Sponsored

[Anonymous POLL] GT Owners...how much do you make a year?

What is your annual income?

• 0-25k

Votes: 17 2.4%
  • 25k-50k

Votes: 79 11.0%
  • 50k-75k

Votes: 151 21.1%
  • 75k-100k

Votes: 155 21.6%
  • 100k+

Votes: 314 43.9%

• Total voters

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
Everyone's situation is different, so you can't generalize one group.

It always pissed me off when people called me "spoiled" because I still live at home. Just because I live at home doesn't mean I'm spoiled. All it means is a free roof over my head. I have to do other things around the house to help out anyway so it's not like I get a free ride. I have a job so it's not like I'm lazy.

I worked hard to get whatever I wanted without parents help. I help them out a lot because they are up there in age (Hawaii has a HUGE family oriented culture) so it's not unusual to see people my age here still living at home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Good for you in helping out your parents:cheers:
Sponsored

Robinson02

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kody
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black 5.0
Good Lord people! I thought I was doing good but yall make me look bad. 22 years old, 49k/yr. But i do live in Arkansas.

Dosia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Good Lord people! I thought I was doing good but yall make me look bad. 22 years old, 49k/yr. But i do live in Arkansas.
I honestly dont trust this poll. The largest % group is people making over 100 grand? Doubtful

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
I honestly dont trust this poll. The largest % group is people making over 100 grand? Doubtful
Agree...things that make you go hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

GordieBobfish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 6MT, PP, Triple Yellow
Kind of surprised at all of these married people here... I've always thought of the Mustang (or any 2 door, really) as a single person's car. Plus I guess I don't know that many married people to begin with.
I'm not going to share my income but we are married with a 6 year old son, the Mustang was purchased specifically as a fun family car/stress reliever for me.

The wife and I both have 2013 VW Jettas as daily drivers.

Sponsored

Farmundeh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic 2015 GT Premium
Everyone's situation is different, so you can't generalize one group.

It always pissed me off when people called me "spoiled" because I still live at home. Just because I live at home doesn't mean I'm spoiled. All it means is a free roof over my head. I have to do other things around the house to help out anyway so it's not like I get a free ride. I have a job so it's not like I'm lazy.

I worked hard to get whatever I wanted without parents help. I help them out a lot because they are up there in age (Hawaii has a HUGE family oriented culture) so it's not unusual to see people my age here still living at home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nothing wrong with staying home to help take care of your parents at your age. I also come from a big family-themed culture and I'm not a fan of the typical North American mentality that once you hit a certain age you should move out and essentially be detached from your parents. I turn 34 in a couple of months and wish I could move back home to be closer to my parents to help out. What's the rush to move out if you don't have a reason to (e.g. school/career or getting married)? I don't get it.

Clink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus
I think everyone is combining their salary with their wife/husband and would agree, seems off.

JimmyTwoTimes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
What has surprised me is the rare - but existing - sexist attitudes of a few males towards females who drive the GT or any other higher-hp car...as if they can't handle it. :eyebulge: It's the 21st century, FFS. I was blown away to see this displayed either on this forum or another stang forum I perused recently. That's just crazy.:tsk:
I have noticed a lot of this in online automotive forums. And also a lot of homophobia; all of my gay gearhead friends tell me they get TONS of negative commentary online, which is weird because it's not 1958.

JimmyTwoTimes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
I think everyone is combining their salary with their wife/husband and would agree, seems off.
Most people working with limited incomes buy the cars they need. A Mustang is an impractical car that's kind of extravagantly expensive; it doesn't have the economy or cargo capacity or passenger capacity or highway comfort of a Focus hatchback but costs more. People buy Mustangs because they're passionate about cars. People who are passionate about cars but have limited incomes buy used cars, because that makes more financial sense. In order to buy a new "emotional" car, people have to have the type of expendable income that makes that sort of choice sensible.

Looking at early-adopters who bought brand new Mustang GT's the first model year they came out, of course the median income is going to skew higher.

Trackaholic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 350Z, 2016 GT350, 2018 Pacifica Hybrid
Regarding the Mustang and kids, I'm specifically interested in the Mustang because of its rear seats, which will allow me to take the kids around in it. If I didn't have kids I'd be much more interested in a two seater. But due to the children, I don't get to drive my 350z as much as I'd like, instead using my GTI often, which is a somewhat boring car.

I'm really looking forward to getting a GT350 and having an awesome car that I can also take the kids around in.

-T

Sponsored

Blk2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
I am sure a good chunk of the almost 60% reporting over $75k is household income not driver income. I'm still surprised as that is much much higher than the national average.

domingos35

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Currently drive 2005 F-150 STX
This thread is meaningless
How many are inflating what you make ?

DivineStrike

Doomsday
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GTPP, 11 F150 FX4, 07 CBR600RR
Most people working with limited incomes buy the cars they need. A Mustang is an impractical car that's kind of extravagantly expensive; it doesn't have the economy or cargo capacity or passenger capacity or highway comfort of a Focus hatchback but costs more. People buy Mustangs because they're passionate about cars. People who are passionate about cars but have limited incomes buy used cars, because that makes more financial sense. In order to buy a new "emotional" car, people have to have the type of expendable income that makes that sort of choice sensible.

Looking at early-adopters who bought brand new Mustang GT's the first model year they came out, of course the median income is going to skew higher.
Look at Jimmy finally making sense haha [emoji106]

cm5878

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Shelby GT
Because this is the internet, everyone here makes upwards of $250k.

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
This thread is meaningless
How many are inflating what you make ?
Not me. I only reported what I earn and not the wifey.
Sponsored