Sponsored

AIRAID Cold Air Intake for the 2015 Mustang EcoBoost!

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0L GT and 2.3L EcoBoost Mustangs
Hello All,

A couple of members have PM'd us regarding additional information on our new intakes that are coming for the 2015 Mustangs. We did a pre-release about a week ago that a couple of vendors here on the forum have already posted, so we won't bore you with those details again. We have just (as in just this past Friday!) taken delivery of both an EcoBoost car and a GT!

We've had time to do some check-fitting of our intakes and even took the EcoBoost car to a local event this past weekend...needless to say, it attracted a lot of attention!

Here's one for the folks looking for installed shots...

We're in the middle of dyno testing and then there's a lot of number crunching to be done, so please be patient while we compile all of the data...we promise to have results soon!

If anyone has any questions on the new kits in the meantime, post up and we'll do our best to answer them. Thanks!
Sponsored

e30og

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Genesis G70 3.3T Sport
sweet box

J.Darcy

Looks great! looking frwd to seeing the results of the data.

JGillis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Taurus SHO
Hope I didnt miss this answer somewhere but is a tune required?

Sponsored

GTsquid

Looks good! Thanks for getting back to me about my question. Please post up when you finish crunching those #'s (looking for GT personally)

OP
OP
Airaid Filters
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Any v6 love?
We're right there with you! While the GT and the EcoBoost are the big push for us right this second, make no mistake, the V6 will be right on their heels. The V6 platform is one of our strongest with the 5th gen, so you can be sure it's on our radar and a big priority as well. Stay tuned!

Spartan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer Sport
We're right there with you! While the GT and the EcoBoost are the big push for us right this second, make no mistake, the V6 will be right on their heels. The V6 platform is one of our strongest with the 5th gen, so you can be sure it's on our radar and a big priority as well. Stay tuned!
Glad to hear it. I wish one of you guys would get a V6 and then take it out and give us a good review on it and actually test it against the EB. Ford seems to be trying to keep this from happening to allow an apples to apples comparison.

No comparisons tests between the V6 S550 and the EB S550 have been made yet, only EB vs the v6 S197

EgoBoost

9/11 Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Black PP GT 6 SPEED
I've had your CAI's on both 3.7 and 5.0. Please comment on audible changes both under hood and out of exhaust. Turbocharged engines are prone to compressor surge which can be annoying.

Sponsored

JJ@WMS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Mustang
We look forward to testing this quality CAI. :headbang:

JJ

OP
OP
Airaid Filters
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I've had your CAI's on both 3.7 and 5.0. Please comment on audible changes both under hood and out of exhaust. Turbocharged engines are prone to compressor surge which can be annoying.
I haven't spent a whole lot of time behind the wheel of the new 'Stangs, but we posted a video on our Facebook page yesterday of the EcoBoost on the dyno, and in that particular video the intake is installed. The closed box definitely mellows the sound as compared to our open-style EcoBoost F-150 kit, for example, but there is still an audible difference and a throatier note. Same with the GT, though it depends on whether or note you choose to delete the resonator tube. Our intake has provisions to keep or delete it as the customer chooses.

stangs-R-me

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
1969 GT & 2016 EB Mustangs
Nice !!

I think that is the 1st "Base EB" I've seen with the base 17" wheels.

There were a few pre-production "Base V6's" with those wheels in the picture threads a few months ago, but no EB's.

Is it a Manual or A/T ??

Got the Airaid CAI on my 2011 V6 and am very happy with it.

Thanks,

Doug

Darkrune

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CO EB
When I get an intake, I wanna hear turbo whistle and bypass valve. Does this provide that?

OP
OP
Airaid Filters
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nice !!

I think that is the 1st "Base EB" I've seen with the base 17" wheels.

There were a few pre-production "Base V6's" with those wheels in the picture threads a few months ago, but no EB's.

Is it a Manual or A/T ??

Got the Airaid CAI on my 2011 V6 and am very happy with it.

Thanks,

Doug
It's a manual base car. Though it's nicely optioned for a base model, it's pretty much a base car. Glad to hear that you're happy with the intake!

When I get an intake, I wanna hear turbo whistle and bypass valve. Does this provide that?
As we've mentioned, this intake is on the mellower end of the spectrum and I personally haven't driven it much around town, but when driven aggressively it sounds pretty good. It's not at all obnoxious, though. We plan on shooting more video early next week to have in time for SEMA, and we'll try and get some interior audio at that time.
Sponsored