Anybody here still work out?

Smunczen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang gt pp2
Do you have to wear a mask? There are days where I get extremely light headed and get on the verge of passing out, and thats without a mask lol. I will 100% for sure pass out doing squats or deadlifts with a mask
No I do not I go during the AM hardly anyone is there.
Sponsored

Sean709

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt prem pp whipple stage 2. 2017 silverado LTZ with rocky ridge package. 09 HD muscle.
I haven't gone to the gym since the lockdowns began in March. I hate doing home workouts because it just reminds me of getting smoked in the Army and I just say fuck this and stop.

I'm a naturally slim and tall guy (6'2"/6'3" ish), I don't gain weight unless its lean muscle mass. Im usually a solid ~180 lbs when I workout but since I haven't gone in such along time I've lost most of my mass and I weigh probably 165lbs now. Im not really worried because I can put on weight just as fast as I loose it.

I am pretty young but I'm considered at high risk for COVID because of my medical issues so I've been laying low and not doing anything. So I haven't been motivated lately and haven't cared about my appearance at all.

I'm thinking about buying some gym equipment maybe but I was wondering if anyone here is doing some home workouts could share what they are doing. Or how they are working out around COVID.
I picked up home gym stuff around April after they closed down the gyms and never went back. I set up a little workout room in the basement set up with a blue tooth speaker and bring my lap top down also. I listen to the music I like (metal) which the gym didnt play and go on fb or something between sets. I kinda like it not having to waste time driving to the gym. I do a little less weight and more reps just to be safe since no spotter or anyone around. Weight plates went up crazy in price since this covid. Back and bi's today.

Adamone92

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
Do you have to wear a mask? There are days where I get extremely light headed and get on the verge of passing out, and thats without a mask lol. I will 100% for sure pass out doing squats or deadlifts with a mask
my gym requires mask wear and wiping of any equipment you use.

dead_inside

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT Prem PP
Each state has its own rules but gym goers here will be affected by the restrictions for a while. Before all this, I would go before work and it wasn't too bad but if my schedule dictated me hitting the gym after work... the only exercise i would get would be walking around looking for available equipment because it was so packed. We are currently in "Phase 1" but even "Phase 2" only allows for 25% capacity at indoor gyms and I have to imagine that will be a slog for folks trying to go. If you have the space and money to allow for a rack, barbell, and plates then I highly recommend it if that's your thing. If space and money is limited or its just not your thing but you still want to lift, I highly recommend a set of adjustable dumbbells, bands, and a cheap adjustable bench.

Its my own opinion based on my experience that learning about execution, focusing on the mind muscle connection, and learning what is right for your body without "ego lifting" will allow for a more efficient use of weight, get you better results, put less stress on your joints and tendons, and require less equipment. The "Grip it and Rip it" approach is fine for a young man but if you already have knee and back issues, proper lifting should improve your imbalances. Not aggravate them. Just my opinions.

Sponsored

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
I just started the garage gym thing but no weights. Got a heavy bag and starting to do some kickboxing again. Haven't done anything but eat and get fat the last 6 or 7 years and doing Physical Therapy now for a back injury. I'm 6'1 and 290lbs. Goal weight of 205. Last night was day 1, did 3 3minute rounds at about 15% power and just tried to keep my hands up. How the mighty have fallen...I have a long way to go but the journey has begun. Just gotta find your motivation man. Don't let yourself go like I did, it sucks!

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
I haven't gone to the gym since the lockdowns began in March. I hate doing home workouts because it just reminds me of getting smoked in the Army and I just say fuck this and stop.

I'm a naturally slim and tall guy (6'2"/6'3" ish), I don't gain weight unless its lean muscle mass. Im usually a solid ~180 lbs when I workout but since I haven't gone in such along time I've lost most of my mass and I weigh probably 165lbs now. Im not really worried because I can put on weight just as fast as I loose it.

I am pretty young but I'm considered at high risk for COVID because of my medical issues so I've been laying low and not doing anything. So I haven't been motivated lately and haven't cared about my appearance at all.

I'm thinking about buying some gym equipment maybe but I was wondering if anyone here is doing some home workouts could share what they are doing. Or how they are working out around COVID.
I've been working out my entire life - was a competing athlete at some point...

Recently (I am 44) 3 days weights in the gym, 3 days running - when gym closed in March, I did quick attempt to grab some equipment (I already had squat rack, olympic bar, bench, plates, two shorter bars and dumbbells - not a very complete set) - they day gym were closed everyone tried to do that so got some but not much, then added a pull up bars off Amazon and another set of 45lb plates my friends old me. Worked out at home exclusively for good 5 months but eventually got tired of same exercises over and over again - was hesitant to go back to the gym even though they were opened but eventually did.
I was lucky to have some decent equipment at home already.

Recently added pulleys with cables that use standard weight plates - bottom line - you can totally build home gym if you have space, but getting equipment (especially plates and dumbbells) is still a challenge due to availability and shipping costs. Stores like Dick's don't sell dumbbells heavier than 60 lb anyway.

So I do go to the gym and off peak times and wear a mask during workouts - which makes it little more difficult but its not terrible. If I can squat some decent weight with masks on, I am sure other can wear it too and not die. Run outside or at home on treadmill.

Roadsign

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
I’ve always stayed active and have had a home gym for years and a free gym membership at times (work pays for it). My schedule stays busy so the time savings having a home gym makes a difference. Plus the lack of gym etiquette typically found at commercial gyms is frustrating lol. My setup includes a squat rack, around 800lbs in Olympic weights and lots of homebuilt accessories (various handles/bars , seated calf raise, leg press, etc). You can get creative and get some great workouts even with minimal equipment though. My garage also doubles as my shop so there's a lot of stuff in there.

jmack

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2002 F-250 7.3 PSD
I'm semi-rural and there are no real weight training gyms with in an hour drive, so I had built a basic home gym several years ago. Power rack, oly bar and plates, adjustable dumbells, cheap rowing machine and stationary bike. I've DIYed a few accessories like a deadlift/oly platform. I have a heavy bag that I haven't gotten around to mounting still, but don't have a good location for it.

I've definitely found myself slacking the past few months. I do find it a little harder to stay motivated than going to a real gym. Home gym lacks the energy.

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500
Started working out in the basement with P90X DVD’s about 10 yrs ago because with our kids’ schedules the only time we had to work out was 9-10 PM-ish. Some gym snobs at work pooh-poohed it but it got me in decent shape. Since then we’ve added about 4-5 other resistance and cardio programs plus a lot of equipment so covid really had no effect on us working out, in fact I’m not sure how we’d have stayed sane without a good way to blow off steam like that. Feeling pretty good for 53 yrs old, knock on wood. Sat Mon Wed and Thu are lifting days, Sun plyometrics, Tue cardio intervals. Lots of stretching. I take a week off every 12 weeks and usually by Wed of the off week I start feeling sluggish.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
You can get in some good workouts with a variety set of resistance bands.
A nice set of those are on the short list for me. and then I'll go to Lowes or HD and get a bunch of hooks to mount all over my garage.

Tacswa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt - Shadow Black
Home gym for me. I have a gym membership but haven’t been. I always rotated my gym days with home workout days just for a change of scenery and variety. But I’m staying away from the gym due to COVID

XS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
Question for you guys.
I'm a super hard gainer, my strength goes up dramatically when I workout but not weight or size. For reference I had stomach surgery two years ago for an issue and especially ever since then I can't crack 145lbs and I'm 6'2" lifting the same as when I weighed around 170. I eat all the healthy calories I can (stomach kind of limited since the surgery). Anyway here's the question, I've never tried creatine - but read tons about it, however is it hard on the digestive tract? If so I might not be able to use it. Anyone else here have a sensitive stomach/limited diet? What do you do to get around it?
Sponsored