Sponsored

An invitation from Gotti to all R owners

Bender

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 LB GT350R HR909, 22 AB GT500 CFTP
I've talked with Leo when I was waiting for my 17. Hes a great guy who is super knowledgeable. Been following him for a while. Always good to see behind the scenes

Theres a pic with him standing next to an R without a spoiler, is that an option now for the R?
No. After they are built on the line, non standard parts like carbon fiber wheels & spoiler are installed at the mod shop
Sponsored

Donkey

Large member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
The Avalanche Grey car where he is standing behind it with a Ford license plate is mine. That car in that photo just rolled off the line and was awaiting its turn at the mod shop. The mod shop is where stripes, wing, and wheels are installed.

Yes, a lot of photos in his collection are insider shots of cars that are in various stages of production. He has a lot of interesting stuff. I hope you all enjoy them.
Actually the car gets the stripes at the mod shop and goes elsewhere for the wing, wheels and seat delete.

Here is Gotti with my R before it left to have those items installed.. note the stripes are already installed.
eheud.jpg

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Actually the car gets the stripes at the mod shop and goes elsewhere for the wing, wheels and seat delete.

Here is Gotti with my R before it left to have those items installed.. note the stripes are already installed.
With respect to the Mod Shop that is not my understanding regarding the installation of the CF wing, CF wheels and rear seat delete being installed elsewhere in Flat Rock.

;)

Donkey

Large member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
With respect to the Mod Shop that is not my understanding regarding the installation of the CF wing, CF wheels and rear seat delete being installed elsewhere in Flat Rock.

;)

I had misread what was explained to me, Harry.

The stripes do go on at a different building and then it is signed off and sent to the mod center. Which is why you see the car with stripes and without its wheels and wing. It also doesn't have the seat delete yet.

Edit: for clarification.

Apparently they do the stripes both at the mod centre and at the plant off line. Which is where my car had them applied.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Tomster

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
I was told it was workload dependant. If the mod shop is jammed up, then it goes off site. Big deal.

Sponsored

live2ride90

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jared
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
He is a great guy, thanks to Tomster and a couple other members on here for getting me in touch with him. He helped me track my car through production and gave me updates with progress of it. Thanks Gotti!

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
He is a great guy, thanks to Tomster and a couple other members on here for getting me in touch with him. He helped me track my car through production and gave me updates with progress of it. Thanks Gotti!
I am very impressed with his '93 Cobra R model chassis #71 which of course was the start for new generation R models and is low mileage and in outstanding condition.

His '93 R model is 1 of just 107 R's produced in 1993 and of course all of those cars in 1993 resemble in many ways the Base R models that we can order today as those cars did not have radios, speakers, AC, sound deadener, rear seats, etc. just like our Base R's of today.

Yes, a terrific young fellow/enthusiast and a great attribute to our hobby for sure!

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

live2ride90

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jared
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
I am very impressed with his '93 Cobra R model chassis #71 which of course was the start for new generation R models and is low mileage and in outstanding condition.

His '93 R model is 1 of just 107 R's produced in 1993 and of course all of those cars in 1993 resemble in many ways the Base R models that we can order today as those cars did not have radios, speakers, AC, sound deadener, rear seats, etc. just like our Base R's of today.

Yes, a terrific young fellow/enthusiast and a great attribute to our hobby for sure!

:thumbsup::thumbsup:
He has a Cobra R?? Awesome! I wanted one of those so bad when they came out, well still kind of do. :cheers:

Sponsored

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
He has a Cobra R?? Awesome! I wanted one of those so bad when they came out, well still kind of do. :cheers:
On post #1 you will see him standing right next to his Red Cobra R.

Muligan

ARRR!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0059 / Former Track Attack #14 "The Rented Mule"
Gotta love Gotti - especially his pic today. Line is back up and running and the team is back to building our cars!

OP
OP
Tomster

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Gotta love Gotti - especially his pic today. Line is back up and running and the team is back to building our cars!
I'd like to see that shot. A shame I don't do Instagram or other social media. Anyway, yes, Gotti is a fellow enthusiast who deeply cares about the build and quality. Hes the kind of guy who you can talk cars with all day and is a credit to Ford.

AirBusPilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Who’s Gottii? Related to the mafia crime family?

OP
OP
Tomster

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Who’s Gottii? Related to the mafia crime family?
:D Yes. He's hiding out in witness protection over in Flat Rock working the GT350 line.
Sponsored