Anthony

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Can't respond
Exactly! It's no where near gutted and certainly not a fully built drag car. Lots of safety upgrades but its still more street car than race car.I think it's fantastic and can't wait to see how it progresses.:headbang:
Um, the complete heat and ac system was removed.

That car got the roll bar they offered to me, I passed on it.

The gas tank was removed

Aerospace brakes are NOT intended for the street. They warp QUICK.

Air bags are gone and all the wiring

Kirkey alum seats

K member

Race only bumpers. Have you ever seen what they look like? I'm guessing not

Removed all the sound deadner, AND there's A LOT in these cars.

There is a lot of parts and wiring missing from that car. It's gutted imo

Livernois went 11.81 with a tune, tires, unhooked catback and passenger seat removed.

Not impressed one bit with 11.77 sorry.

Gutted car, bigger turbo, bigger better intercooler, custom exhaust, JLT intake.

Something is WAY wrong that it only went that fast.

He's on the right track, has a ton of badass parts and tech and guys working on it but something is not right

There's gotta be 2 seconds hiding in that converter at least

Last edited:

Sponsored

TheZman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 392 Challenger Scat Pack
^ I am more impressed with Livernois myself with little Mods they did to achieve the 11.8.. Most important factor is the quality of the Tune i agree with all that his car should have been alot faster then 11.7!! Give it time.. 5 years these things will be way into the 10's..

Evil87GN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 TY EB auto
The gas tank was removed
Kirkey alum seats
K member

Livernois went 11.81 with a tune, tires, unhooked catback and passenger seat removed.
Gutted car, bigger turbo, bigger better intercooler, custom exhaust, JLT intake.
He's on the right track, has a ton of badass parts and tech and guys working on it but something is not right
There's gotta be 2 seconds hiding in that converter at least
You also forgot to mention the trap speed in this little harangue of yours. 11.77 @ 117mph..LMS ran what, 108 on their hail mary pass? That trap speed means there is a LOT of ET left in the car, most of it in needing a better converter/more trans tuning. If I had to take a stab at it, I say it will be the first EBM in the 10's once they figure out the stall/trans issue.

Evil87GN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 TY EB auto
^ I am more impressed with Livernois myself with little Mods they did to achieve the 11.8.. Most important factor is the quality of the Tune i agree with all that his car should have been alot faster then 11.7!! Give it time.. 5 years these things will be way into the 10's..
Stock converter held the car back, especially with the larger turbo. I fought with the same issue with 2 of my Buicks. They would lag, lag, then once the rpms built enough, boost and hang on..lol. Once I got a proper stall behind them, it was near zero lag and chopped almost a second off my ET due to being able to launch under boost + keeping engine rpms where they needed to be. That car, with a good stall/more trans tuning, will be an animal.

tittermary

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You also forgot to mention the trap speed in this little harangue of yours. 11.77 @ 117mph..LMS ran what, 108 on their hail mary pass? That trap speed means there is a LOT of ET left in the car, most of it in needing a better converter/more trans tuning. If I had to take a stab at it, I say it will be the first EBM in the 10's once they figure out the stall/trans issue.

actually they went 115 i belive

OP
OP

Apwrx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic premium PP

The gas tank was removed

Kirkey alum seats

K member

Whatever...there's still to much of the street car there for me to call it a gutted drag car :shrug:it's just me. Get rid of everything but driver controls and a few gauges I call that gutted. I say it's stripped down.
You passed on the roll cage they used....ok...Anyhow this is hardly the et this car will run,and its still stock motor/trans. Which I think is awesome,iam impressed with what it layed down and where it's going.
Livernois run was impressive as well not arguing that but there's already a thread on it. This thread is for this car:cheers:

Sponsored

wproctor411

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 GT
This car had 10 more mph than the LMS and those were the 5 first runs off the trailer, and 10s will happen this racing season, racing teams won't wait 5 years, there is too much money for the aftermarket to wait that long. A mustang is a mustang and the aftermarket is huge and they need teams to put up big numbers.

Like the others have said a new stall converter and more tuning is going to get theme close. A built stroker may be the tipping point. Easy stuff.

TheZman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This car had 10 more mph than the LMS and those were the 5 first runs off the trailer, and 10s will happen this racing season, racing teams won't wait 5 years, there is too much money for the aftermarket to wait that long. A mustang is a mustang and the aftermarket is huge and they need teams to put up big numbers.

Like the others have said a new stall converter and more tuning is going to get theme close. A built stroker may be the tipping point. Easy stuff.
I forgot about that.. hey i do think it was an impressive pass myself and i have no doubt its going to be faster in the future when they get things tightened up.. people are going to bash this car no matter what and come up with every excuse in the world why its running fast.. funny when the V8s are running fast record times no body points out all the mods they have like supercharger, Tune, upgraded injectors, weight reduction,headers,exhaust, DR'Ss and whatever else.. i think the fact that this car runs 12's with just a tune is impressive.. to me a tune really isnt even a mod.. they can give it a better tune from the factory.. its really not adding anything to the car its just making the stock parts run better. I have NO doubt these Turbo 4 Mustangs will be in the 10's in no time.. For me even tho my car wont be a drag queen i know its a great platform for what i wanted.. a fast fun street car.

TheZman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Whatever...there's still to much of the street car there for me to call it a gutted drag car :shrug:it's just me. Get rid of everything but driver controls and a few gauges I call that gutted. I say it's stripped down.
You passed on the roll cage they used....ok...Anyhow this is hardly the et this car will run,and its still stock motor/trans. Which I think is awesome,iam impressed with what it layed down and where it's going.
Livernois run was impressive as well not arguing that but there's already a thread on it. This thread is for this car:cheers:
I agree..:cheers:

wireless

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White Ecoboost Premium
Livernois was trapping 12.6 @ 107.65mph.

Their hail mary pass was around 114-115mph.

mbreinin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Premium.
Anthony is right for once, Livernois' results are much more impressive than this car's results. Of course, there is the issue of sustainability, but that is not what is on the table here. This car is essentially a purpose built drag car. If this car had been running around and running these times before Livernois had run their numbers, I would probably have skipped the EcoBoost as I would have figured it took quite a bit of work to get one into the 11's.

Mike
Sponsored