Aluminum foot pedals not standard?

spaz mk will

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
Does it have some functional difference? I take it it's still aluminum and it's looking nice in the car :)
The factory pedals arenā€™t aluminum material, thatā€™s the distinction Iā€™m making. They appear aluminum similar to how the plasti-chrome in the interior isnā€™t actually chrome (grab handle, door handle, etc). The pedal is a rubber backing plate with a plastic aluminum look finish over top. Yes, they look nice and operate just fine.

Aftermarket, genuinely metal pedals may offer improved grip vs the factory pedals depending on their pattern. I had more than a few instances of my foot slipping around on the clutch pedal in the wet w/ certain shoes and that problem is mitigated with the different pattern on aftermarket pedals. As always, looks are subjective.

luc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT with PP
Theyā€™re slip on (brake & clutch) and screw in (gas & dead pedal) covers in other models. Would be shocked if they were real in the Mach 1
As some people have said The gas pedal is a complete unit, I know I changed it on my 17 base

OP
OP
Robinc464

Robinc464

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robin
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1(ordered) 2012 Mini 2017 Lexus RX350
For only $1900 more you could have had the aluminum pedals. :giggle: :like:
šŸ˜‚ Yes, I honestly couldnā€™t remember why I didnā€™t order the premium and then I remembered that I actually prefer the cloth Recaros over the leather ones.

Sponsored

fastergt350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 HP, 2022 Ranger Lariat Tremor
The factory pedals arenā€™t aluminum material, thatā€™s the distinction Iā€™m making. They appear aluminum similar to how the plasti-chrome in the interior isnā€™t actually chrome (grab handle, door handle, etc). The pedal is a rubber backing plate with a plastic aluminum look finish over top. Yes, they look nice and operate just fine.

Aftermarket, genuinely metal pedals may offer improved grip vs the factory pedals depending on their pattern. I had more than a few instances of my foot slipping around on the clutch pedal in the wet w/ certain shoes and that problem is mitigated with the different pattern on aftermarket pedals. As always, looks are subjective.
To be perfectly honest with you when I checked my pedals this morning, I also tapped the surface with a Starrett 6' scale and they are made of metal (could tell by the sound). I do QC for a living, so I kinda know the sound difference between metal and plastic. Ford does do a lot of plastic parts, but not in this instance.

Cobrajet70

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jamie
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach 1 Hp
Vehicle Showcase
I have a few of the pedals laying around from recalls and clutch replacements, They are definitely metal. And the gas pedal is just 4 nuts and a connector.

Scat2018

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
18 Dodge Charger scat pack
For only $1900 more you could have had the aluminum pedals. :giggle: :like:
Thatā€™s exactly why I got a 600a Mach 1.Because it u order a 700a with Recaro u lose all the seat functions and up
Paying $1900 for pedals & heated steering wheel.the only thing that would
Of got me to order a 700a would if bin ACC

Maldelver

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang Mach 1
Thatā€™s exactly why I got a 600a Mach 1.Because it u order a 700a with Recaro u lose all the seat functions and up
Paying $1900 for pedals & heated steering wheel.the only thing that would
Of got me to order a 700a would if bin ACC
And that it seems many people who ordered a 700a after March are getting their orders canceled. šŸ¤¦šŸ¼ā€ā™‚ļø
Sponsored