Sponsored

Another day, another tune update!!!

Roidrage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.3L Ecoboost Mustang with PP
Hey guys, I'm planning on getting a downpipe soon to add some more GO on the Ecostang. Do you guys recommend Catted or Catless? Also, what kinda additional power can I expect from the DP (catted vs. catless).

Thanks!
Sponsored

OP
OP
Livernois Motorsports

Livernois Motorsports

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.livernoismotorsports.com
First Name
S550 HQ
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT (TVS 2650) (6R80)
Hey guys, I'm planning on getting a downpipe soon to add some more GO on the Ecostang. Do you guys recommend Catted or Catless? Also, what kinda additional power can I expect from the DP (catted vs. catless).

Thanks!
We cannot speak for anyone else's parts, but there is only a 1-3 hp difference between our race catted dp's and non catted. For us it is a no brainer to go with out race catted Thunderstorm DP, because you could never feel that small of a power difference. Just let me know whenever you are ready and I will get you pricing on it! :thumbsup:

willmkent

'Twas sure good see'in ya
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost PP
If I add the down pipe, what can I expect to add to my current setup? I also want an intercooler so I will probably be seeing that in the very close future!

Thanks Jamie

OP
OP
Livernois Motorsports

Livernois Motorsports

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
First Name
S550 HQ
Vehicle(s)
If I add the down pipe, what can I expect to add to my current setup? I also want an intercooler so I will probably be seeing that in the very close future!

Thanks Jamie
The DP and tune for the DP will add 10-14hp/tq.

stang77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0
Livernois borrowed my 2015Mustang and ran 6 dyno pulls, calibrating V7 for me.
I am pleased with the results:

2015 Mustang PP with MAPerformance catless downpipe and exhaust, and Livernois V7 chip and thermostat, UPR dual feed oil catch can, Forgestar & Nitto Invo 19x11 325's, 19x10 285's.
Nice numbers. How difficult is it to install the T Stat on these cars? I can't fine anything on you tube for it?

Sponsored

OP
OP
Livernois Motorsports

Livernois Motorsports

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
First Name
S550 HQ
Vehicle(s)
How difficult is it to install the T Stat on these cars?
Take the intake tube off, remove the hose to the thermostat housing outlet. You will lose about a quart of antifreeze from that. Then remove the two 8mm bolts holding the housing outlet on. Once you pop out the stock thermostat you will lose another quart to half gallon of antifreeze. Put it back together in the reverse order. Let the engine run with the cap to the overflow tank off after I topped it off for about 15 minutes to get the air out. Just keep an eye on it and the temp gauge. After that take it for a quick drive then shut it down and let it cool completely. At that point you will see if you need to top it off.

stang77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0
Take the intake tube off, remove the hose to the thermostat housing outlet. You will lose about a quart of antifreeze from that. Then remove the two 8mm bolts holding the housing outlet on. Once you pop out the stock thermostat you will lose another quart to half gallon of antifreeze. Put it back together in the reverse order. Let the engine run with the cap to the overflow tank off after I topped it off for about 15 minutes to get the air out. Just keep an eye on it and the temp gauge. After that take it for a quick drive then shut it down and let it cool completely. At that point you will see if you need to top it off.
Seems pretty straight forward. Do you have any dyno charts that shows hp/tq numbers for the V7 tune? The reason I am asking is because I want to move over to Livernois. I just wasn't sure how much power I would get based on my current build.

Dirtleg

BoostCreep
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
15' EB Prem PP, 07' GT (track Car), 01' RC51, 16" S1000XR
Hi Ya'll. ;) Just got my tuner/tunes yesterday. Thanks for he assistance Jaimie and your tuning department for the super fast turnaround.

Sadly it's been raining constantly since yesterday morning (unusual here) so I haven't been able to verify how much different it is. Driveability is improved but very sedate and stock like at low throttle inputs which is good. It invokes the feeling the engine is larger than it is.

While accelerating onto the highway this morning I was easy on it until 3rd gear and 55 mph. Then I rolled into it and it very easily spun the tires and stepped out on me. :) I can already tell there is a significant increase in torque. Can't wait to feel it on a dry road.

So I am already pleased with the changes I've been able to notice and I'm sure I'll be grinning big time once I can experience the full effect. As others have said many times I should have done this a long time ago.

willmkent

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost PP
good to hear man! give us an update once you hit dry pavement

Skenneyjr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost 6MT, PP, recaros
So let me get this straight....as the tune is improved or I modify the car, Livernois will update my tune...FREE....?!
How hard is it to switch between tunes? Or go back to stock? Can the livernois tuner do datalogging or display more parameters?

Sponsored

willmkent

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost PP
So let me get this straight....as the tune is improved or I modify the car, Livernois will update my tune...FREE....?!
How hard is it to switch between tunes? Or go back to stock? Can the livernois tuner do datalogging or display more parameters?
They will tune for updates as you need them. Yes can you switch tunes and it only takes a few minutes to do so at any time you want, lastly yes, you can go back to stock if you need to

rgingo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang 2.3T/Auto/50-yr/FRT
They will tune for updates as you need them. Yes can you switch tunes and it only takes a few minutes to do so at any time you want, lastly yes, you can go back to stock if you need to
I am also thinking of going with the Livernois tune after months of research. One question which I couldn't get a straight answer for: I like usung the driving modes (especially for when my wife drives and/or slippery roads. As I understand it, your tune replaces the stock tune, bur the driving modes still perform as before (with improved power of course). Some other tuning options seem to only work in "Normal" driving mode, making "Sport+" or "Track" modes useless (won't use the new tune). Anyone with a clear idea how the modes behave after the Livernois tune? :headbonk:

Dirtleg

BoostCreep
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
15' EB Prem PP, 07' GT (track Car), 01' RC51, 16" S1000XR
good to hear man! give us an update once you hit dry pavement
Today, about 3 hours into my drive to Columbus Ohio it finally stopped raining. So my first roughly 300 tuned miles were in the wet. Prior to finding dry ground I had a guy in an EVO make a point of showing the advantages of all wheel drive on a freeway on ramp. He was riding my butt. I gunned it once in third and it just fishtailed. Fun but not really smart. So I backed off. Oh well.

I managed to get one good pull getting back onto the highway with dry pavement and WoW. I am really looking forward to getting some more seat time with this. Feels so much stronger and the top end pull is what you would expect it to be.

So yes another happy customer.

magnetic5oh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vadim
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Not sure if this has already been covered but do you guys have a Steeda ProFlow specific tune out yet? I have a GT Auto with the Steeda intake and want to get a tuner that will let me run it with the constrictor removed.
Sponsored