350, 2002 C5

Thx guys!
I had a gt350 up until about March. Had around a year. I loved the car. Never tracked it but enjoyed backroads with it. Was I going to win too many straight line races with it? No. Was I going to win the curves? More than likely.
The day I bought it and was driving home I had a hellcat try to race me. Knew that was a losing battle and passed. With the GT500 I would take the challenge (granted I get mine Friday so no true experience yet).

I decided to trade in the GT350 for the GT500 because how well the GT350 handled and was wanting to supercharge it. The GT350 in my opinion is an amazing car and gives so much confidence due to how it is built. Amazingly balanced car. But with how it handled I thought it could be better with a supercharger and make it phenomenal.

Then the GT500 was revealed. I didn't want to lose warranty or wait til warranty expired to modify and with the early GT350 problems it had me worried on the engine (no experience with issues but was in back of mind). Easy decision was to order a GT500 and have warranty with close the the same HP as a GT500 with only a supercharger added.

If you can swing the Gt500 and don't care about the car having to be manual I would go with the GT500. When I pick the car up Friday and get some miles on it I may change my mind but don't think I will.

Either way I don't think you will be disappointed. Good luck in your choice.

edmd007

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18 GT350R, 20 GT500 Iconic CFTP
Both cars are phenomenal and different beasts.
I had a 17 Raptor and same, traded almost even up 18 months after ownership for King Ranch Super duty so I get the sentiment. Equity early on doesn't happen often.
That being said: GT 350 is amazing. I kept my 18 R. The 350 sounds significantly better than the 500 IMO and is just an engaging driving experience. Also in my opinion, there wont likely be another cool ass V8 made like the 350 nor an awesome manual made like the 350, maybe ever again.
The GT 500: thing has so much power I'm kind glad its auto. Shifting is one less thing to worry about when mashing the pedal and putting that power down.
I miss my raptor, but only in that it had a phenomenal suspension and was fun to drive. The raptor however, was not a "work" truck so that's why I made the switch.
As far as 350 vs 500, depends on what you want man, very different experiences, different cars and both incredible in their own right.

FYI, If it existed, I would have gotten a heritage edition GT350/R. I think that is a pretty boss looking ride.

I couldnt make the choice which is why I kept both. You will not go wrong with either choice.

Sponsored

OP
OP

P4mnceblue82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT500, Ranger
I had a gt350 up until about March. Had around a year. I loved the car. Never tracked it but enjoyed backroads with it. Was I going to win too many straight line races with it? No. Was I going to win the curves? More than likely.
The day I bought it and was driving home I had a hellcat try to race me. Knew that was a losing battle and passed. With the GT500 I would take the challenge (granted I get mine Friday so no true experience yet).

I decided to trade in the GT350 for the GT500 because how well the GT350 handled and was wanting to supercharge it. The GT350 in my opinion is an amazing car and gives so much confidence due to how it is built. Amazingly balanced car. But with how it handled I thought it could be better with a supercharger and make it phenomenal.

Then the GT500 was revealed. I didn't want to lose warranty or wait til warranty expired to modify and with the early GT350 problems it had me worried on the engine (no experience with issues but was in back of mind). Easy decision was to order a GT500 and have warranty with close the the same HP as a GT500 with only a supercharger added.

If you can swing the Gt500 and don't care about the car having to be manual I would go with the GT500. When I pick the car up Friday and get some miles on it I may change my mind but don't think I will.

Either way I don't think you will be disappointed. Good luck in your choice.
Congrats on the car! Assuming you are in WV. So am I. Did u buy here in state or have to travel?

edmd007

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Congrats on the car! Assuming you are in WV. So am I. Did u buy here in state or have to travel?
Awesome, As a WVU alum and WV native, the GT500 and GT350 give me much more satisfaction than Mountaineer sports these days!

OP
OP

P4mnceblue82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT500, Ranger
Both cars are phenomenal and different beasts.
I had a 17 Raptor and same, traded almost even up 18 months after ownership for King Ranch Super duty so I get the sentiment. Equity early on doesn't happen often.
That being said: GT 350 is amazing. I kept my 18 R. The 350 sounds significantly better than the 500 IMO and is just an engaging driving experience. Also in my opinion, there wont likely be another cool ass V8 made like the 350 nor an awesome manual made like the 350, maybe ever again.
The GT 500: thing has so much power I'm kind glad its auto. Shifting is one less thing to worry about when mashing the pedal and putting that power down.
I miss my raptor, but only in that it had a phenomenal suspension and was fun to drive. The raptor however, was not a "work" truck so that's why I made the switch.
As far as 350 vs 500, depends on what you want man, very different experiences, different cars and both incredible in their own right.

