Sponsored

Any obtainable HP(for me) left on the table?

SVT-DADDY

World's heaviest S550
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Let me preface this post by saying I’ll likely be doing a Procharger stage 2 kit over the winter. I need to let my bank account catch up a bit first. Lol

I’ve got a Steeda CAI, Lund tune, and MBRP street cat back. I am pretty happy with the power but the “more” bug has bitten me.I can’t do headers because of emissions.Seems like the GT350 manifold costs a few HP down low which I don’t want to lose.Can’t do E85 because there is none around me.

The only other things that I can think of would be a TB, and cat deletes (the cat deletes are easier to undo then the headers for emissions purposes).

Do either of these have reliable mods make proven HP? Realizing it’s a trade off with the cats of the car being louder than I may like and smell they will have to really produce!

I guess what I am looking for is a mod that won’t break the bank to keep me happy until I buy the blower.
Sponsored

Jn2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
You can do TSP headers with cats, they are one of the cheapest catted options out there.

Aside from that you are going to be looking at swapping to a CJ manifold and going twin 67/monoblade TB. A larger TB on the stock manifold won't give you noticeable results either, spend your money elsewhere.

If you really can't do Long tubes then cat deletes with a 11-14 manifold for that one side is going to be your best bet, or have a shop weld a flange on.

OP
OP
SVT-DADDY

SVT-DADDY

World's heaviest S550
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
You can do TSP headers with cats, they are one of the cheapest catted options out there.

Aside from that you are going to be looking at swapping to a CJ manifold and going twin 67/monoblade TB. A larger TB on the stock manifold won't give you noticeable results either, spend your money elsewhere.

If you really can't do Long tubes then cat deletes with a 11-14 manifold for that one side is going to be your best bet, or have a shop weld a flange on.

I would do catted headers in a second but they won't pass emissions in CT, which would mean taking them off every 2 years.

Part of me wants to just do it and deal with it in 2 years!

Brostang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT-350 Oxford & LB
If you're going FI, just put extra funds towards traction/wheel-hop improvements. 15 hp won't matter if you're spinning

OP
OP
SVT-DADDY

SVT-DADDY

World's heaviest S550
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
If you're going FI, just put extra funds towards traction/wheel-hop improvements. 15 hp won't matter if you're spinning

That's a good point but HP is just so much more fun.

Sponsored

2015 Silver GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT Premium
There are a few stations with E85 in CT but not many.

Auto or manual?

OP
OP
SVT-DADDY

SVT-DADDY

World's heaviest S550
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
There are a few stations with E85 in CT but not many.

Auto or manual?
The only place I've been able confirm is in Waterford which is too far away.

I think we discussed a place in Danbury but I can't confirm it.

I am manual

Kahboom

Kahboom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GTPP, Recaros/2014 Explorer Sport 4X4
I went kooks short tubes because of emissions, have 3" connect at the flange 200 cell cats, when emissions comes around I already had my stock header flange welded to one of the cats it's a quick swap. While short tubes also require a carb eo number they let it slide at most places as long as the stock cats are in place and not moved from factory location.

2015 Silver GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT Premium
The only place I've been able confirm is in Waterford which is too far away.

I think we discussed a place in Danbury but I can't confirm it.

I am manual
Yes I remember that conversation now.

Have you addressed the shifter and fluids with the manual?

OP
OP
SVT-DADDY

SVT-DADDY

World's heaviest S550
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Yes I remember that conversation now.

Have you addressed the shifter and fluids with the manual?
Still using the stock shifter but I changed the tranny fluid to BG. Big upgrade over the stock fluid.

Sponsored
OP
OP
SVT-DADDY

SVT-DADDY

World's heaviest S550
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
I went kooks short tubes because of emissions, have 3" connect at the flange 200 cell cats, when emissions comes around I already had my stock header flange welded to one of the cats it's a quick swap. While short tubes also require a carb eo number they let it slide at most places as long as the stock cats are in place and not moved from factory location.
Did you notice any gains with the short tubes?

Kahboom

Kahboom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes as claimed it's 3-5hp difference between kooks 1 7/8" short tubes with 3" connect cat delete vs 1 7/8" long tube. It's a nice bump in power. Sounds like long tubes and feels the same. Stock headers are restrictive. If I lived in a state where I didn't have emissions to worry about I would just do long tubes. Kooks also coated them for free when I got the headers. I did have to get engine mounts to lower the engine to make them fit the driver side one tube goes around the steering shaft. It was worth the effort to get them.

Terminator2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Yes as claimed it's 3-5hp difference between kooks 1 7/8" short tubes with 3" connect cat delete vs 1 7/8" long tube. It's a nice bump in power. Sounds like long tubes and feels the same. Stock headers are restrictive. If I lived in a state where I didn't have emissions to worry about I would just do long tubes. Kooks also coated them for free when I got the headers. I did have to get engine mounts to lower the engine to make them fit the driver side one tube goes around the steering shaft. It was worth the effort to get them.
Short tube headers don't sound like long tubes. That's like saying a French horn sounds like a trumpet.

Kahboom

Kahboom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not really true, JBA shorties and bbk shorties don't sound anything like long tubes. Kooks shorties with the 3" connect sound pretty close. I've had JBA shorties and heard bbk shorties which sound nothing like the kooks shorties. There routed similar to a long tube then cut with a wide opening where the cats connect.

OP
OP
SVT-DADDY

SVT-DADDY

World's heaviest S550
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase