Sponsored

Another “Should I trade my Ecoboost for a GT” thread...

Alej

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alejandro
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2017 PP+PP2
I have only 4k miles on my 18 EB PP MT and I absolutely love this car. I do have the same thoughts as the OP though on getting a GT at some point. I got such a steal on the car as it is, so economically it makes zero sense to move to the GT. Many times I look down in traffic and realize I'm going 2-6 MPH, so It really doesn't matter if you have a V8, a turbo 4, or a Briggs and Stratton under the hood. I will keep my EB and love it and just wait for something cool that comes along later. Hell... the new Bronco is coming. Not to say that's the same in any way, but geez there are a lot of exciting options out there and as soon as you pick one, you'll be lusting about another.
I completely agree with the sentiment, this is not a logical decision in the end. This is not about being a “V6 or V8 or supercharged asshole” neither like alluded to in previous comments.
According to that logic there are far better, cheaper, efficient and more comfortable options that move perfectly fine at 2-6 MPH, starting with a $50 bicycle.
I’m on the side of “get whatever you can afford or willing to stomach and still enjoy”. Is it 4 cyl? V6? Fine. Is it better than V8? No way. Is the GT350 more awesome than the other options? Heck yes, it gets in the “not comparable anymore” land.
On my side I have a GT and even with the performance addons I can’t lie to myself and say that it is the better of all options... the GT350 and soon GT500 and the supersnakes ARE the better options. I have had the luck to be on the tracks side by side to those and it’s a shivering sight to see how they are just another level.
Am I super happy with the GT? Yes.
Wish I had a GT350? Hell yes.
Can you be happy with the EB? Absolutely. Should you trade? If you have to ask, you should.

GT-SV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT premium
I am not young but only considered a GT when shopping Mustangs. But it’s only a personal preference, for OP to decide on. .

Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang
You aren’t really subtle either. Keep hating.

I’m assuming this is me and is actually a fair point. We are all despicable people by default. That is human nature. What separates us from the rest of the animal kingdom is that we can change our base behaviours and create culture which is an artificial world where good, bad, fairness and justice exist. Everyone will digress from time to time. If one hopefully sees this and corrects their past transgressions then all is good. Money that have could have been spent on a really nice car instead goes to truly worthwhile endeavours in my life to help us all.

People just can’t figure that out given my past. Are humans worth it? My response is to side step it and say I act from a moral imperative. I hope this helps explain my actions.....

Last edited:
OP
OP
Marsalad

Marsalad

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mazda MX-5
I guess I will knock the cobwebs off this thread with an update. Once winter started and the Mustang was put away my search was put on hold. Now spring is here and I was able to find a low-mile 2017 GT PP that fit my budget. It is exactly what I felt was missing from the Ecoboost. The engine pulls hard and sounds great, even with the stock exhaust. I’ll give a shout out to Orleans Ford in Medina NY for the impeccable service.
I’m happy. The end.

Sponsored

Bull Run

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EB Prem PP
I guess I will knock the cobwebs off this thread with an update. Once winter started and the Mustang was put away my search was put on hold. Now spring is here and I was able to find a low-mile 2017 GT PP that fit my budget. It is exactly what I felt was missing from the Ecoboost. The engine pulls hard and sounds great, even with the stock exhaust. I’ll give a shout out to Orleans Ford in Medina NY for the impeccable service.
I’m happy. The end.
Sounds like a perfectly legit reason for trading. Enjoy the ride!

Darkstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1 Oxford White.
I’m happy. The end.
I completely understand. I enjoyed my EB but my GT is just a much better experience. Enjoy your new ride.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Not to hijack this thread, but I agree with you Fatguy. This is a great video to demonstrate what the V6 is capable of:

What’s it capable of? Watched the entire video waiting for something to happen.

ChromaticGrey

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Grey
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP1
Sounds damn good for a v6. Or just in general. Rather have the v6 than an eco personally. Thread is so old i won't bother answering. But yes you should trade the eco for the gt. If you really want to, then it's worth it(you'll know if it doesn't actually matter to you) . There is an unspoken aspect to the difference.

Sponsored

99Zeus99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Performance Pack Whipple Stage 1 Manual
I’m happy. The end.
Nonsense I've been told. A Ferrari with a four cylinder instead of a V12 is just as good or better. You're just being an old so and so :giggle: Congrats on the upgrade.

Ronin5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GTP Stage 1
I’m happy. The end.
Glad you got the car you want. Big difference with the V8, Some appreciate that, some prefer other power plants. Now you need this imho.....
https://www.cjponyparts.com/ford-ra...ar-valance-premium-gt-2015-2017/p/M5200M8SBV/

Anyway, congrats and have fun..
Rear2.jpg

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
I wouldn't have the cohones. To even line up with an interwebs legend like him or blaqhole.