Sponsored

Almost carjacked today...

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT/CS Convertible - Race Red
Dude,
Just remember. If you had fired your weapon from a moving vehicle you WILL go to jail. Carry permit or not.
Not if I reasonably fear for my life. Just because I happen to be in a car doesn’t mean I can’t defend myself.
Sponsored

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
Not if I reasonably fear for my life. Just because I happen to be in a car doesn’t mean I can’t defend myself.
Exactly. It's called Castle Law. In TX it applies to any vehicle I'm in or on. Love my Sig P365. :handsinair:

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
You need to educate yourself. The only thing worse then no information, is bad information.

Dude,
Just remember. If you had fired your weapon from a moving vehicle you WILL go to jail. Carry permit or not.

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
Be very mindful of the actual situation. The OP never said the criminal pulled a weapon on him. Depending on the outcome, had the OP fired, then the investigation could possibly determine it as a road rage incident, in which the OP opened fire during the road rage....doesn't really matter at that point, who started the incident. Being fearful for your life means a lot of different things. Those are tense situations and a level head is definitely needed....but is often hard due to the very situation.

Let's also not forget, because something is allowed in our particular state doesn't mean it is allowed in another state. I don't know the law in SC so can't comment on it and I won't compare it to the law in CO because it wouldn't really matter, since it didn't happen there.

If someone on here is a police officer, lawyer, educated citizen of the state of SC; I think they would be more likely to respond correctly if deadly force would have been warranted in the situation the OP faced.

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Be very mindful of the actual situation. The OP never said the criminal pulled a weapon on him. Depending on the outcome, had the OP fired, then the investigation could possibly determine it as a road rage incident, in which the OP opened fire during the road rage....doesn't really matter at that point, who started the incident. Being fearful for your life means a lot of different things. Those are tense situations and a level head is definitely needed....but is often hard due to the very situation.

Let's also not forget, because something is allowed in our particular state doesn't mean it is allowed in another state. I don't know the law in SC so can't comment on it and I won't compare it to the law in CO because it wouldn't really matter, since it didn't happen there.

If someone on here is a police officer, lawyer, educated citizen of the state of SC; I think they would be more likely to respond correctly if deadly force would have been warranted in the situation the OP faced.
It’s reasonable fear of serious bodily harm or life that determines ones ability to claim self defense when using deadly force. I could shoot and kill a naked guy give the right circumstance. Having someone try and run me off the road or crash into me is probably enough. This is true in America in general.

Sponsored

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
I am guessing you are a lawyer :) or you know each and every states law somehow. This isn't a who is right or who is wrong. I say go for it, if that is what you believe. 🍻

It’s reasonable fear of serious bodily harm or life that determines ones ability to claim self defense when using deadly force. I could shoot and kill a naked guy give the right circumstance. Having someone try and run me off the road or crash into me is probably enough. This is true in America in general.

GT 550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black GT MT S550
Sorry to hear about what happened and thankfully it wasn't more serious.

IMHO the silver lining is that you were blindsided by the adrenalin rush in a near miss situation which is vastly better than being blindsided when it's escalated. If it happens again the adrenaline will be slightly less impactful but rest assured it'll still be much stronger than you want particularly if the circumstances are different eg having family/friend on board or more compressed timeframe. Also you can plan/think through things endlessly, and while it's better prep than none and lots of practice is better again the adrenalin will still make 'things' not work as you'd like eg you could do endless drills at the range which is great but when it's real your hands will still probably and unexpectedly shake like crazy and the sweat will run into your eyes which combined can make some people panic and just start firing...etc. As Mike Tyson said 'everyone has a plan until they get punched in the face'.

Take care!

460Fred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
‘19 GT350 (sold)
Guys....
Trying to figure out idiots is a losing proposition. OP will never know what the intent of this scum was. Heck the thug himself probably forgot about it the next day after he came down from whatever he was on.
Stuff like this happens all the time, all over the country and usually goes unreported.
Just be ready...at all times. Strange times man.

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
I saw a guy on i95 shoot out a cars window, never know what his motivation was. People are nutz. He was next to me for a good while.

Glad you are safe..

Why couldn't you outrun a ford fusion?

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)

Sponsored

TXAG96

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21Bronco,'20Bullitt,'01Boxster,'87Tbird-Turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Guns fired in Road Rage incidents never end well for the CHL carrier in court.

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I am guessing you are a lawyer :) or you know each and every states law somehow. This isn't a who is right or who is wrong. I say go for it, if that is what you believe. 🍻
We have an inalienable right to protect ourselves. If I fear for my life I can use deadly force to protect myself. No law gives me the right.

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guns fired in Road Rage incidents never end well for the CHL carrier in court.
Why not? If I am doing nothing wrong and some nut runs me off the road and I fear for my life I can and will defend myself.