Sponsored

Alternatives and Lower intake on 2018 Roush

GTFORMULA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Grey gt500 pp, recaros, nav
I've been thinking for awhile off and on- why hasn't VMP used the lower intake from Roush and put the new 2.6 TVS head unit on it ? All bs aside, there must be a good reason here. Why not use the 2018 lower and the 2017 side inlet blower? It would work great. Is it just a good issue? Sales issue? Why not an older whipple on a 2018 either? Is the lower that much different from 2017 to 2018 to fit the direct injection?

Let's see if we can figure this out lol.
Sponsored

Bybotie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, HP
I've been thinking for awhile off and on- why hasn't VMP used the lower intake from Roush and put the new 2.6 TVS head unit on it ? All bs aside, there must be a good reason here. Why not use the 2018 lower and the 2017 side inlet blower? It would work great. Is it just a good issue? Sales issue? Why not an older whipple on a 2018 either? Is the lower that much different from 2017 to 2018 to fit the direct injection?

Let's see if we can figure this out lol.
They have already tried it, the hood will not close with the side inlet.

OP
OP
GTFORMULA

GTFORMULA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
And if you used an aftermarket hood? Other than the hood did it fit and run?

Bybotie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, HP
And if you used an aftermarket hood? Other than the hood did it fit and run?
I think so, there was some chatter on it on a "Tuning Tuesday" episode. They have an '18 with a Roush kit on it they are working on.

Notagain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
yellow 2016 5.0 totaled white 2018 A10 now
The bigger question is where in the hell is the inverted Kenne Bell for the 2018 gen3s!!

Sponsored

OP
OP
GTFORMULA

GTFORMULA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The bigger question is where in the hell is the inverted Kenne Bell for the 2018 gen3s!!
Lol right. Where the hell are they? Why can't you lower the engine and run the VMP to clear the hood?

If i had unlimited funds like some guys, I'd buy one to try out.

Kona 18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang
If you're looking for a 2.6 TVS you could do the Edelbrock, it's a 2.6 TVS, front feed, massive intercooler, and large rotor inlet, not tiny like the Roush. Right now it seems the Edelbrock is the best TVS options for the car, and Whipple is the best/only twin screw option. Kenne Bell hasn't updated their post in ages, I even bumped it for more info and they never responded.

Last edited:
OP
OP
GTFORMULA

GTFORMULA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If you're looking for a 2.6 TVS you could do the Edelbrock, it's a 2.6 TVS, front feed, massive intercooler, and large rotor inlet, not tiny like the Roush. Right now it seems the Edelbrock is the best TVS options for the car, and Whipple is the best/only twin screw option. Kenne Bell hasn't updated their option ages, I even bumped it for more info and they never responded.
I hear you .Edelbrook seems like an ok option .But until it comes with the stage 2 and people push them harder, it seems kinda weak. At least compare to other blowers. That might change in the future when they come out with the larger inlet and bigger tb too . I'd love to see the cfm diff between the biggest Edelbrook has tp offer and Vmp or whipple .

Kona 18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang
I hear you .Edelbrook seems like an ok option .But until it comes with the stage 2 and people push them harder, it seems kinda weak. At least compare to other blowers. That might change in the future when they come out with the larger inlet and bigger tb too . I'd love to see the cfm diff between the biggest Edelbrook has tp offer and Vmp or whipple .
I ordered the Edelbrock for that reason, to do private testing and see how well it performs. Right now the goals are 700whp on stage 1, 750+ on e85, 850-900+ on stage 2...those are goals for each phase of my upgrades

OP
OP
GTFORMULA

GTFORMULA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I ordered the Edelbrock for that reason, to do private testing and see how well it performs. Right now the goals are 700whp on stage 1, 750+ on e85, 850-900+ on stage 2...those are goals for each phase of my upgrades
I'd be interested to see how the kit is put together and it's fitment. Then power production of course. I'd actually rather give my money to Edelbrook than VMP for a tvs.

Sponsored

Kona 18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang
I'd be interested to see how the kit is put together and it's fitment. Then power production of course. I'd actually rather give my money to Edelbrook than VMP for a tvs.
I had them send me the install guide for the 18 specific kit and everything in the guide looks about right, I'll be sure to make a thread once it's all here and I tackle the install. I'll post a crap ton of pics of all the parts too

Notagain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lol right. Where the hell are they? Why can't you lower the engine and run the VMP to clear the hood?

If i had unlimited funds like some guys, I'd buy one to try out.
If I had unlimited funds the goal and plan would be simple.

4.7 KB on a 2018 A10 car on E85 just to shut up all the OMG Whipple kids.....

Not saying its a bad blower but cmon its tiny compared to a 4.7 LOL.

Annnnnd hoods be damned who needs those!!??

OP
OP
GTFORMULA

GTFORMULA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

As aftermarket hoods come out, i would prefer to put one on and run a big blower. ;)

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple

Only if your going for MAX effort and then your running into boost Octane limits with these motors anyways without lots of tricks. Bigger rotor packs take more energy to rotate so unless your goal is 1100 plus WHP bigger isn't always better. Addressing rotor pack efficiency inlet restrictions and optimized cooling is Key. Whipple 2.9L will make 600-1000 wheel effortlesly within its efficiency range given the octane for the power level. I love KB setups, but wouldn't want to run a 4.7L on a stock block running under 13 psi for sure sizing supercharger to your HP goals is important, and why many companies offer different size and CFM outputs. One size doesn't it all.

Notagain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Unlimited funds would not be stock block.......

Obviously the blower needs to be picked based on goals of the setup and what the engine itself can handle...
Sponsored