Sponsored

Am I the only who is disappointed?

Darkane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Base
Thats if it has 800HP, which suffice to say, I'm afraid its only going to have in the 730's range after doing some reading.
I'm thinking the 10.8's at 133 may be hero runs already to tell you the truth.
Oh well, you win this gentleman's bet captain! I admit, I was thinking this would have more in it.
I'm only a buyer at 750+. That may sound superficial, but I'd probably just be trading it in on the high HP mid engine vette anyway. May as well save my $ , Minus $1. of course LOL
It’s all good. I get caught up in the moment too.

Truth be told, the 500 is growing on me. I was NOT in the market before the reveal, but the orange with black roof stripeless is just too ‘loud’ to ignore. Hahah.

Like I said, anything under 11 is just screaming. It’s unreal.
Sponsored

cosmic charlie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Streetfighter Q850 NEED FOR GREEN, 2016 Focus RS (frozen white), 2016 Focus RS (stealth grey), 2014 Ford F150 Crewcab, 2015 Porsche Boxter GTS, 2013 Mercedez Benz ML350, 2003 Mercedes Benz C32AMG, 1989 Honda CRX Si Turbo

This guy sums it all up.

CANTWN4LSN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
If the 1/4 mile time is the measure of this car, why not buy a Tesla, upgrade the speakers, and put in a CD with the GT350R sound?

OP
OP
Braski

Braski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Traded 2015 Blk GT Prem PP on 2019 Corvette GS 2LT M7
Vehicle Showcase
This guy sums it all up.[/QUOTE]

Exactly!

Last edited:

Silver Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Coupe PP2
it's only funny to you because you can't understand that we don't need magazine times to know the hellcat can't compete with a ZL1 or Gt500 on a road course. I was just using it as proof of the opinion that hellcats are slow on a road course. It weighs 600 pounds more than a ZL1 and only has a 57 horsepower advantage. That's all anyone who actually gets on a road course with a car needs to know.
Not quite sure where I ever said a Hellcat could compete with a ZL1 or a GT500 on a road course. I merely commented that it didn't embarrass itself against S550's, SS Camaro's (even a 1LE), and a few Vette's that day. I have no idea what may have been done to the car, but he was running with all of those cars for twenty minute sessions and was giving up very little if any to them. I was actually a little bit in awe as I'd always heard how much of a pig they were on track. A lot of it could have been driver skill compared to the rest, who knows. But, it certainly wasn't what I'd consider to be an embarrassment.

Sponsored

Darkane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Base

This guy sums it all up.
Good watch.

Also another thing I noticed now, when the 500 shifts at redline in first —> second, the rpms drop right to 4500. Incidentally that’s exactly the peak torque number of 650 on the data sheet. It’s making a compelling argument for itself. 4225lbs :(

jpindustrie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford Mustang
I knew that doc was legit the min I saw it - people wanted to call it fake.

720 is a good, under rated number. You can see where they're going.

dark_termi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt350
Don't give this guy your views, the meaningless conjecture and conclusions drawn from nothing are no better than most of the uninformed posts on this forum
I disagree, as much as I initially thought that doc was bogus he makes an extremely compelling arguement as to the accuracy of it.

Rothgray

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Well, let's look at the GTR as a 1/4mi comparison for this. At best, the GTR has run a 10.7 1/4 mile bone stock. It's around the same weight as the new GT500, same transmission type, with similar shift speeds. AWD, but down on HP, so where the GTR will be faster in the 60ft, I'll bet the GT500 will make up for it on the back half of the track. I'm saying these cars will be more along the lines as neck and neck 1/4 mile performers.

The NSX also performs very equally in the straight. Maybe the Shelbys hero pass average will be a tenth or so quicker, than the other two mentioned cars.

Sponsored

YOLO

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06, Lexus GS350
I disagree, as much as I initially thought that doc was bogus he makes an extremely compelling argument as to the accuracy of it.

Yep.

That guy in the Video makes a compelling argument. Lots of common sense.

720HP and almost 4,300lbs. Not good.

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
one thing I t
It’s all good. I get caught up in the moment too.

Truth be told, the 500 is growing on me. I was NOT in the market before the reveal, but the orange with black roof stripeless is just too ‘loud’ to ignore. Hahah.

Like I said, anything under 11 is just screaming. It’s unreal.
yeah, she is still screaming, and like I said its been doing 10s in the 130s already. Enjoy it! The orange without stripes looks real good. I like that lime color but if I was to get one, I'd probably do silver or blue. something a little more low key.

Rothgray

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
If it runs 10s with minimal effort on street tires, and handles decently at the track for under $100k. It's a winner. The only other car out there that does it, is the Z06.

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
one thing I t

yeah, she is still screaming, and like I said its been doing 10s in the 130s already. Enjoy it! The orange without stripes looks real good. I like that lime color but if I was to get one, I'd probably do silver or blue. something a little more low key.
I think that you would really like the Orange and Lime colors on this car and would encourage you to go down that path with one of these great colors!

:like::like:
Sponsored