FYI, If it existed, I would have gotten a heritage edition GT350/R. I think that is a pretty boss looking ride.

I couldnt make the choice which is why I kept both. You will not go wrong with either choice.
Thanks for the opinion. I love my raptor too! I got it last July and very hesitant to let her go but, with the way things are with right now, I'm looking at over 20k in equity. Unless I would keep it another 3 years or more, I can't see that scenario being true once the market levels out from covid and the gen 3 raptor gets announced.

I really like the idea of both cars and think the 350 would make me 98 percent happy. I have experience with many of the AMG, M, SRT, etc sport and muscle cars. So I get concerned that after time, esp daily driving, i'm going to miss/want that low end power. Maybe not. But it does sit in my mind. And putting FI on the 350 is possible but does concern me from a reliability standpoint with the voodoo motors.
Also. While the equity makes the 350 super affordable, it also makes 500 affordable. Which in a lesser situation it would be a stretch past my comfort zone. So, I hate to pass on the opportunity while it presents itself.

Def a tough decision but as you said im sure I'll be happy either way. Good to have these types of conundrums!

OP
OP

P4mnceblue82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT500, Ranger
Awesome, As a WVU alum and WV native, the GT500 and GT350 give me much more satisfaction than Mountaineer sports these days!
Lmao! Don't doubt that bit! There are days my cub cadet lawn mower gives me more satisfaction than the mountaineers!

LethalPerformance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 CFTP, 2021 Whipple'd F150
We had a 16 GT350 which ended up getting a Whipple 2.9L on it. The car was definitely bad ass but in no way near as nice of a car as the GT500. Our 2020 CFTP GT500 is ridiculous and awesome in every way. The looks, performance, handling, sound, shifting is on a whole other level from the GT350.
Both are really nice cars don't get me wrong but my pick is definitely the new GT500!

Sponsored

edmd007

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
We had a 16 GT350 which ended up getting a Whipple 2.9L on it. The car was definitely bad ass but in no way near as nice of a car as the GT500. Our 2020 CFTP GT500 is ridiculous and awesome in every way. The looks, performance, handling, sound, shifting is on a whole other level from the GT350.
Both are really nice cars don't get me wrong but my pick is definitely the new GT500!

I almost agree, except for sound. The 350R exhaust note is still the best sounding exhaust I've ever heard, but again, just my own opinion. The CFTP 500 sound is great, better than great even, the R though, that FPC is insane the way it purrs.

OP as you say, good problems to have. A base 500 at sticker is a good deal. A 350 under would be great deal, esp new. Life's short, nickle and diming every thing can be counterproductive in many ways. My 2 cents lol.

LethalPerformance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I almost agree, except for sound. The 350R exhaust note is still the best sounding exhaust I've ever heard, but again, just my own opinion. The CFTP 500 sound is great, better than great even, the R though, that FPC is insane the way it purrs.

OP as you say, good problems to have. A base 500 at sticker is a good deal. A 350 under would be great deal, esp new. Life's short, nickle and diming every thing can be counterproductive in many ways. My 2 cents lol.
Have you heard our car yet with the Corsa active exhaust system we've got on there? It's insane.
The GT350 with res delete or the R sound awesome. But this Corsa setup on our car is ridic!

sotek2345

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350, 2016 F-150
Came from a modded 2011 GT500 (different beast I know) and got a 2019 GT350. I find staying 1 gear lower than I used to (enabled by an extra 2k on the readline) pretty much eliminate the lack of low end torque except at very low speeds. The lack of a manual transmission for the new GT500 makes it a hard pass for me regardless of price. The GT350 just has the best shifting manual I have ever driven and that adds so much to the experience. I don't care if it is a bit slower. More fun = more better. I don't track my cars anyways.

edmd007

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Have you heard our car yet with the Corsa active exhaust system we've got on there? It's insane.
The GT350 with res delete or the R sound awesome. But this Corsa setup on our car is ridic!
I have not, saw the Borla for 500, considering something for 500. Where can I hear that?
Im intrigued.

LethalPerformance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have not, saw the Borla for 500, considering something for 500. Where can I hear that?
Im intrigued.
We'll have more clips up shortly as well as a comparison with the Double Helix X that's on the car now and the Double HH pipe.

We should be shipping systems in the next few weeks.
Sponsored