OP
PamAndJim

PamAndJim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang
This.

My workout is two separate routines, done twice (each) per week.

Day 1:
Kettlebell one-arm swing (2 sets per arm, 30 reps each set)
Kettlebell one-arm clean (2 sets per arm, 20 reps each set)
Kettlebell one-arm push press (3 sets per arm, 20 reps each set)
Kettlebell two-arm swing (I use two kettlebells, 2 sets, 15 reps each set)
Kettlebell windmill (3 sets per arm, 15 reps per set)
Kettlebell double jerk (3 sets, 10 reps per set)
Kettlebell bottoms-up clean from the hang position (3 sets per arm, 20 reps)
Kettlebell goblet squat (6 sets, 10 reps)
Kettlebell hand-to-hand swing (1 set, 60 reps)

Day 2:
Kettlebell hand-to-hand swing (1 set, 60 reps)
Kettlebell two-arm clean (3 sets, 15 reps each set)
Kettlebell alternating push press (3 sets, 40 reps each set)
Kettlebell one-arm snatch (3 sets per arm, 20 reps per set)
Kettlebell front squats (3 sets, 10 reps)
Kettlebell one-legged deadlift (2 sets per leg, 10 reps)
Kettlebell figure eight (3 sets, 15 reps)
Kettlebell double jerk (3 sets, 10 reps)
Kettlebell hand-to-hand swing (2 sets, 30 reps)

Do that with a Fitbit on, and you'll be amazed at how high your heartrate gets, and how much you're burning. Just make sure you hit the protein hard, or you'll lose muscle mass with the fat.

JR
After reading up on kettlebells, I am intrigued. It sounds like they'd give me a good mix of strength and cardio. I'd love to be able to say that I could do everything you listed, but I don't think I'd be able to squeeze it into the small window of time I have. Any idea what a condensed version of your program might look like? Basically I have 30, maybe 45 minutes 3 days/week that I can work out at the office.
Sponsored

tcman54

Stanghead
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Terry
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah number one thing to drop weight was sugar, it was staggering how much weight I lost by cutting out all sugars.

My number one vice was pancakes and syrup every other breakfast and for snacks all the time was cookies. I stopped drinking soda years ago.

Terry

Shouldhavegotthegt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT 2014 Ram 1500 RCSB 4x4
Diet is 90% of looking good. You can workout all day and do miles of cardio but if you eat like garbage, you'll still look bad. To me diet is the hardest part. The gym is easy. It's not too hard to find 60-90 minutes 5-6 times a week. It's the other 23 hours that I worry about. So many temptations all around.

Looking good is a lifestyle change. It's all about sacrifice and dedication. If it were easy, everyone would look. But it's easy to sit in the couch. It's easy to hit up McDonald's. Don't be like everyone else.

Nick

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.trackstangs.com
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
I was able to increase all my weights on my Heavy Chest workout today. Always a good feeling for a Monday!

OP
OP
PamAndJim

PamAndJim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang
Yeah number one thing to drop weight was sugar, it was staggering how much weight I lost by cutting out all sugars.

My number one vice was pancakes and syrup every other breakfast and for snacks all the time was cookies. I stopped drinking soda years ago.

Terry
That's what I did to drop the weight that I have so far. I cut out sugar and carbs. No sweets, no pasta, bread, etc. I generally eat something small every two hours. I also drink 2 64oz cups of water each day. I do think I need to add some more veggies and maybe some fruit.

Sponsored

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
That's what I did to drop the weight that I have so far. I cut out sugar and carbs. No sweets, no pasta, bread, etc. I generally eat something small every two hours. I also drink 2 64oz cups of water each day. I do think I need to add some more veggies and maybe some fruit.
Well - carbs are essential if you want to have energy for workouts. Not enough carbs - you'll start loosing muscle mass. If you do physical activity, diet has to be balanced and that means, it has to have carbs. Just good quality, rich in fiber and very low on sugar.

daltron

Rowing All Day
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
Carbs are fine, you just need to remember the principles of nutrient timing for dieting, i.e. your carbs around your workout window. I found when low carb dieting (that could mean anything for anyone, but in my case 20-50g of carbs after fiber NOT including workout drink) that drinking Biotest Plazma right before and during my workout gave me tons of energy.

NowInSixth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black,Sixth Gen, GT, Bad Arse
While it has been a loooong time, I used to lift a lot in high school and even competed in some power lifting conditions. So, I do understand the importance of form.
Gotcha. I just worry when people say something like weight loss and then everyone instantly says, "GO SQUAT AND DEADLIFT". LOL It's not for everyone.

OP
OP
PamAndJim

PamAndJim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang
Well - carbs are essential if you want to have energy for workouts. Not enough carbs - you'll start loosing muscle mass. If you do physical activity, diet has to be balanced and that means, it has to have carbs. Just good quality, rich in fiber and very low on sugar.
Yeah, I figured once I started working out again I'd need to reintroduce some carbs. My thought is to eat something before I work out. Any suggestions? I was thinking maybe a piece of fruit or some oatmeal.

jacknifetoaswan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Mustang GT Premium Performance Pack
After reading up on kettlebells, I am intrigued. It sounds like they'd give me a good mix of strength and cardio. I'd love to be able to say that I could do everything you listed, but I don't think I'd be able to squeeze it into the small window of time I have. Any idea what a condensed version of your program might look like? Basically I have 30, maybe 45 minutes 3 days/week that I can work out at the office.
Actually, if you're in relatively decent cardiovascular shape, and have any experience lifting weights, once you get the movements down, you should be able to get through this entire routine in 45 minutes or less. That's about how long it takes me, and I've been doing this about six months. You really want to concentrate on keeping your break periods short, as that keeps your heart rate high, and maximizes aerobic function.

That's the real beauty of kettlebells - you can work out for short periods of time, but really see results. Remember, 3 workouts a week is better than 0 workouts per week!

JR
Sponsored