AMPowerJ's GT350 Journal

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
If it wasn't an R, I actually consider putting resonators ON my car. I've had a lot of "raspy" exhaust cars and I could skip it. I know, sad - but I think the non-R also sounds great.
Sponsored

ncrisis

NCRISIS
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
GT350 DIB Black Roof Track Pack
Hi Folks -

I finally had time to go out and do an initial photoshoot. I always like to start a thread like this with my cars to post pics as I modify and take the car to special places, etc. As I add bits and pieces to the car I plan to update this thread.

Here it is at 1200 miles. Only mod so far is UPR's catch can. And I finally got the track spoiler installed since the car shipped with tech spoiler instead.

You took photography in Highschool.. Love the Pics and interesting juxtaposition in various photos with both angles and objects. I have one of your pics saved as my lock screen on my phone!

OP
OP

AMpowerJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 - Ordering ...
Another quick mod yesterday ... Diode Dynamics just came out with these LED rear side markers and they are a huge improvement in looks over the little halogen bulb. They really modernize the lighting to fit the rear taillights and front headlights. I have all the DD LEDs on my car now.

Blaze489

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 SHELBY GT350 Magnetic Track Pack
Another quick mod yesterday ... Diode Dynamics just came out with these LED rear side markers and they are a huge improvement in looks over the little halogen bulb. They really modernize the lighting to fit the rear taillights and front headlights. I have all the DD LEDs on my car now.

Is it easier than than installing the reverse light, because the reverse light you have to remove the pan? Is there a pan in the way for the side markers or is it like the GT where its open underneath?

thanks

TDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350, 2019 Challenger Scat Pack Widebody, 2019 Corvette Grand Sport
No pan in the way. Just reach up under the bumper and squeeze the clip in that is closest to the rear wheel and then push the light out.

Sponsored

OP
OP

AMpowerJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No pan in the way. Just reach up under the bumper and squeeze the clip in that is closest to the rear wheel and then push the light out.
Yes but there still isn't much room. I ended up laying on my back and snaking my arm in the proper place to push the clip pretty hard and push out to get the light to pop out. After that it was easy.

OP
OP

AMpowerJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alcantara Upgrades

One thing that I don't like about the GT350 interior (with the track pack) is the low quality leather boots on the shifter and handbrake and the cover on the console lid. Ever since I first saw them I thought they looked a little out of place with the alcantara on the steering wheel and the Recaro seats. Thankfully I found JPM Coachworks out of Atlanta to solve the problem for me.

http://store.jpmcoachworks.com/collections/2015-ford-mustang

They have specific solutions for the GT350 or GT350R that has the color of the alcantara and the silver stitching to match the steering wheel. The worst part of the process is that you have to take the console area apart to install all this but it wasn't bad. Just take your time. I also used red thread locker when I reinstalled the shift knob. It has some sort of thread lock on it from the factory. I was worried about it vibrating loose and without the thread locker, and I couldn't get it to line up properly when fully tightened without it. I hope it holds.

Here is the car ripped open ...

My wife walked outside while I was doing this and the look on her face was priceless.

:eyebulge:

Here are the results. IMO this fit the car much much better now.

What do you think?

SPR pedals shipped today so that is the next mod!

JN66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R, 1966 Couple (347 Stroker)
Beautiful and thank you for the URL. I am going to order a set now.

Readfast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
17 F350 King Ranch, 17 Focus RS
They are on the website in red. So looks like your answer is Yes

Sponsored

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Looks much better. THey have red stitching as well, on the fence between JPM and redline...cost is identical for the 3 pieces.

Readfast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
17 F350 King Ranch, 17 Focus RS
AMpowerJ

You Need to stop putting these Mod's on the forum. My list keeps getting bigger and bigger!

Damn YOU!
LOL

SpursFan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Wow that looks good. I didn't plan to make that swap but certainly going to now.

Trackaholic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 350Z, 2016 GT350, 2018 Pacifica Hybrid

What do you think?
I was looking at these components this very morning on my commute in to work, and was thinking, "Hmmm, too bad Ford didn't use the alcantara and white stitching like they did on the doors and steering wheel."

Then I look and see this post. Perfect timing. Looks great. Although I'm not sure I want to tear apart my console yet, but at some point I probably will.

-T