Sponsored

Another 'What exhaust should I get' Active Exhaust Edition

Diocletian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Orange Fury Mustang GT Premium A10 w/ PP1.
Let me start off by saying, yes I have looked through various threads here, though most don't fully address those with the active exhaust options or the threads are all over the place.

To help narrow down what I'm looking for, here's my criteria:

1. Money is no object, but if I dont have to spend $2200 on a cat-back exhaust to get the sound I want I would be happy

2. Don't care what gives the most power, any HP gain IS good though

3. Looking for a louder tone, more bass/no drone preferred!

Suggestions I compiled so far:

1. The high dollar option: Borla S-type Cat-back

2. Resonator delete + X-pipe

3. Corsa Extreme Cat-back

4. H pipe?

Any and all suggestions are great, especially if sound clips are provided! Hopefully this thread will help other active exhaust owners as well!

Thanks!
Sponsored

Texas_5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
Let me start off by saying, yes I have looked through various threads here, though most don't fully address those with the active exhaust options or the threads are all over the place.

To help narrow down what I'm looking for, here's my criteria:

1. Money is no object, but if I dont have to spend $2200 on a cat-back exhaust to get the sound I want I would be happy

2. Don't care what gives the most power, any HP gain IS good though

3. Looking for a louder tone, more bass/no drone preferred!

Suggestions I compiled so far:

1. The high dollar option: Borla S-type Cat-back

2. Resonator delete + X-pipe

3. Corsa Extreme Cat-back

4. H pipe?

Any and all suggestions are great, especially if sound clips are provided! Hopefully this thread will help other active exhaust owners as well!

Thanks!
I just had the Borla ATAK installed and Normal now sounds like the stock Track setting and Track is nice and loud! I haven’t experienced any drone on the highway either. A10 trans

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
Corsa Xtreme sound amazing if staying stock. However, if considering going LTH I would say look at Corsa Sport. ARH also makes a good sound sounding system that you can look at to do LTH and cat back together.

DuRsT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 - 2006 GT Convertible
I would think that the Reso delete + Track setting should be relatively loud with the stock mufflers.

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
I would think that the Reso delete + Track setting should be relatively loud with the stock mufflers.
X pipe replacing the resonator on stock muffler has a bit of a tinny tone to it. But definitely increases the volume a little.

Sponsored

DuRsT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X pipe replacing the resonator on stock muffler has a bit of a tinny tone to it. But definitely increases the volume a little.
I've seen this regurgitated several times on the forum but have never heard it myself.

Maybe there is a difference between the years, but my '19 stang with an Xpipe on stock mufflers sounds anything but tinny.

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
I've seen this regurgitated several times on the forum but have never heard it myself.

Maybe there is a difference between the years, but my '19 stang with an Xpipe on stock mufflers sounds anything but tinny.
I personally say it only because it was the first thing exhaust related I did on my 18. Lasted a few weeks, liked the mild step up on volume but not the tone. Moved on from there.

DuRsT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I personally say it only because it was the first thing exhaust related I did on my 18. Lasted a few weeks, liked the mild step up on volume but not the tone. Moved on from there.
Sounds like a preference thing. I've got 2700 miles on my reso delete/xpipe and like it enough that I'm in no hurry whatsoever to change it. Has a nice deep tone and extremely livable on the highway, normal volume convo's are easily had. Have been asked on multiple occasions what exhaust I'm running on it, and I had a shop do it for $108 including tax, didn't even have to pull out the jackstands.

The only thing I'm actually looking at doing is adding active exhaust if possible to my car with a stock muffler setup and retaining my current xpipe. Hopefully best of all worlds.

OP
OP
Diocletian

Diocletian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Been hearing an H pipe would give me a slightly louder/bassier tone as well, I need to see if there are any sound clups. I'm not going LTHs but I think the Corsa Sport over the Track is also a good option

Edit: The AWE Touring cat back is actually perfect, though it doesn't work with the active valve system, but they can provide a bracket to secure the motors so the ECU doesn't freak out if they're missing...hmmm

DuRsT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Been hearing an H pipe would give me a slightly louder/bassier tone as well, I need to see if there are any sound clups. I'm not going LTHs but I think the Corsa Sport over the Track is also a good option

Edit: The AWE Touring cat back is actually perfect, though it doesn't work with the active valve system, but they can provide a bracket to secure the motors so the ECU doesn't freak out if they're missing...hmmm
I wouldn't personally let go of the AE functionality but that is definitely your call bud.

You can just disable the AE with Forscan and not have to have the actuators still hanging on the bottom of the car. Then you can send them to me with your stock exhaust.....hmm I changed my mind, you definitely need to go with Corsa Sport or AWE :)

Sponsored

MustangPP1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang gt
On my 2018 mustang gt, i was running an MRT H pipe connected to corsa extreme active mufflers. Was good amount of volume, deep, no drone. Added 1 7/8 Kooks Catted Headers, raspier sound now in high rpms, still maintains deep bass tone at lower rpms. Loud when you want it and dead silent when you want it. And I mean dead silent.

OP
OP
Diocletian

Diocletian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So after extensive research and sound comparison videos, even going as far as to listen to them on multiple types of speakers/headphones in an attempt to get the best representation of them, here are my top 3:

The cheap:
H-pipe. Deeper, slightly louder tone. Any performance gain is minor, but can increase torque down low. Seems to be a good starting point as it's easy to install.

The "best bang for the buck":
AWE Touring cat-back. Amazing sound, great finish, and only $1500-$1700. Gets a mark off for not having an active exhaust option however(at least they offer a bracket to mount the actuators too).

The Supreme:
Borla ATAK cat-back w/ carbon fiber tips. Has everything I want. Best sound, look, fitment, active exhaust compatible. This is definitely where I want to end up, but at $2700 it is one hell of a hit to the wallet. It's one I'll keep my eye on for the future for sure.

Ghost50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Magnetic Metallic GT PP1
I had a Steeda h-pipe in stock mufflers for most of my 9000 miles until this weekend.

Upgraded to Borla Atak with the black chrome tips. I don’t have active exhaust but I believe they’re only a bit higher by a couple hundred vs my non active. I paid $1650 installed.

Like you I wanted deeper tone. That’s what drew me to the Atak’s. Eventually I may have a custom h pipe made to run with them.

armykyle1 [HACKED ACCOUNT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP premium
The x-pipe is a fantastic upgrade. Personally my favorite sounding exhaust I've ever heard on any coyote car. I then ruined mine with catless headers lol. I added bullet mufflers and it's better again.

Personally all the aftermarket options to me are way beyond any justified price. The only only upgrade needed is the tips...

StangSteve

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Velocity Blue GT Premium
Has anyone installed the flowmaster outlaw with active exhaust? I know its loud but how is it in quiet and normal? Drone? can you hold a conversation in cabin? Trying to find a vid of the different modes
Sponsored