Sponsored

Any Non-Intercooled Centrifugal kits yet?

OP
OP

Condor1970

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
This thread is somewhat quiet now, but we are testing our non-intercooled supercharger kit at the moment, based on a Rotrex head unit. Maximum boost is 5psi, so the intake temperatures are not that high and the kit should be good for about 600hp at the crank, but dyno testing is in two weeks.

The kit has more than 2000 miles of street testing on it, and works perfectly. A temperature sensor right in front of the throttle body makes sure that the ECU has the correct IAT information. We can’t speak for the pre 2018 model, but on the DI gen3 the stock spark maps work without any sign of knock. The purpose of the kit was to come up with the most cost effective power adder for the European market. Yes, you gain more power with more boost and an IC, but not everyone needs or wants 700+ hp.
Exactly!!! I don't really want 700+ HP. I just want somewhere in the vicinity of 550-600HP without needing to go full bolt-on, and exhaust rebuilds. This would be more than enough power to do everything I want to do.

My only questions would be...

1. What about temps for longer term use/stress on a track?

2. Longer term reliability and maintenance?

3. Overall effect on fuel efficiency for normal driving?
Sponsored

Jackson1320

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaxson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
Exactly!!! I don't really want 700+ HP. I just want somewhere in the vicinity of 550-600HP without needing to go full bolt-on, and exhaust rebuilds. This would be more than enough power to do everything I want to do.

I’m sorry but this is just worthless. For the money you are going to put into this kit you can easily get a gen3 to 550whp

FluiX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT

Glad that some people think the same way :)

1. So far, we have not encountered any temperature related issues. We have relocated the IAT sensor ahead of the throttle body, so we have exact knowledge of the temperatuers going into the engine and can control spark accordingly. So since you will run less spark advance than with the NA setup, you do not stress the engine more from the IAT. Of course, as with any power adder, you do stress the engine more due to the higher forces that create the torque, at least when you use it.

2. Maintainance of the engine doesn't change. We do recommend 5W50 fully synthetic oil and lower temp spark plugs (which are included in the kit). For the head unit, you need to change the oil and filter in it every 50,000 miles.

3. On an EU spec car, the fuel consumption compared the NA tune will not change (EU cars run too low of a stoichiometry for E5 gasoline, and we change that in the tune). On a US spec car, you will see an increase of around 5% in fuel consumption. At least as long as you use the car in the same manner as before ;)

FluiX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I’m sorry but this is just worthless. For the money you are going to put into this kit you can easily get a gen3 to 550whp
If you have access to E85 then I completely agree, at least with crank hp. In Europe we mostly do not have E85 at gas stations. Without E85, you will have a tough time reaching 550 crank hp with headers, CAI & tune. Not to mention whp. With compcams camshafts and the GT350 intake and throttle you will be right there, however, you will trade the power for torque with those additional add-ons. Once you go into camshafts, the driving characteristics completely change. With the low boost supercharger kit, the car drives like stock, just with more power.

OP
OP

Condor1970

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
If you have access to E85 then I completely agree, at least with crank hp. In Europe we mostly do not have E85 at gas stations. Without E85, you will have a tough time reaching 550 crank hp with headers, CAI & tune. Not to mention whp. With compcams camshafts and the GT350 intake and throttle you will be right there, however, you will trade the power for torque with those additional add-ons. Once you go into camshafts, the driving characteristics completely change. With the low boost supercharger kit, the car drives like stock, just with more power.
I live in WA state. Here in the PacNW, we do not have a lot of E85 available. It is around, but not at every station. I've stuck to running 92 Octane, since it is common everywhere. I do daily drive my car, and always thought it would be nice to figure out a way to approach 600HP without having to get a custom tune. Custom tunes can tend to create more problems than solutions. Not that a good tune isn't worth it. The only thing that would be nice is to get more torque at low to mid RPM in the 2,000-3,500rpm range. It's hard to do with this engine.

Do you guys have a website?

FluiX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I live in WA state. Here in the PacNW, we do not have a lot of E85 available. It is around, but not at every station. I've stuck to running 92 Octane, since it is common everywhere. I do daily drive my car, and always thought it would be nice to figure out a way to approach 600HP without having to get a custom tune. Custom tunes can tend to create more problems than solutions. Not that a good tune isn't worth it. The only thing that would be nice is to get more torque at low to mid RPM in the 2,000-3,500rpm range. It's hard to do with this engine.

Do you guys have a website?
This kit includes a validated tune, which you would need to flash on the vehicle. So in that sense it’s not custom, but you can’t run the OEM settings.
This kit really starts working from 3500 RPM. Below that, you won’t notice a big difference. In that case, if you don’t want to go with a more expensive and powerful screw type supercharger, we recommend a 4.09 final gear ratio. That you always notice :)
We do have a website, but the supercharger kit is not listed yet: www.FluiX.de
Sponsored