Sponsored

anybody else noticed weird startups

17Magnetic5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 premium mustang gt black accent package
So I got in my car today and it was making weird sounds, like in terms of the chimes, it didn't sound like the typical fasten seatbelt chime or the warning sound when using the backup camera, I think it sounded more like what my 2014 sounded like. I turned off the car though and it went back to the normal sounds.

Another thing I've noticed is sometimes when you first start the car you might get the option for heated seats on the sync 3 unit or nav, (I don't have nav). Nothing thats that big of a deal but I was curious how many people it might have happened to and if anyone else got weird stuff like that.
Sponsored

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
I think the chime varies based on whether your seatbelt is buckled and another version if the door is also open. Could that be the difference for your case or no?

OP
OP

17Magnetic5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nope first thing I checked actually. Idk what controls the chimes but if it’s the sync unit my theory is something got crossed and it used the sound of a different model car

niab99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nia
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium
This exact thing happened to me today. I only noticed it because of the nostalgia I felt hearing the same chime I used to hear in my 2014 mustang. When I was backing up the backup sensors sounded more higher pitched. Did you ever figure out why this happens?

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
I know the APIM's EQ profile applies to system sounds too, maybe it glitched out and didn't activate?

Sponsored

ORRadtech

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang EcoBoost convertible, 14 Ford Fusion SE
If it's a new thing I'd go have the battery load tested. Modern cars do odd things when the battery starts to weaken.
Had a Honda Ridgeline once that the first indication of a weak battery was the oil pressure light in the dash would come on. No other symptoms for about three weeks then the entire dash would go wonky and finally the engine would be slow cranking.

OP
OP

17Magnetic5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mines done it a few times since I don’t think it’s a big deal though once you shut the car off it goes back to normal.

opengl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1 400A 6MT
There's a small speaker in the cluster that you can use forscan to send all the chimes to. Sometimes the system bugs out and does that anyway. I've noticed it if I've started the car with the door open occasionally.
Sponsored