Sponsored

Air conditioner

Medsport

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Guard Premium GT automatic
I'm sure there are some threads on this somewhere, but couldn't seem to find any from a quick search. Anyway, my air conditioner cooling quit working a few days ago. I've been using the defrost since its still warm out here during the day, but even that doesn't seem to be cooling. My cooled seats haven't been working well for weeks too if thats related in any way. Just wondering if this is a big issue or not? I'm leaning towards letting it go since my 1320 should be coming in any day now (most likely this week or next at the latest). I wouldn't think they would dock my trade in too much for this and most likely would cost me more to take it to the shop if I could even get in before my new car arrives.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Medsport

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Anybody? I'm guessing its the compressor since the fan seemed to be going up and down by itself a week or so ago. The fan is working fine now, just no cold air. I guess I can hope its cool out when I go to turn it so maybe they won't notice it.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
I'm sure there are some threads on this somewhere, but couldn't seem to find any from a quick search. Anyway, my air conditioner cooling quit working a few days ago. I've been using the defrost since its still warm out here during the day, but even that doesn't seem to be cooling. My cooled seats haven't been working well for weeks too if thats related in any way. Just wondering if this is a big issue or not? I'm leaning towards letting it go since my 1320 should be coming in any day now (most likely this week or next at the latest). I wouldn't think they would dock my trade in too much for this and most likely would cost me more to take it to the shop if I could even get in before my new car arrives.
Look at the top of this forum, the A/C stickies are there that can help you with A/C operation and failures experienced by other M6G members.

Regarding your Cooled seats concerns:
The cooled seats don’t have any correlation to working or not working based on the HVAC system (A/C operation). If a TED is not getting power or works intermittently, the fault lies with the TED itself, wiring or BCM issue. The only thing that can come into play is if the HVAC is on in A/C mode and the interior of the car is super cool, it will help to cool the seat surface as opposed to baking in the sun. A cooler seating surface will be beneficial to the operation of the TED’s located under the upholstery.

Here’s a few threads about the heated/cooled seats and findings:

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/heated-cooled-seats-mystery.152156/

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...lick-cant-find-the-relay.112533/#post-2935331

OP
OP

Medsport

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm still not seeing where the air condition stickies are. I'm not too worried about the seats at this point though as they seem to be working a little bit, but the air conditioning not at all. Its all likely a moot point though as the Dodge dealer messaged me earlier and wants the payoff details and such on the stang as it sounds like they may receive the Challenger this week. I don't know how I feel about it as its almost getting too cold to enjoy it and will have to put the winter wheels on about the time I break it in. I'm still debating and starting to search for a winter beater too, but its hard to find anything that looks decent in the 1-1.5k range and the few that look good all seem to be part of a scam as they refer you to their personal email and give a similar story of being out of the country or the husband just died as why its so cheap, ect, ect.
Sponsored