Another S550 or should I wait?

Prymetime1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT/CS,
my CS in Shadow black makes me smile every time. :) have you seen the shadow black in person under good sun? there's some deep blue metallic in there that gives it a unique look. as much as i love colors, this works... its keeping it clean that sucks. Im with the others.. Do it.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Kashawy

Kashawy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Khaled
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO Mustang GT, 2012 Black Golf GTi
The V8 is great, but otoh Mustang is a large barge compared to a Z.
That's true. But I don't wanna wait for the Z to come out only to be disappointed, then I'd have to wait for another 6 months for a Mustang to arrive. As I mentioned earlier, I did try the 370Z in 2015 and it was a fun car, don't get me wrong, but there's a reason why I ended up with a Mustang, and I loved it!

I patiently waited for the new Z. True on the weight diff, but when looking deeper the new Z does NOT have better brakes (Akebono 4 piston), no adaptive susp like Magneride, no Recaro option, and I'm still betting our 460hp Coyote pulls harder than the VR30DDTT's 400hp. So, the Perf Pack GT, Mach 1, etc I bet still is the better performance buy at the similar price level.
You bring up very good points and I have to agree with you.

my CS in Shadow black makes me smile every time. :) have you seen the shadow black in person under good sun? there's some deep blue metallic in there that gives it a unique look. as much as i love colors, this works... its keeping it clean that sucks. Im with the others.. Do it.
I was completely set on a black Mustang I just dunno how it would look with the CS package. I barely see any shadow Black around, let alone CS, but I would love to see more pictures of your car! Keep in mind though, the CS in Australia is different. Different grille, badges etc. Unless I'm mistaken.

Last edited:

ZeroTX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ZERO
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
If I were to order one now, itā€™ll be at least August before itā€™s here.

I never usually buy cars at the end of their lifecycle but I canā€™t find anything else that makes me feel the same way like the Mustang.
I felt similarly, but I really love the S550, so I just decided to go for it. I have no idea if I'll even like the S650 or whether the price will go up so much that it's out of reach, as they seem to be creeping up and up and up. What used to be an affordable car to the average 20-something person (Mustang GT) is now quite a hardship and unrealistic for many until older age (which is why the market has shifted older).

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
I patiently waited for the new Z. True on the weight diff, but when looking deeper the new Z does NOT have better brakes (Akebono 4 piston), no adaptive susp like Magneride, no Recaro option, and I'm still betting our 460hp Coyote pulls harder than the VR30DDTT's 400hp. So, the Perf Pack GT, Mach 1, etc I bet still is the better performance buy at the similar price level.
When you have so much less mass you simply get the same effect and results with less hardware.

trackd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
August
Vehicle(s)
19 GT PP2 (SOLD), 73 240Z RB26DETT
When you have so much less mass you simply get the same effect and results with less hardware.
Well the new Z Performance trim is listed as over 3500 lbs, so not much lighter actually.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Kashawy

Kashawy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Khaled
Vehicle(s)
I felt similarly, but I really love the S550, so I just decided to go for it. I have no idea if I'll even like the S650 or whether the price will go up so much that it's out of reach, as they seem to be creeping up and up and up. What used to be an affordable car to the average 20-something person (Mustang GT) is now quite a hardship and unrealistic for many until older age (which is why the market has shifted older).
Sad but true unfortunately. Especially here in Australia, not cheap, and a pain in the ass to order any American vehicles. Hell, they donā€™t even have Chrysler, Dodge or Chevy, not to mention most of the trucks!

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
I was completely set on a black Mustang I just dunno how it would look with the CS package. I barely see any shadow Black around, let alone CS, but I would love to see more pictures of your car! Keep in mind though, the CS in Australia is different. Different grill, badges etc. Unless I'm mistaken.
Well it looks like your CS is going to look like ours. :like: :)

https://www.ford.com.au/performance/mustang/

Nice wallpaper too.

aham23

FPC 5.2
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 FJG Mach 1 w/ HP
Not waiting here. M1 on order. No ragrets. Yet. :)

OP
OP
Kashawy

Kashawy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Khaled
Vehicle(s)

Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
Is that the one you get in the US? I thought the front grille looks different, as well as the badging and wheels. Or was that the previous CS?

What wallpaper are you talking about btw? šŸ˜…
Nope. that is yours. First time it seems. I think it would be awesome for you to get one.

The wallpaper is on your Ford website.

Screen Shot 2022-02-25 at 11.19.16 AM.png

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Personally if I had the money, which I donā€™t. I think Iā€™d wait for s650. S550 will be cheaper

OP
OP
Kashawy

Kashawy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Khaled
Vehicle(s)
By the way, didn't realize you folks didn't get the GT/CS before this year. A one year special. Grab it now!!!

https://www.musclecarsandtrucks.com/mustang-gt-california-special-heading-to-australia/
I dunno which color! šŸ˜“

I hate this. Took me months to decide I wanted Triple Yellow for my previous 2015, and then 1 week before delivery I saw Competition Orange and I was like thatā€™s it!

I initially wanted Shadow Black but Iā€™m not sure about how it looks with the off center badging and the wheels.

Maybe Atlas Blue like the pictures? Never had a blue car before. I donā€™t think I like Grabber Blue on the body of the S550. Not sure! Iā€™m going to the dealer next week so I need to know by then šŸ˜“šŸ˜“

ZeroTX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ZERO
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Maybe Atlas Blue like the pictures? Never had a blue car before. I donā€™t think I like Grabber Blue on the body of the S550. Not sure! Iā€™m going to the dealer next week so I need to know by then šŸ˜“šŸ˜“
I absolutely love the Grabber on my '22. But it's also the only really interesting color option we have for '22. I don't understand all the white/gray/silver cars. Same color as a Lexus? Meh.

1645806337959.png

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
I dunno which color! šŸ˜“

I hate this. Took me months to decide I wanted Triple Yellow for my previous 2015, and then 1 week before delivery I saw Competition Orange and I was like thatā€™s it!

I initially wanted Shadow Black but Iā€™m not sure about how it looks with the off center badging and the wheels.

That's easy.......Think California, think beach. I understand you have a few of those down under. :giggle:

GT/CS look best in lighter tones. Especially the vert. Iconic Silver, Oxford White, Yellow Peel (if that is a 22' color) and my all time favorite, Grabber Blue. I keep thinking of trading in my OW 19' but cannot justify the cost just for color.

IMG_3279.jpeg
Sponsored