Jimmy Dean

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
71 mach 1, 82 Bronco, 86 Bronco (dd),
Wtf a ten year loan? jesus. It’s becoming a mortgage almost 🤣
yeah, but right now at 0 or near 0% interest, it's not a bad idea, espeically if you can afford the normal 60mo loan amount, you put the diff into an investment account and make some money off of it
Sponsored

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S6, 2021 Mach 1 'M1985'
yeah, but right now at 0 or near 0% interest, it's not a bad idea, espeically if you can afford the normal 60mo loan amount, you put the diff into an investment account and make some money off of it
Agree. I get the feeling the average 10 year note isn’t quite 0% though lol

Jimmy Dean

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
Agree. I get the feeling the average 10 year note isn’t quite 0% though lol
true enough, I am doing a 7.5 year on the mach, at 1.8%, but doing a personal loan through a family member against an investment account. that almost 400 a month I would save for a standard 60 month 3.5% loan can go into an investment account and net a few extra monthly payments for free by that 5 year mark, in fact, all the interest and some will have been made as a return.

velocityblue5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Stang GT Premium, 22 F150 XLT Sport, 07 Tacoma
true enough, I am doing a 7.5 year on the mach, at 1.8%, but doing a personal loan through a family member against an investment account. that almost 400 a month I would save for a standard 60 month 3.5% loan can go into an investment account and net a few extra monthly payments for free by that 5 year mark, in fact, all the interest and some will have been made as a return.
that’s low. my 5 year is 1.99 and that’s a credit union and lowest i found for a 5 year.

Jimmy Dean

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
that’s low. my 5 year is 1.99 and that’s a credit union and lowest i found for a 5 year.
you can get super low interest against an existing semi-liquid account that the money is actually there. they're getting .9%, and I am returning double, they do not actually have to pull any money out, it is a true loan, so they'll make a little money, 4k over 7.5 years...chump change comparatively, but free money with no risk for them.

Sponsored

Mazman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PP1 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
My daily is an EV and it’s just great for daily stuff! No need to wait for oils to warm up can hammer it from get go :D. The acceleration even for a slow EV is great in regular traffic.

It heats the interior in short time, it has a lot of space, obviously very quiet, I can “fuel it up” at home for 1.57SEK/kWh (at the moment) for reference 95 octane is 18SEK/L at the moment

But the one I have is very boring :D, I have been very close to order a BMW I5 M50 or a Kia EV 6 GT but none of them will come until late 2022 :(.

ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Tempo, Ford Mustang,FFR,Crown vic.
Sorry guys, but lets face it, The v6 and 4cyl turbo's are as fast or faster than most of the halo 64-71 muscle cars.
With automakers needing to meet cafe. There is no good reason for a v8 powerhouse, when the same car with a simple electric motor will spank it into next week.
The problem with those of us that are car guys/gals is we say one thing then when it is time to put up,and put our money where your mouth was, we fail. Then the producer of the vehicle only hears crickets and lack luster sales.
Everyone can claim, they never give up their ice v8. Fact is, if the ev model spanks it. You will change your tune.
If Ford today put a mustang coupe on the dealers lots that did 0-60 in 2.8 seconds and the 1/4 mile in 10.9 handled like on rails, and they piped in a v8 exhaust with a nice lope.
You'd kick the ice habit asap.
Range is not an issue for many as they don't drive their ice v8 mustangs 250 miles in one go much if ever.

Face it you are never hooking 480hp on the public roads with street tires. Hp ratings has become a dick measuring contest. You can't side step the clutch at 5300 rpm and it hook and go. you can't do that at 3500 rpm if you took and turned off the "torque management"
That said, it is awesome you can roll into a dealership and roll out with 450+hp under your right foot. But come on, I saw this coming a decade ago. The oem's producing stupid high hp v8's then claiming they can't meet this regulation and that one. This is 1970 all over again. only it is cafe regulations slamming the door, not insurance rates.
Sometimes, just because you can, doesn't mean you should.
The oem's should have set up a side company they screwed together the Shelby, the hellcats, etc. And sold them as such, not as a Ford product, Not as a Dodge production product. Exmple, the Callaway vettes, The SLP Original Firehawks. But them producing these high hp models in house sealed their fate.
I mean, How do you tell Congress and the epa you can't meet the regulations when you are building 260-350hp 4 bangers. That took brass balls, But that game is over.
Oem's Do we axe the million unit trucks and suv's or the 20k-40k yearly output of the v8 sports coupe.
remember both dodges and the mustang production numbers are not all v8's. the number of units of v8 powered units is spit.
If you didn't see this coming, you've been asleep at the wheel.
Sponsored