N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
MPH/weight calculator I've used, this car has around 770HP so far. That's going off 4300 lbs (160 lb driver and fuel) with a 133MPH quarter. with some good meat out back (DRs) it should do rather well, just how well, I think, is based on how the dct does off the line.
So We know that engine is not making 770hp. So the weight has to be lower then 4300lbs. I'm guessing around 4000-4100lbs. Prolly 1.50ish 60ft & 6.9 sec 1/8th mile. Pretty good on pilots. Put some bias plys and hello low 10's.

Also whoever said challengers can hold there own on a road course, my grandma can hold her own on a dance floor too. Doesn't mean she's doing the shuffle though.

Aliaszero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1
We know the tires already. The stock rubber are MP4S, and in the street they won’t hook that well. The track pack has special cups, which may be worse yet for straight line work.

Weight is up in the air. I expect a 300lb increase over the respective models. IE:

350 track 3800
350R 3700

You can math it from there.
I like the MP4S that i have on my GT. They don't hook well when it's cold but when they are warmed up they do rather well even in my full bolt on E-85 car. Obviously not like a DR or cups do when warm but it's acceptable for the street. I'm not peddling it or anything.

Rothgray

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
The Pilot Sport Cup 2's, are like a Toyo R888R, it's a DOT approved track tire. Where it's not meant for hard launches, like a drag radial, it's much better than a standard street tire. Give them some heat, and they'll hook.

They are quite sticky, and only last about 5000 miles, less if you do some track weekends. They are not a great option for cold temps, or rain.

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
I have 0 experience on those tires, but if like an r888, it should do decently well launching. but the launch control strategy is what is going to show the ET. on the car i referenced, M3, there was not much you could do, raise or lower by 500rpm increments, but thats it. However, referencing my 10 years of tech statement, i see a ton of newer dct cars that can do even better. im not worried about mph, that dct is gonna have the car flying in stock form. id bet $ we see mid/high 10's @ 135mph bone stock.

What i dont know, is when guys talk about "stock" , when referencing the other cars and magazine or owners initial times, does that mean stock, or can different tires be thrown on? i mean really, if we are saying 10.8 stock, and 10.20's with a street legal micky or hoosier.. thats a huge win

Last edited:

Sponsored

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500
Didn't read the 10 pages of posts between the OP and the end but to answer the question in the title... no, you're not the only one. I watched the videos of the reveal and thought, meh. Looks like my car with different body treatments, and the wing looks forced and aftermarket. And I'm probably more in the minority every day, but really, no manual transmission? To me, the fun of a fast car is having the skill to drive it. When the car does everything for you, that's just not fun for me. My neighbor has a new BMW M4. I drove it and came away thinking hmm, yep the performance is great, but my 20 year old daughter can drive it as fast as anyone else can. Probably just being too old school but I'll keep my GT manual.

Aliaszero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1
someone will run a 9.80 in it by the end of the year. A pully, tune, headers, and drag radials. No problem. I wouldn't mod mine though. I'm too afraid to break something that expensive haha

Rothgray

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Didn't read the 10 pages of posts between the OP and the end but to answer the question in the title... no, you're not the only one. I watched the videos of the reveal and thought, meh. Looks like my car with different body treatments, and the wing looks forced and aftermarket. And I'm probably more in the minority every day, but really, no manual transmission? To me, the fun of a fast car is having the skill to drive it. When the car does everything for you, that's just not fun for me. My neighbor has a new BMW M4. I drove it and came away thinking hmm, yep the performance is great, but my 20 year old daughter can drive it as fast as anyone else can. Probably just being too old school but I'll keep my GT manual.
But I'll bet your 20 year old daughter beats you around the track in a DCT M4 vs. you in a Manual M4 ;)

Anthony 05 GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT, 2015 Mustang GT Premium
I'm more disappointed with how it looks, but I guess I need to see one in front of me for the verdict. I really like the GT 350 look and it should look better than the 350. Definitely needs the manual option or I wouldn't buy one. I wouldn't be competing with it...just rowing gears myself.

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500
But I'll bet your 20 year old daughter beats you around the track in a DCT M4 vs. you in a Manual M4 ;)
LOL she probably would but I'd have more fun trying to keep up!

Sponsored

Kong76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GT
You know damn well it ain't beating a Demon, period.

Did people really believe that crap?

An 840HP car, drag radials, special rear end, strong tranny, customized drag pack suspension and a Transbrake. :cwl:

Dodge Charger Angel 919hp....... Dodge Satan xxxxhp to be continued.

obspsd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keller
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Auto Ruby Red
Even "if" it had 800HP, it still wouldn't run 10.2

If it had 1,000HP it still wouldn't run under 10.2. Do you realize all the mods Dodge had to put into the Demon to handle that 840HP and get the suspension correct?

720, 750, 799, won't make any difference. This car will run 10.6 to 10.8 when it hits the track.
What a joke.

Ken F. Williams

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenardo
Vehicle(s)
2019 BULLITT # K0750 / Harley Davidson V-Rod / Lincoln MKX
I'm sorry but there is nothing special with this GT 500. It's even less special when you compare it to everything else that is already out there. In my opinion, Ford dropped the ball BIG TIME! I don't think anyone has to worry about huge dealer mark ups on this "special stang".
Well I am sad to say that you are right.
What with the ugly front grill, the add on rear spoiler, the meaningless white side stripes and no side rear wheel air vents its Ho Hum.
No HP #, no Torque #, no Top Speed # = lousy marketing by Ford!!!
So Sad . . .
Makes my soooooooooo glad I bought a new BULLITT !!!

Junkcolctr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium ruby red
Overall I like it. I would give it an 8/10.

A manual would make it a 9. It may be a deal breaker for me.

Brakes look great, DCT is nice if you like NOT shifting.

The rear end needs some work and the headlights are old school. That cheap gear selector, what a joke.

I'd like to know who gives the go-ahead to design these cars and go into production?

I have a Z06 and it's already Sub 3.5 and Sub 11's with ONLY 650HP, and I have a Manual.

I'm very skeptical about this GT500 being faster than my Z. My Z06 is way lighter and probably handles better.

Would have never bought it if only an automatic.

I'm somewhat disappointed but I would say a Small win for Ford. I'll call it a Double or Triple.

Definitely not a Home run or Grand Slam like the Z06 was.

You can probably buy Two Camaro ZL1's for the price you'll pay for a GT500 with ADM.
Couldn't agree more the lack of a manual ( I know the auto is faster.....just not fun) is a deal breaker for me. The rest of the car is sweet. It will still have a dealer markup over invoice
Sponsored