Sponsored

AIR Suspension Trunk Setups

FIXR7

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
'93 Range Rover Rogue 351 powered, '17 Ruby GT, '99 XH V8-S ute, '69 Mercury Cougar XR7 S-code, '96 XH Ex-pork van
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks Nick,
as an example, if you're cruising along at a very low height, how many seconds does it take to get back to legal(ie lowest legal) height?
Sponsored

OP
OP
NickGoBlue

NickGoBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Oxford White 5.0
It would be almost instantly.

FIXR7

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
'93 Range Rover Rogue 351 powered, '17 Ruby GT, '99 XH V8-S ute, '69 Mercury Cougar XR7 S-code, '96 XH Ex-pork van
Vehicle Showcase
I wonder if someone can help me.
I'm about to order a system but wanted to get a shorter tank to fit in the wheel well and I forgot to measure the damn thing on the weekend and I'm at work now.
Can someone let me know the dimensions of the wheel well please?
cheers!

4orceFed

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP Equip.Group 400A
I wonder if someone can help me.
I'm about to order a system but wanted to get a shorter tank to fit in the wheel well and I forgot to measure the damn thing on the weekend and I'm at work now.
Can someone let me know the dimensions of the wheel well please?
cheers!
Probably way late, but most guys going for the wheel well set up are running the Specialty Suspension 4 gallon seamless tank. I think it's 24" long and 6" in diameter

FIXR7

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Probably way late, but most guys going for the wheel well set up are running the Specialty Suspension 4 gallon seamless tank. I think it's 24" long and 6" in diameter
Yes a bit. But thanks anyway! I ended up getting a 3 Gallon and two compressors and the Accuair E-Level touch pad setup.

Sponsored

4orceFed

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
Yes a bit. But thanks anyway! I ended up getting a 3 Gallon and two compressors and the Accuair E-Level touch pad setup.
Well, that sounds like a killer set up! Any pics of the final product?

FIXR7

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Well, that sounds like a killer set up! Any pics of the final product?
Not really there's only one box out of three that have arrived so far. I've started a thread on the Aussie forum about it so I'll fill that full of pics as I go.

4orceFed

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
Not really there's only one box out of three that have arrived so far. I've started a thread on the Aussie forum about it so I'll fill that full of pics as I go.
Waiting for shipments is trying. Good luck with the install. Just finished my set up yesterday. On to the lines and power
IMG_1403.jpg

FIXR7

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks man. I've got all the gear now except they left the main harness out and gave me a tank that won't fit!?
So anyway I've run the 3/8" lines down the left hand side with the fuel rails. There's even a spare slot in the clips for one of the lines!?
Your setup is nice and neat. What tank is that one?
btw my thread is here;
http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=71459

Last edited:

4orceFed

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
Thanks man. I've got all the gear now except they left the main harness out and gave me a tank that won't fit!?
So anyway I've run the 3/8" lines down the left hand side with the fuel rails. There's even a spare slot in the clips for one of the lines!?
Your setup is nice and neat. What tank is that one?
btw my thread is here;
http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=71459
That sucks. I'll check out your thread, thanks for the link. The tank is Specialty Suspension 4 gallon seamless. 6" diameter x 24" long.

Sponsored

Squints2See

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red GT Premium
Hi Nick,

With the 2.5 gallon tank, once you lower your car when you park to the low or show setting, is there enough air in the tank to take it back up to ride height without the compressor coming on? If so, how many times could you do that before the compressor would kick in?

I'm getting ready to do my 3P install with the 2.5 gallon tank and the 440c included with the kit. I was debating whether or not to go to the 3 or 4 gallon specialty suspension tank. I know your a proponent of a single compressor, but what are your thoughts on if the compressor were to go out? Would I be stuck?

No that's an overkill. I run a 2.5 gallon tank and 1 440 compressor.

Tobyboom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 magnetic GT PP
Even with a 7 gallon tank, and pressure set to 150, the compressor will kick on when you raise the car back up. The compressor will usually kick on at 135 psi. So no matter what, the compressor will indeed come on when you air up.

Squints2See

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red GT Premium
So maybe I'm stupid and forgetting something, but if the compressors have to kick on anytime you raise your vehicle than what are the advantages of having a larger tank (4 or 5 gallon) over a smaller 2-3 gallon tank?

Even with a 7 gallon tank, and pressure set to 150, the compressor will kick on when you raise the car back up. The compressor will usually kick on at 135 psi. So no matter what, the compressor will indeed come on when you air up.

Lowstang15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Picture before the final line runs.....but I think you get the picture. I need to take a final updated pic. 3H system with 3/8" lines and a lot of thought towards sound silencing.

75elite2.jpg
Hey DoingOK, love your setup, was thinking of going with the 1 Air Zenith compressor vs. the 2 Viair compressors but was wondering how you mounted your compressor sideways instead of standing up? Is it easy to modify or do the mounting brackets allow you to mount either way? Thanks

DoingOK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GT Premium, Recaros & PP
Hey DoingOK, love your setup, was thinking of going with the 1 Air Zenith compressor vs. the 2 Viair compressors but was wondering how you mounted your compressor sideways instead of standing up? Is it easy to modify or do the mounting brackets allow you to mount either way? Thanks
The compressor allows you to rotate the mounts so that it lays on it's side as pictured. Very easy and fits perfectly in my trunk. Thanks for the compliment.
Sponsored