Sponsored

AIR Suspension Trunk Setups

Squints2See

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red GT Premium
Thanks man! Personally it's worth it. When you're already spending 3k on the setup, what's another ~$200 for an additional compressor. It fills it up significantly faster, and also gives you a fail-safe in case one fails.

I did a whole write-up thread a few months ago, http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50099 . :thumbsup:
I know that doesn't seem like much, but I originally wanted to do this at around 3k, but I've not found anyone to sell it that cheap. Best I have found is $3,150 and that is with the V2 management, one compressor. I'm gonna check and see if a package price is better, but if not the additional wire harness for a 2nd compressor is about $125-$150, plus the $200 for the compressor, plus in my case I want to put it all in the spare tire wheel well which means I can't use the tank from the kit and have to spend another $125 on the specialty suspensions 4 gallon tank.

So with me doing the 3p management system (to allow future upgrade to sensor based management) and the add-ons, my $3k project is going to come in just shy of $4k... gulp....

Squints2See

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red GT Premium
Also, am I to assume that the compressors come on at the same time so having two compressors is twice as loud as having one?

DoingOK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GT Premium, Recaros & PP
Just fyi.......when I run my one pump and my buddy runs his dual Viair pumps, you can't hear mine running. Mine also fills quicker than his dual setup. He's thinking about swapping his out. I'm not here to argue....I'm just an old 51 year old nuclear engineer. ;-)

Squints2See

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red GT Premium
Just fyi.......when I run my one pump and my buddy runs his dual Viair pumps, you can't hear mine running. Mine also fills quicker than his dual setup. He's thinking about swapping his out. I'm not here to argue....I'm just an old 51 year old nuclear engineer. ;-)
I am open to using a larger AZ pump, but they are not offered with an airlift kit. It is a whole lot cheaper to buy a package rather than purchase each component separately to get exactly what you want.

May I ask how much that compressor cost, and what you have roughly in your setup?

Sponsored

DoingOK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GT Premium, Recaros & PP
If you are trying to keep things within a budget constraint....then yeah, the Air Zenith probably won't help ($360ish?). I have a lot invested in my setup because I pretty much changed all the fasteners to stainless steel and had stuff custom powdercoated and pinstriped. Lots of other little details in the mounting board and sound dampening as well. Not sure how much I put into it......I try not to think about it ;-)

CompO5.sl0w

GTFO_0021
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Trevor
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/PP / 2015 Jeep Rubicon
I know that doesn't seem like much, but I originally wanted to do this at around 3k, but I've not found anyone to sell it that cheap. Best I have found is $3,150 and that is with the V2 management, one compressor. I'm gonna check and see if a package price is better, but if not the additional wire harness for a 2nd compressor is about $125-$150, plus the $200 for the compressor, plus in my case I want to put it all in the spare tire wheel well which means I can't use the tank from the kit and have to spend another $125 on the specialty suspensions 4 gallon tank.

So with me doing the 3p management system (to allow future upgrade to sensor based management) and the add-ons, my $3k project is going to come in just shy of $4k... gulp....
If you are on a budget, I'd go for the single compressor. It will get the job done just fine and upgrade to a 2nd later which is super easy to do. I love having two though. Especially now that I have he train horn, it uses a lot air, so it doesn't take long for both the compressors to fill the tank back up. I also like the back-up side of having two as well.

Each model VIAir offers is different too, so take that into account. Some are more powerful than others while being louder, while some are less powerful but much quieter, vice Versa etc. I can't remember now what models are what, but it's out there.

Also, am I to assume that the compressors come on at the same time so having two compressors is twice as loud as having one?
I've had my setup on just one to compare and the sound is almost identical, but it is slightly louder.

That would make sense if you guys have different model Viars. Like I said above each model is different in how they work. I can tell you from experience that both of my 444's fill my 4 Gallon tank significantly faster than just one.

pooh_slostang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
Here's my trunk setup before I did the train horn install.
22995666993_3e9980a53e_b.jpg

Here's the setup after the train horn install along with some added wire loom.
26436926825_7fe07a5bd4_b.jpg

With the tire well covered, you wouldn't even know it was all there lol.
22994541754_c348d1a677_b.jpg

26601772083_506039a2c1_b.jpg
Quick question for you sir, what size is the air tank? 4 or 5 gal?
Thank you!

OP
OP
NickGoBlue

NickGoBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Oxford White 5.0
Looks like a 2.5 maybe a 3 gallon

FIXR7

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
'93 Range Rover Rogue 351 powered, '17 Ruby GT, '99 XH V8-S ute, '69 Mercury Cougar XR7 S-code, '96 XH Ex-pork van
Vehicle Showcase
Great info from you guys!
I'm just getting into this and I must say I'd like the setup hidden in the wheel well. More because I'll still have useable space and also if the cops look in there and don't immediately see the tank and compressor.:D
On the cost question, surely a supplier would be able to do a kit with twin tanks or a single to fit the space of the wheel well without a large difference in price?

Sponsored
OP
OP
NickGoBlue

NickGoBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Oxford White 5.0
All you will need is a single tank and compressor. That's all that would really fit in the spare tire well

FIXR7

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
'93 Range Rover Rogue 351 powered, '17 Ruby GT, '99 XH V8-S ute, '69 Mercury Cougar XR7 S-code, '96 XH Ex-pork van
Vehicle Showcase
All you will need is a single tank and compressor. That's all that would really fit in the spare tire well
So this is not required...

attachment.jpg

OP
OP
NickGoBlue

NickGoBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Oxford White 5.0
No that's an overkill. I run a 2.5 gallon tank and 1 440 compressor.

FIXR7

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks Nick, good to know.
Looks like the kits have a rather large tank that won't fit in the wheel well though.

OP
OP
NickGoBlue

NickGoBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Oxford White 5.0
When you decide to get your kit you can tell them you want a smaller tank. The standard tank that I usually sell to all of my customers is 4 gallon. Some want bigger some want smaller.
Sponsored