Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
EVs also have a charging time issue, a range issue, and won't be very usefull for long trips for quite a while. In cold or hot weather, using the A/C or heater makes it even worse. EVs work nice for city travel and short commuting, like oversized golf carts.
That a bit of a stretch considering MotorTrend just did the Trail of America (google it if you donā€™t know) with two Rivian R1T trucks and had no problem finding charging stations.
Battery tech, including charging tech, is advancing at rate far greater than fuel-efficient ICE platforms. A 480v Tesla supercharger can provide 170 miles of range on a Model 3 in less than 30 minutes. But all this negates the fact that EV owners tend to plug their vehicles in every night and wake up to a full chargeā€¦how often do you wake up to a full gas tank?
Needless to say, EVs arenā€™t going anywhereā€¦.regardless of how you and I feel. ICE automobiles are a dying breed.
Sponsored

gone_n_60

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Whit
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP Convertible
What is the positive trend that CA set for the rest of the country? I canā€™t think of one and I lived there for 25 years.
C'mon did you forget the "Everybody move to Texas!" trend?

Bruce 8858

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1 #3009
No, itā€™s the everybody move to Florida trend. I have never seen so much traffic and home building as in the past two years. Covid and other factors are driving people into the state in record numbers.

gone_n_60

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Whit
Vehicle(s)
:cwl: I believe itā€™s now been renamed to ā€œmake Texas blueā€ trendā€¦ā€¦
there's a state phrase most everyone knows across the US which reflects all true Texans love of our state (I'm an expat) "Don't Mess With Texas". LOL

(Austin is a weird blue splotch of snowflakes in the state, per my old neighbors in Houston)

Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
While I understand that the lack of charging stations is currently a hurdle to overcome, it amazes me how many people donā€™t think the general idea of emissions free vehicles on a large scale is unrealistic.
Emissions free is possible if you define it to mean something that is possible. Yes, in reality it's not possible, but some many people will think it is happening.

Well sort of, the true reality is that this transition to electric is undoable with current power sources. Its a ideal they will never meet in current times, necessity is the mother of invention, eventually a breakthrough will happen. That being said we will still be able to have our gas rigs in our lifetimes,
Oh, it's doable all right. Everyone just needs to purchase their own generators and enough natural gas to run the generator while recharging their cars. No infrastructure? No problem.

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado & Nissan Sentra SE
Hello; Here in TN i have met some refuges from other states. I make a point to ask if they plan to vote for the same sort of stuff they are moving away from. So far they say they have left that stuff behind. I figure some are trying to keep me calm and may be lying. Even so the message gets across.

gone_n_60

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Whit
Vehicle(s)
Emissions free is possible if you define it to mean something that is possible. Yes, in reality it's not possible, but some many people will think it is happening.

Oh, it's doable all right. Everyone just needs to purchase their own generators and enough natural gas to run the generator while recharging their cars. No infrastructure? No problem.
The future is in salt water to electric folks, you heard it here first. Suburban brine ponds in every neighborhood!

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado & Nissan Sentra SE
That a bit of a stretch considering MotorTrend just did the Trail of America (google it if you donā€™t know) with two Rivian R1T trucks and had no problem finding charging stations.
Battery tech, including charging tech, is advancing at rate far greater than fuel-efficient ICE platforms. A 480v Tesla supercharger can provide 170 miles of range on a Model 3 in less than 30 minutes. But all this negates the fact that EV owners tend to plug their vehicles in every night and wake up to a full chargeā€¦how often do you wake up to a full gas tank?
Needless to say, EVs arenā€™t going anywhereā€¦.regardless of how you and I feel. ICE automobiles are a dying breed.
Hello; I have that issue and scanned the article. I will look it over again. Best i recall is the trip took some planning. What say I plan a trip route starting in my area where there are not yet public charging stations in wide areas. Bet i can have an EV stranded before long. How do you walk to a service station to get a can of electricity?

MustangJason

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Warrior #9
They have outlawed all gas powered lawnmowers, chain saws, hedge clippers, blowers and portable generators already, though I'm not sure when it goes into effect. That will keep things dark during the next black-outs and let the grass take over the lands. :cwl: I'm planning on starting an underground ICE equipment sales business. Selling gas powered equipment to people with no lights or refrigeration drowning under waves of overgrown weeds and shrubs.
Don't prolong their deaths. I'm moving in once all the people are gone.

Sponsored

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
Hello; I have that issue and scanned the article. I will look it over again. Best i recall is the trip took some planning. What say I plan a trip route starting in my area where there are not yet public charging stations in wide areas. Bet i can have an EV stranded before long. How do you walk to a service station to get a can of electricity?
The same way you plan a trip so you know thereā€™s a gas station nearby when youā€™ll need it. Thereā€™s still parts of the country you can drive a hundred miles and never see a gas station. Granted many of those are back roads or gravel, but the point remains, you still have to do some planning when you go for a long drive. It isnā€™t suddenly the governmentā€™s responsibility to make sure you have a charging station every 5 miles.

gone_n_60

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Whit
Vehicle(s)
take about 70 extension cords ... lmao

The Chairman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜09 GT500KR & ā€˜16 GT350 Track Pack & ā€˜20 GT500 HP
there's a state phrase most everyone knows across the US which reflects all true Texans love of our state (I'm an expat) "Don't Mess With Texas". LOL

(Austin is a weird blue splotch of snowflakes in the state, per my old neighbors in Houston)
Actually, all the big cities in TX are very blue. Itā€™s the rural folks that are the holdouts.

BTW: The ā€œDonā€™t mess with Texasā€ mantra is an anti-littering campaign.
https://www.dontmesswithtexas.org/

gone_n_60

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Whit
Vehicle(s)
Actually, all the big cities in TX are very blue. Itā€™s the rural folks that are the holdouts.

BTW: The ā€œDonā€™t mess with Texasā€ mantra is an anti-littering campaign.
https://www.dontmesswithtexas.org/
Yep it was one of the most successful state campaigns ever executed. Then it morphed into something more. Now decades later you can still buy Don't Mess With Texas items in the airport shops and tacky souvenir shops at Galveston. In May I'm headed back for my granddaughters graduation from Nursing school in Houston. Houston had become more urban and some liberal here and there when I left but I visit almost every year with my older son. I still find many typical Texas folks all around the metro areas still.
Sponsored